Hey look....Willies to Texas Tech

What was the name of that one really short track athlete who played wide receiver and got tons of playing time but would only get one catch a year, or less.

And you didn't mention Powell, so maybe you agree he should have played in front of KMM?

I damn sure would have played both Willies AND Powell in front of KMM, last season. KMM is/was nothing more than a possession receiver. We needed to throw deep and execute deep in order to get the 8th and 9th men out of the box to free up the LOS to help our running. Even MW could have been exponentially better against 7 in the box. For that we needed T. Smith, DW and Powell, along with CJ. Throw in deep seam passes to Hamilton and Duzey and we could have had an exciting offense, if not one that was trying to address our shortcomings in the running game.

This isn't just complaining for complaining's sake, I was saying this all last season, up until Willies quit. Strategically, this is what I believe we needed to win more games last season.

Powell was fast. He was also fragile. He was basically one-dimensional.

What was the name of that one really short track athlete who played wide receiver and got tons of playing time but would only get one catch a year, or less.

Warren Holloway is most recent example. Back in 1981 it was Charles Jone, who had the 100-meter record and caught one TD pass against Indiana.

I think part of the problem is that DW and T. Smith were playing the same position and there is no way he beats out TS. But why not change your offense to match the talent you have? TS, DW and DP could get open deep and CJ could throw it deep. Three of those 4 were vastly under used. So, even if a person doesn't think kfootball keeps more talented players on the bench in favor of less talented players, he certainly is guilty of not changing his offense, to match available talent, when he has an abundance of talent at the same position...because you can only have 1 receiver on the field at a time that has speed and should go deep. Honestly, Powell should have gone deep twice a game for 2 seasons. That didn't even come close to happening.

Asking why we don't change the offense makes to much sense.

Why does kf do anything?

Why would he consider Rudock a better option at QB?

Why on Gods green earth would you hire Greg Davis?

This is why there is no way I can believe that Willies was actually a worse receiver than half the guys playing in front of him.

everything Ferentz does regarding offense other than teaching Oline technique is just garbage.

Hi guys, had to step away from this thread for a bit to start two companies, perform a brain surgery, and save a small child from a fire.

Have any new points been made?

Hi guys, had to step away from this thread for a bit to start two companies, perform a brain surgery, and save a small child from a fire.

Some new great points were made about how KF should have overhauled the entire offense to feature the strengths of Willies and Powell.

I kid, I kid. Seriously though, my hopes of KF bringing the offense up to date ended in 2012.

bump.

This thread has legs.

bc2590cd_legs6leggedwoman.jpeg

Latest posts