Fran's got a great gig...

I just don't like the chances of a guy giving out 400 bucks on a lost bet. Gotta think about it.
I don't blame you for punking out. You know he won't win a Big Ten title. Otherwise, what's to think about? If you win and I don't pay the bet, you haven't lost anything. It's not like you are putting the money on your end, up front.
Just admit that you know Fran won't win a Big ten title, refuse the bet and we can all move on.

I don't blame you for punking out. You know he won't win a Big Ten title. Otherwise, what's to think about? If you win and I don't pay the bet, you haven't lost anything. It's not like you are putting the money on your end, up front.
Just admit that you know Fran won't win a Big ten title, refuse the bet and we can all move on.

Yea that logic makes sense. If got a pretty good chance to lose 100 and a really good chance to get nothing if I win.

(4) 2nd place finishes and (6) 3rd place finishes in that same 39 year time span. Odds are against it, sure. It is not ridiculous to say that Fran is incapable of getting Iowa a B1G title.

Did you word that last sentence wrong?

Yea that logic makes sense. If got a pretty good chance to lose 100 and a really good chance to get nothing if I win.
As if your word were somehow more reliable than anyone else's on an anonymous message board. Lol. Yeah. You don't want to bet because you know you'll lose but you don;t want to have to admit that fact. That's ok. You don;t have to say it. Everybody here knows it.

As if your word were somehow more reliable than anyone else's on an anonymous message board. Lol. Yeah. You don't want to bet because you know you'll lose but you don;t want to have to admit that fact. That's ok. You don;t have to say it. Everybody here knows it.

Well I don't have to question my word because I know me.

many fans are too lenient with kirk and too harsh on fran.
I would agree with that. I'm probably a bit the other way simply because it doesn't look like Barta is going to do anything on the Men's bball side either. Lick was such a misfit in terms of fit and basketball that Fran's job was almost too easy to make it look better than it did under Lickliter. So at this point we will win a few conference games....maybe even pull off an upset here and there but I don't see us in any post season basketball and certainly not the Big dance. So then next year with the recruits we have should be better which means Fran gets more leash. So, i'm on record saying that I think NOW you have to give him 2 seasons and nobody can say the admin at Iowa wasn't patient.

I would agree with that. I'm probably a bit the other way simply because it doesn't look like Barta is going to do anything on the Men's bball side either. Lick was such a misfit in terms of fit and basketball that Fran's job was almost too easy to make it look better than it did under Lickliter. So at this point we will win a few conference games....maybe even pull off an upset here and there but I don't see us in any post season basketball and certainly not the Big dance. So then next year with the recruits we have should be better which means Fran gets more leash. So, i'm on record saying that I think NOW you have to give him 2 seasons and nobody can say the admin at Iowa wasn't patient.

I am seeing much better play from this team, but still need a real fix at pg. I see Conner as improvement at pg but what does fran do with JBo? I mean, obviously he would start spending much more time at sg. but that really would alter the entire rotation from first team to how he uses his bench. it would be a huge mid-season change, but one I think needs to happen. Moss hasn't shown me the consistency needed, so JBo taking minutes from Moss would make logical sense, also. Daily coming on also pushes Moss' minutes. However, MD could split time at pg and sf. i am hoping fran has the tomatoes to make these in season changes. if he does, then i think we can become a NCAA level team. I feel conner moves the ball that well running the offense and JBo taking 12+ 3's a game is an absolute necessity.

Smart move to back out of that bet @PCHawk because you weren't getting good odds haha.

You're right it's not good odds. I'm sure Vegas would set them higher. But it's still a bet I would take with someone I knew would pay because I think Fran is going to have a really good team soon and there is only one other team right now that's tough in the conference.

There is maybe 5 programs in the nation that would fire a coach with Fran's results the last 4 years. There is a window that every program has between getting the results they want and having results that are a fireable offense. Like I said, Fran's results would be in that window for all but a handful of programs.

You're right it's not good odds. I'm sure Vegas would set them higher. But it's still a bet I would take with someone I knew would pay because I think Fran is going to have a really good team soon and there is only one other team right now that's tough in the conference.

It's pretty crazy to expect Fran to win a Big Ten title. His teams do not perform well under pressure at all.

It's pretty crazy to expect Fran to win a Big Ten title. His teams do not perform well under pressure at all.

I don't "expect" him to. I think he has a pretty good chance to. Huge difference. Gesell's class did bad under pressure. Everyone else has done fine with pressure.

I don't "expect" him to. I think he has a pretty good chance to. Huge difference. Gesell's class did bad under pressure. Everyone else has done fine with pressure.

Last year we got boat raced by a pretty blah Indiana team in a must win game to get on the right side of the bubble.

Yea and before that we won a bunch of games to give us a chance for the bubble.

Those weren't really high pressure games, we were nowhere near the bubble until we won them. As soon as they got to the bubble talk they crapped the bed.

Those weren't really high pressure games, we were nowhere near the bubble until we won them. As soon as they got to the bubble talk they crapped the bed.

True. But they have won high pressure individual games. That is still pressure and takes the same qualities to overcome. Gesell's class choked in high pressure games, and the two times they got national attention.

True. But they have won high pressure individual games. That is still pressure and takes the same qualities to overcome. Gesell's class choked in high pressure games, and the two times they got national attention.

Which ones? There is a big difference between winning games in a tough environment and winning high pressure games. We had no pressure on us to win last year at Maryland or Wisconsin.

Latest posts