Grim Outlook for Iowa Football 2013?

You are right about him beliving in his system. Dont think he spends much time worrying about what people on message boards think. Much to the distress of many on here. I just think everyone is caught up in being mad because we had a bad year. I dont see any reason he cant turn this back around and have another good run if he is hiring the right coaches. His whole staff will have been revamped after this year in my opinion. Remember how everyone hated KOK until he left. Im not saying GD is the awnser. Im not that smart. But he better be for KF sake.

Then you haven't been paying attention the last three years. This not only about have a bad season. There are structural problems with Iowa football right now. Open your eyes, man. Live in reality, unlike your role model.

FreedComanche

Explain the structural problems to me. I really would like to hear what you think the problems and the awnsers are. I meen its easy to give one liners but I would love to know a indepth what you think.
Then you haven't been paying attention the last three years. This not only about have a bad season. There are structural problems with Iowa football right now. Open your eyes, man. Live in reality, unlike your role model.

FreedComanche

You are right about him beliving in his system. Dont think he spends much time worrying about what people on message boards think. Much to the distress of many on here. I just think everyone is caught up in being mad because we had a bad year. I dont see any reason he cant turn this back around and have another good run if he is hiring the right coaches. His whole staff will have been revamped after this year in my opinion. Remember how everyone hated KOK until he left. Im not saying GD is the awnser. Im not that smart. But he better be for KF sake.

I think this is the first step, he has to have coaches that are hungry to excel in this profession not just "yes" men. I think he knows that too, I mean I know Brian probably doesn't argue with his dad infront of the other coaches or players but I bet Kirk respects what his son has to offer this team/program. Brian seems like a good recruiter "so far", but by that I mean he has gotten some fairly heavily recruited guys to come to Iowa. He hasn't gotten a 4* or 5* guy but he has gotten quite a few 3* guys that could have decent careers if they keep their noses clean and they stay healthy and driven.

Freed, we should talk politics sometime. I think thats something we might agree on

I was agreeing with you right there. I said it would take an effort to be worse on offense than last year's offense. I mean, it was so bad last year - that the team would have to try to be worse.

On politics, I doubt you'd agree with me. This country is too far gone for any kinda political solution to anything. With as bad as things were both morally/culturally and economically in 11/2012, and the communist in chief was still re-elected with communist gains in the house and senate. Lol................there is no hope left. The republicans are such a bunch of gutless, worthless boobs.............they should just spend their campaign cash on ice cream parties rather than try to win elections.

FreedComanche

Dave I read a lot on here about KF and his staff not caring or not hungry enough. I dont know where that come from unless its just the fact that his personality comes across that way. Over the past 5-6 years I have been to team events taken players to lunch got their opinion on alot of things and I think the premise that KF doesnt care or is not competative is WAY off. Its just not the case. If people want to get on KF get on him for the year after the Orange Bowl. That team way under performed. This past year we just didnt have the horses It happens. Look at USC this year
I think this is the first step, he has to have coaches that are hungry to excel in this profession not just "yes" men. I think he knows that too, I mean I know Brian probably doesn't argue with his dad infront of the other coaches or players but I bet Kirk respects what his son has to offer this team/program. Brian seems like a good recruiter "so far", but by that I mean he has gotten some fairly heavily recruited guys to come to Iowa. He hasn't gotten a 4* or 5* guy but he has gotten quite a few 3* guys that could have decent careers if they keep their noses clean and they stay healthy and driven.

I know we arnt suppose to talk about this on here but I bet we are closer than you think. Atilla the Hun was my Great Grampa
I was agreeing with you right there. I said it would take an effort to be worse on offense than last year's offense. I mean, it was so bad last year - that the team would have to try to be worse.

On politics, I doubt you'd agree with me. This country is too far gone for any kinda political solution to anything. With as bad as things were both morally/culturally and economically in 11/2012, and the communist in chief was still re-elected with communist gains in the house and senate. Lol................there is no hope left. The republicans are such a bunch of gutless, worthless boobs.............they should just spend their campaign cash on ice cream parties rather than try to win elections.

FreedComanche

Explain the structural problems to me. I really would like to hear what you think the problems and the awnsers are. I meen its easy to give one liners but I would love to know a indepth what you think.

Ok, you asked.......................

1) A big drop off in talent. The reason for this is easy. ferentz used to have asst. coaches that could both recruit well and develop that talent well. He has not had those kinda coaches for years now. Hence, the rumors that he's getting rid of a lot of his current staff.

2) 114th ranked offense in the nation. This is a result of a structural problem which is ferentz is offensively dumb, always has been and as a result both hires and retains an OC who oversees the offense to a 114th ranked season.

3) The press conference right after the last game of a 4-8 season, you have a coach who says he is comfortable with everything now, but of course not happy with the season we just had. He completely contradicted himself there and has said stuff like this a lot. This is just one reason why I believe that he truly is delusional.

Three is enough for now so not even gonna mention how horrible of game day coach he's always been.

FreedComanche

Dave I read a lot on here about KF and his staff not caring or not hungry enough. I dont know where that come from unless its just the fact that his personality comes across that way. Over the past 5-6 years I have been to team events taken players to lunch got their opinion on alot of things and I think the premise that KF doesnt care or is not competative is WAY off. Its just not the case. If people want to get on KF get on him for the year after the Orange Bowl. That team way under performed. This past year we just didnt have the horses It happens. Look at USC this year

I agree, I think it is his personality that causes it, along with losing. If he were winning and his OC was a monkey, no one would question him.

I just think the coaching staff needs overhauled and it appears that it is going to be. Coach Campbell is gone and with rumors with other coaches being on the way out is good for the program. Ferentz needs younger, hungier coaches ones that don't seem complacent at times.

I like Ferentz because of what he doesn't for the school and community, he is a good person. It can be argued that he makes too much money but I don't care if he makes $5 or $50 million a year, I don't pay his salary. If anyone on here does and doesn't like him then stop. It isn't required that they buy season tickets or gear or donate.

I think recruiting has been a flop, then add on attrition and it seems that coaching changes other than Woods and Brian I think changes need to be made again.

3) The press conference right after the last game of a 4-8 season, you have a coach who says he is comfortable with everything now, but of course not happy with the season we just had. He completely contradicted himself there and has said stuff like this a lot. This is just one reason why I believe that he truly is delusional.
FreedComanche

You gotta let this go, #1 and #2 completely contradict #3.

You gotta let this go, #1 and #2 completely contradict #3.

It all boils down to this: You think ferentz is a guy of sound mind. I don't. A guy of sound mind does not allow points 1 and 2 to happen.

But why do I really care? Realizing this doesn't benefit me. Good day.

FreedComanche

It all boils down to this: You think ferentz is a guy of sound mind. I don't. A guy of sound mind does not allow points 1 and 2 to happen.

But why do I really care? Realizing this doesn't benefit me. Good day.

FreedComanche

I agree with this, that is a good point Freed.

FreedComanche

33549278.jpg

IOWA FOOTBALL ABOUT TO BE RECYCLED. THE END IS NEAR

[video=youtube;L9UXKOIvuYE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9UXKOIvuYE[/video]

OK Freed, thanks for the response. No. 1 is your best response. I have thought for 2-3 years he would make some changes and he will in my opinion have had a almost all new staff by the time next year starts. I also have wondered for a few years if Doyle is allowed to work guys as hard since the Rabido deal. His program was one of the main ways we have been able to develope guys in the past. No 2. KF is dumb. This is a opinion not a fact so I dont really know how to address it because you are entitled to yours. I do know he is VERY well respected in the coaching community So do I belive you or them ? Just asking. No. 3 You really dont learn much from his Press conferences. You know that. He is not the kind of guy who is going to say I need to fire a few coaches. As for a game day coach I think his time managment issues are a big problem. I give you that. Otherwise he plays his system. History will judge him on that when his day at Iowa is done. Next !!!
Ok, you asked.......................

1) A big drop off in talent. The reason for this is easy. ferentz used to have asst. coaches that could both recruit well and develop that talent well. He has not had those kinda coaches for years now. Hence, the rumors that he's getting rid of a lot of his current staff.

2) 114th ranked offense in the nation. This is a result of a structural problem which is ferentz is offensively dumb, always has been and as a result both hires and retains an OC who oversees the offense to a 114th ranked season.

Three is enough for now so not even gonna mention how horrible of game day coach he's always been.

FreedComanche

Now that Capt. has experienced being home for the holidays... no threat of losing his job due to contract... no way he's returning to that bowl grind. First Christmas and New Years he could enjoy in a long time.

C'mon man, there are no jinxes. It is what it is.

Mose,

Lasbur and I were discussing that Iowa just needs the ball to bounce their way a few times, I compared it to '09 when it seemed the ball bounced in Iowa's favor everytime until Stanzi went down in the Northwestern game. I mean look at the Indiana game with Sash's INT return for a TD, that was nuts.

I don't actually believe in jinxes, but it seems you took my post out of context.

Exactly, some years you get a little lucky, some years you dont. Kinda like real life
Mose,

Lasbur and I were discussing that Iowa just needs the ball to bounce their way a few times, I compared it to '09 when it seemed the ball bounced in Iowa's favor everytime until Stanzi went down in the Northwestern game. I mean look at the Indiana game with Sash's INT return for a TD, that was nuts.

I don't actually believe in jinxes, but it seems you took my post out of context.

Latest posts