Frans future

I'd say he's got about the same feet as Kriener. Hard to say after he's put that weight on. He has no handle, so he can't attack the basket from beyond the arc. We'll have to see. Anything above 8/5 would be more than I'd expect from him.

Your posts come across as being so negative and then you have him averaging 8 and 5. Which for a player that is a sophomore, eligibility wise, I think would be pretty good.

Your posts come across as being so negative and then you have him averaging 8 and 5. Which for a player that is a sophomore, eligibility wise, I think would be pretty good.
It's a matter of context. My original response was to the idea that Nunge would make us forget about Cook. I don't think his feet are as good as Cook's and I don't think he has a good handle for a 3/4. He doesn't have that non-stop motor that stands out, like a Baer or Garza. If he averages more than 8/5, I'd consider that above my expectations. 8/5 isn't bad production for Nunge at this point in his career. I don't think he'll ever be a 16/10 guy. I could be wrong. I've been wrong before. many times. Player evaluation is far from an exact science and I don't put a lot of time into it.

It's a matter of context. My original response was to the idea that Nunge would make us forget about Cook. I don't think his feet are as good as Cook's and I don't think he has a good handle for a 3/4. He doesn't have that non-stop motor that stands out, like a Baer or Garza. If he averages more than 8/5, I'd consider that above my expectations. 8/5 isn't bad production for Nunge at this point in his career. I don't think he'll ever be a 16/10 guy. I could be wrong. I've been wrong before. many times. Player evaluation is far from an exact science and I don't put a lot of time into it.
I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. I lot can change with a redshirt season. But what I remember most about Nunge was how ploddingly slow he was. That's the last thing this team needs.
I will withhold judgement until next season. Things change and players improve.

LOL. Nice spin. Fran can't recruit talent, or athletic players, and Fran can't coach, period. 9 years here, and what has he done? Nothing. Our athletic director is a moron.

Hey buster don’t be insulting morons!!! :D

Pretend I’m Sherman in practice telling Garza in practice he needs to slide his feet quicker to beat the opponent to a certain spot. The opponent in the next game easily beats Garza to that spot because of better athleticism. Does that make Sherman a bad coach because he actually coached up the player to make him better but the player didn’t have the athleticism to carry out the instructions? Or does this make it more of a recruiting issue?

Both. He’s a bad coach for poor recruiting. :eek:

This season is vintage Fran. Hopes get raised by getting some quality non conference wins, being ranked in the middle of the season, but then comes the grind of late season and Iowa goes .500 or worse down the stretch. Exit early in BTT, get an 8-10 seed in NCAA tourney with a bad match-up in the first round and if we manage to win we get a 2-seed in the second round and get slaughtered. Like clockwork. Is this better than the Lickliter years? Yes. Is it the best we can do? No. Is it enough to keep Fran employed? With his buyout...yes. If you are happy with status quo Fran is your guy.

I would have never said this years ago because of his antics (cyclone state) but I have to admire Jamie Pollard for doing what he's done at ISU. He had a vision for ISU sports when he got there and never accepted status quo. All the revenue sports have gotten better since he arrived. Barta? All we've gotten from him is diluted tailgating at football games, a $6 million discrimination lawsuit, mis-handled rhabdo controversy, botched recognition of Roy Marble right before he passed away, mis-handled incidents involving Gary Dolphin, continued neglect of the game-day experience at basketball games, secret under the table extension for a mediocre basketball coach...what else? But hey, it's Iowa so we should just be happy with what we have right? Barta thinks so. So does Fran.

Do you measure your kids performance against an F-student or an A-student? If it's the former you're a bad parent.
Do you measure your kids performance against an F-student or an A-student? If it's the former you're a bad parent.

The wife needs to be more selective with the mailmen and fedex drivers she associates with. :eek::D

I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. I lot can change with a redshirt season. But what I remember most about Nunge was how ploddingly slow he was. That's the last thing this team needs.
I will withhold judgement until next season. Things change and players improve.
I wouldn't say he's slow. If Cook is at one end and Garza is at the other, I'd put Nunge somewhere near the middle of these 2. In the foot work dept.

This season is vintage Fran. Hopes get raised by getting some quality non conference wins, being ranked in the middle of the season, but then comes the grind of late season and Iowa goes .500 or worse down the stretch. Exit early in BTT, get an 8-10 seed in NCAA tourney with a bad match-up in the first round and if we manage to win we get a 2-seed in the second round and get slaughtered. Like clockwork. Is this better than the Lickliter years? Yes. Is it the best we can do? No. Is it enough to keep Fran employed? With his buyout...yes. If you are happy with status quo Fran is your guy.

I would have never said this years ago because of his antics (cyclone state) but I have to admire Jamie Pollard for doing what he's done at ISU. He had a vision for ISU sports when he got there and never accepted status quo. All the revenue sports have gotten better since he arrived. Barta? All we've gotten from him is diluted tailgating at football games, a $6 million discrimination lawsuit, mis-handled rhabdo controversy, botched recognition of Roy Marble right before he passed away, mis-handled incidents involving Gary Dolphin, continued neglect of the game-day experience at basketball games, secret under the table extension for a mediocre basketball coach...what else? But hey, it's Iowa so we should just be happy with what we have right? Barta thinks so. So does Fran.
I'd pay for the truck that moved Barta out and moved Pollard in. That's how much better of an AD I think Pollard is. Gutless Gary is a shit show.

I'd pay for the truck that moved Barta out and moved Pollard in. That's how much better of an AD I think Pollard is. Gutless Gary is a shit show.

What’s with you guys on this forum??? First people insult “morons” and now your insulting “shit shows”. :D

Oh, I don't know, maybe because he's a motherfucking McCaffery?

DSOu.gif

Don’t hold back, tell us what you really think, lol.

If some of you think PM will be the savior next year. Lol. Wow. I have no words for you. You haven’t been paying attention. Same with the waffling pg from out east. The next AD is going to inherit an incredible bag of mess with the two unprecedented nepotism pots we’ve got boiling here. The only thing left is for KF to get really bold and start hiring female relation too. That’s about all that’s left. As intriguing as it is to know who the next two coaches will be, who the new AD is, will come long before as it’s clear Barta is on autopilot. Will the Bd of Regents demand a better product and accountability or will the “nice guy plus family” plan live on?

I am going to put my money on the brown horse named “nice guy plus family” who will win by a nose. (Lol, did you see what I did there?)

You forgot a big one. Nepotism run amok. A football coach who puts family ahead of results. Why else would he have stuck with GDavis for 5 years?? (Speaking of shit shows for crying out loud.) It wasn't in the plan yet for Jr to ascend. And Pops still had to rehire KOK who held the wrench to the TRAINING wheels. And don't kid yourself. Nepotism has not borne all of its fruit yet.

Never fear though. They all will report to their boss GarBar. ;)