Grim Outlook for Iowa Football 2013?

Well if you are calling yourself genius then you must be an alt for Ghost.

Wait.....nvm...he is old school genius...my bad

The stats are readily available from the weekly game notes. The closer the game is, the worse KF's record is.In games decided by 10 points or less 34-38 .4722, 7 pts or less 29-38 .4328, 3 pts or less 15-23 .3947. For comparison, Northwestern as a program is 32-13 since 2004 in games decided by 7 pts or less. It has been well established that we play more close games than the vast majority of other schools during the KF era, and we are uniformly terrible in those games.

Wow... Those are not pretty stats.

I am an amalgamation of them all and transcend the traditional posting paradigm. Consider yourself lucky to be in my presence.

Reno, you were banned for a month. If you want it to stay at just a month, don't go the alt route again. I am also aware of one more you have created and not really used. We'll just sit back and see what you do there.

the stats shared by the banned Reno under the Willie alt...I will grant those are striking and bordering on indicting.

Reno, you were banned for a month. If you want it to stay at just a month, don't go the alt route again. I am also aware of one more you have created and not really used. We'll just sit back and see what you do there.

I am an amalgamation of them all and transcend the traditional posting paradigm. Consider yourself lucky to be in my presence.

the stats shared by the banned Reno under the Willie alt...I will grant those are striking and bordering on indicting.

gettold.jpg

Man, some pretty pessimistic people around here. I think our entire season depends on QB play. The pieces of our Offense are there with Weisman, Rodgers, Bullock, KMM, Cotton, CJF, Sherff, Donnal, Blythe, Van Sloten, and Walsh all bringing back considerable playing time. JVB and Davis were terrible last year between bad throws/decisions, and dropped passes, and couldn't keep our very average Defense off the field longer than 2 minutes. Addition by subtraction IMO. Our D as a whole will be better, as our highly rated Dline prospects(Ekakitie, Johnson, and Cooper) will all be another year older and we lose two guys that were not good(in fact, probably don't play any other year for Iowa football), all LB's back, and Lowery/Miller/Law back in the secondary. Hyde will hurt, no doubt. Outside of OSU, every team is very beatable.

Man, some pretty pessimistic people around here. I think our entire season depends on QB play. The pieces of our Offense are there with Weisman, Rodgers, Bullock, KMM, Cotton, CJF, Sherff, Donnal, Blythe, Van Sloten, and Walsh all bringing back considerable playing time. JVB and Davis were terrible last year between bad throws/decisions, and dropped passes, and couldn't keep our very average Defense off the field longer than 2 minutes. Addition by subtraction IMO. Our D as a whole will be better, as our highly rated Dline prospects(Ekakitie, Johnson, and Cooper) will all be another year older and we lose two guys that were not good(in fact, probably don't play any other year for Iowa football), all LB's back, and Lowery/Miller/Law back in the secondary. Hyde will hurt, no doubt. Outside of OSU, every team is very beatable.
This is the correct answer. Iowa should be improved on practically every unit. They have 10 potential wins, and 10 potential losses. Their ceiling is not 6 wins. If Scherff, Donnal, Rodgers, and Weisman don't all go down in about six seconds, there is no doubt that Iowa would have won 6 or 7 games last year. I'm guessing that would have completely changed these predictions, even though it does not changes next years team.

Here's a good website that shows the returning starters for the top teams around the country including, NIU, MIchigan, MSU, OSU, NW, Wisconsin, and Nebby all on our schedule. It may make some feel better about next year when you see what other teams lose.

http://www.nationalchamps.net/index.htm

Here's a good website that shows the returning starters for the top teams around the country including, NIU, MIchigan, MSU, OSU, NW, Wisconsin, and Nebby all on our schedule. It may make some feel better about next year when you see what other teams lose.

2012 College Football Preview

"Feel better" and the clowns who fill this forum are mutually exclusive. We're either going to win the national title or we wil be 2-10. No middle ground, brah.

Do you still live in the U?

Next years football season will be like my vasectomy... painful, annoying, and will make my stomach queezy yet I will put myself through the pain while complaining how awful it is. I'm so predictable.

Latest posts