Frans future

Somebody tell me what makes this kid such an important recruit, and you can’t use the “because we don’t have anyone else” excuse.
Oh, I don't know, maybe because he's a motherfucking McCaffery?

DSOu.gif

??? We saw Nunge last year. How much "real deal" can any player get over 1 year with Fran? I think you bumped your head.
I’m high on Nunge. Fran tried playing him out of position at the 3 because he wanted to get all the bigs minutes. That’s on Fran not Jack. If Cook is gone Jack will be back at his more natural spot.

I’m high on Nunge. Fran tried playing him out of position at the 3 because he wanted to get all the bigs minutes. That’s on Fran not Jack. If Cook is gone Jack will be back at his more natural spot.
Absolutely agree that he wasn't a 3. I'm just not sure he's an upgrade or the answer at the 4 - post TC.

Absolutely agree that he wasn't a 3. I'm just not sure he's an upgrade or the answer at the 4 - post TC.

Kinda thinking we will be pleasantly surprised next year with JN , should see more blocks than TC , less turnovers , thinking at least as many rebounds and hopefully scoring will b there as well , …. to optimistic ?? maybe , but I do have hopes for him , he had some good moments as a freshman , 2 yrs older next season , will c how it works out

That’s a fair take, I’ve always been high on him but hard to say how he will turn out. In my opinion he has some of the most potential on the team and if everything went right “could” be a 1st All Conference player as a upperclassmen in a couple years. Again the key word there is could, right now that’s pure speculation.

One thing I do know is he moves his feet better than both Garza and Kriener, and can’t possibly get out of position more often than TC does, in theory that will help with defense. Offense is never really my concern with Iowa.

That’s a fair take, I’ve always been high on him but hard to say how he will turn out. In my opinion he has some of the most potential on the team and if everything went right “could” be a 1st All Conference player as a upperclassmen in a couple years. Again the key word there is could, right now that’s pure speculation.

One thing I do know is he moves his feet better than both Garza and Kriener, and can’t possibly get out of position more often than TC does, in theory that will help with defense. Offense is never really my concern with Iowa.

If you can promise me that Pemsl/Nunge will be better on the defensive end I would be the first in line for TC to move on.

Kinda thinking we will be pleasantly surprised next year with JN , should see more blocks than TC , less turnovers , thinking at least as many rebounds and hopefully scoring will b there as well , …. to optimistic ?? maybe , but I do have hopes for him , he had some good moments as a freshman , 2 yrs older next season , will c how it works out
Not the highest motor and doesn't have the best feet. No handle. I'm not counting on anything from him, at this point. Anything above 8 ppg and 4 rpg would be above my expectations. But below what's acceptable for a 3rd year player at the position.

I'd say he's got about the same feet as Kriener. Hard to say after he's put that weight on. He has no handle, so he can't attack the basket from beyond the arc. We'll have to see. Anything above 8/5 would be more than I'd expect from him.

I'd say he's got about the same feet as Kriener. Hard to say after he's put that weight on. He has no handle, so he can't attack the basket from beyond the arc. We'll have to see. Anything above 8/5 would be more than I'd expect from him.

What if you get 6/3 from Pemsl then what? They can't run the floor the way Cook can but you are getting the same results. You are trading Nunge's ablity to hit the occasional 3 for Cook's explosiveness on the inside.

What if you get 6/3 from Pemsl then what? They can't run the floor the way Cook can but you are getting the same results. You are trading Nunge's ablity to hit the occasional 3 for Cook's explosiveness on the inside.
It depends. Cook draws a lot of defensive pressure that allows for open 3 pt looks. Nunge/Pemsl would have to combine to get to 15/8 and keep opposing players occupied so that our guards have open looks. It's not all about the numbers. A player like Cook puts a lot of pressure on help defenders. Same with a player like Jok. A lot of posters assumed we'd be better without him, as long as we could come close to replacing his 19 ppg as a team. Well, we did replace his production and we were much worse as a team.

We’re heading to the tourney which I think for most exceeded expectations coming into the season. But I still don’t think overall Fran has the support of the fan base.

I feel like the programs future is really looming on Cook and Moss staying. If somehow we can keep these 2 guys and hopefully and even better season next year and have the program on a better foundation than just up and and down and hopefully impact the next recruiting class, it will really determine Frans future.

I like Toussaint and Patrick but if we lose Cook and/or Moss, I don’t feel great about the roster.

I guess what I’m saying is that if Fran can somehow get Tyler and Moss to stay I’d feel much better about next year as well as the ability to continue recruiting as the program will be on an upward swing.

On the opposite end if we lose Cook or Moss I feel like we’ll take a step backwards and unless Fran can bring in some top talent, I feel like momentum and recruiting is heading in the wrong direction.
Won't matter we've seen Fran's highwater mark it's the occasional appearance in the NCAA's with the occasional first round win followed by a blowout loss in the round of 32. Apparently the Prez of the U and Barta are completely satisfied with that. I don't know why we continue to create threads that are total re-treads.

It depends. Cook draws a lot of defensive pressure that allows for open 3 pt looks. Nunge/Pemsl would have to combine to get to 15/8 and keep opposing players occupied so that our guards have open looks. It's not all about the numbers. A player like Cook puts a lot of pressure on help defenders. Same with a player like Jok. A lot of posters assumed we'd be better without him, as long as we could come close to replacing his 19 ppg as a team. Well, we did replace his production and we were much worse as a team.

Not just plugging in numbers. i am factoring in what he gives you on the floor. I am just hoping for the outside/in game with Nunge and the inside/out game with Pemsl. That combo gives you what Cook couldn't. I will fully admit that is wishful thinking on my part.

Not the highest motor and doesn't have the best feet. No handle. I'm not counting on anything from him, at this point. Anything above 8 ppg and 4 rpg would be above my expectations. But below what's acceptable for a 3rd year player at the position.

No motor. No feet. No handles. Interesting list of assumptions based on nearly 0 evidence.

Not just plugging in numbers. i am factoring in what he gives you on the floor. I am just hoping for the outside/in game with Nunge and the inside/out game with Pemsl. That combo gives you what Cook couldn't. I will fully admit that is wishful thinking on my part.
Anything is possible. I wouldn't count on it. I

No motor. No feet. No handles. Interesting list of assumptions based on nearly 0 evidence.
Were you asleep last season...or? Did he play in 33 games last season or was I dreaming that? Now I'm confused. I'm gonna have to check Google.
Nope, I didn't dream it. He played last season.
I am willing to concede that he could be greatly improved. It's possible.

Were you asleep last season...or? Did he play in 33 games last season or was I dreaming that? Now I'm confused. I'm gonna have to check Google.
Nope, I didn't dream it. He played last season.
I am willing to concede that he could be greatly improved. It's possible.

If this is your view of how JN performed in his true freshman year, it is just that...your view.

If this is your view of how JN performed in his true freshman year, it is just that...your view.
You continue to be delusional. Keep your rosy colored glasses on. I guess an entire season of basketball is zero evidence . Who knew you were this moronic?

...but it's a view with an entire season of evidence. Not the "zero evidence" you claimed.

Oh, ok. Then my view is that his handles were just fine, his feet would have looked fine if he was not played out of position, and his motor was quite good. There. New evidence!

Latest posts