Frans future

I'd love to know how much the school stands to make from being in the dance for even just the one game... Does it cover Frans cushy bonus and then some or would he need to win 2 games and get to the sweet 16 to do that?
It wouldn't be out of the question for us to lose money for a postseason appearance because of Barta's bonus happy checkbook.

It wouldn't be out of the question for us to lose money for a postseason appearance because of Barta's bonus happy checkbook.
Your guess is as good as mine. I just hate how we have such a low bar of expectations.. Shouldn't just making the dance be an expectation? Not something to be rewarded for? I could understand elite 8/final 4 appearences getting rewarded. But for Iowa to have such a low bar is embarrassing in and of itself to me

Your guess is as good as mine. I just hate how we have such a low bar of expectations.. Shouldn't just making the dance be an expectation? Not something to be rewarded for? I could understand elite 8/final 4 appearences getting rewarded. But for Iowa to have such a low bar is embarrassing in and of itself to me
Basketball is losing money. I think, IIRC, men's basketball grossed 4 mil in the last budget breakdown. 70% of that goes to cover the coaching salaries. The BTN money helps cover the costs of the program under Fran. Unless I misunderstood the numbers.

Very True. Bar sooo low. Wins not a BIG concern per BIG bosses,actions,ect. Still Go Hawks... 2 wins+ do-able.

Basketball is losing money. I think, IIRC, men's basketball grossed 4 mil in the last budget breakdown. 70% of that goes to cover the coaching salaries. The BTN money helps cover the costs of the program under Fran. Unless I misunderstood the numbers.
I wouldn't have thought that they lost $ But I'm sure the BTN $ is all added to that pot. I dunno if that's 2 pots for football and hoops or just one big one where the schools divvy it up from there is kinda how I thought it was done. I'm not sure where you saw the numbers your bringing up from but I would think mens hoops makes $ for the school. I'd be surprised if not

I wouldn't have thought that they lost $ But I'm sure the BTN $ is all added to that pot. I dunno if that's 2 pots for football and hoops or just one big one where the schools divvy it up from there is kinda how I thought it was done. I'm not sure where you saw the numbers your bringing up from but I would think mens hoops makes $ for the school. I'd be surprised if not
Again Heard on Podcast... Ranked 18th in $$$$ gold brought in.

I don't need to show you jack shit

So you get snippy with me when I point out your logic errors? I agree with you that Barta needs to go. But you need to state that before you start talking about hiring a new coach, otherwise you are stating that Barta will be the one hiring the new coach.

I saw the U of I athletic dept PDF file on revenue/expenses. I just looked it up. in 2017, Men's Basketball gross revenue was 3.7 million. Fran's salary for 2017 was 1.76 million. Add his assistant coaches salaries and that's 2+ million. 50K per player in education/expenses/training. Cost of facilities. Travel. They might make some money when it's all said and done but I doubt it. 3000 to 4000 empty seats on most nights. That's a lot of lost money.

Ok my error.Guess need to see details,like finanical report.Its the overall picture of Iowa Sports .BB major part.Now Next game pleese.Us Fans like wins no? Go Hawks...
Basketball had a gross revenue of 3.7 million in 2017. Total Athletic Dept revenue was 118 million. Not a major part.

So you get snippy with me when I point out your logic errors? I agree with you that Barta needs to go. But you need to state that before you start talking about hiring a new coach, otherwise you are stating that Barta will be the one hiring the new coach.

I stated no such thing. You jumped to that conclusion, thereby commiting a cardinal error in formal logic.

Very True. Bar sooo low. Wins not a BIG concern per BIG bosses,actions,ect. Still Go Hawks... 2 wins+ do-able.
For.the Furnac, re-up!! Trees over rolled to went is the STATURE!!top Picks for good to the the WHOLE tIME?????? Milk I see forbelteds ending nowSOON!! can BREAK now Soon! but need early to go for Cars ways of making??>?

For.the Furnac, re-up!! Trees over rolled to went is the STATURE!!top Picks for good to the the WHOLE tIME?????? Milk I see forbelteds ending nowSOON!! can BREAK now Soon! but need early to go for Cars ways of making??>?
Win next game do-able! COLD beer waay nice. Bf next h/c ? Ice cubes in beer.Ugh ...Hawk Players Tough..