Fran deserves some heat from this game

That's not going to help us on the road vs BIG teams. You keep entertaining yourself. 10-6 is where this team is headed.

Welp since Iowa plays 18 conference games, I'm guessing they won't go 10-6. Here is my prediction though, the 6 losses I agree with.

So not that the non conference is basically over, and Iowa has 2 losses (which is exactly what I figured they'd lose), here are my updated BIG predictions. I'm not going to game by game them, but rather put them in categories:

Homes games: I think Iowa will lose 1 home game this year.

Easier Road games: Minny, Illinois, jNW, Penn St. I have them 3-1 on the road against easier competition.
Tough Road games: IU, Michigan, Mich. St., Wisconsin, Ohio St. I see them struggling on the road VS top competition, going 1-4

So overall I have them at 12-6 in the BIG. That would be 23-8 and probably be good for a #4-#6 seed depending on how they do in the BIG tournament.

What say you, am I crazy?

I promise this won't be a one time let down. Every team in the nation has more than a handful of let down games over the course of a season. The trick is to win as many letdown games as you can. So far so good on that front.

eh it was poorly played but id rather we play well against wisconson

It is like everyone freaks out if we don't play our best game every game. This is BB, and many times you play less than your best. It's gonna happen, and since it is gonna happen it is better against a team you can still beat while playing poorly.

Nobody is freaking out about anything! People point out flaws they see and you clowns jump down their throats, causing people to get defensive. That escalates the arguing.
Next time someone posts something regarding a flaw or lack of effort. ......let it go and ignore it. Nobody is forcing you to respond and escalate the situation.

There's nothing wrong with pointing out flaws. There's something wrong with being wrong when pointing out flaws.

I often wonder why toward the end of the games when we are leading and should put away a team away our starting center is sitting on the bench? Yes I know his free throw shooting isn't the best but by what I've seen out of our stall offense and free throw shooting of others on the team I don't see what it hurts playing him. The offense seems to me to run better when he is on the floor, and he can see and distribute the ball through the defense. Isolating Marble usually ends up in a missed shot, 1 of 2 free throws made, or a turnover.

These are the same issues that continue repeating.

If it were me, I would consider skipping the end of game strategy change.

There's nothing wrong with pointing out flaws. There's something wrong with being wrong when pointing out flaws.

The team can't close out games against top 25 opponents. Tell me I'm wrong.
I've made several offers for you to put up or shut up but your too scared. I don't blame you.
Any time you want to bet, big mouth, just say so. Other wise, shut up. You don't have the balls to put your money where your mouth is. Do you?

Last edited:
You still won't even come out and predict a win/loss record? Wow. You need to see the Wizard of Oz. You don't have any heart, courage or brains.

So, bad free-throw shooting that plagues this team is not a flaw?
So, Iowa not closing out games is not a flaw for this team?
So, help and recover defense is not a flaw in the half court for this team?
In general, 3 point shooting is not a flaw for this team?

Ok.

The team can't close out games against top 25 opponents. Tell me I'm wrong.
I've made several offers for you to put up or shut up but your too scared. I don't blame you.
Any time you want to bet, big mouth, just say so. Other wise, shut up. You don't have the balls to put your money where your mouth is. Do you?

I'll take your bet. You set the over/under at 10 wins, and I'll take the over. So 11 or more I win, 9 or less you win and 10 is a push. Hawks win 11 or more, and you don't post in the BB forums from the day they get their 11th conference win, until the end of the NCAA tournament. If the Hawks only get to 9 wins or less, I will do the same (not post in the BB forum until the end of the NCAA tournament).

Just let me know if you will walk the walk, or if you are just a big mouth

I'll take your bet. You set the over/under at 10 wins, and I'll take the over. So 11 or more I win, 9 or less you win and 10 is a push. Hawks win 11 or more, and you don't post in the BB forums from the day they get their 11th conference win, until the end of the NCAA tournament. If the Hawks only get to 9 wins or less, I will do the same (not post in the BB forum until the end of the NCAA tournament).

Just let me know if you will walk the walk, or if you are just a big mouth
That's not the bet. You pick an amount of wins and I will pick an amount of wins. Pick an actual NUMBER. Put up or shut up. This wasn't intended for you but since you spoke up, you aren't setting the rules. Pick a number or mind your business.

So, bad free-throw shooting that plagues this team is not a flaw?
So, Iowa not closing out games is not a flaw for this team?
So, help and recover defense is not a flaw in the half court for this team?
In general, 3 point shooting is not a flaw for this team?

Ok.

Quick guards as well thus creating the need to play the majority of defense in zone causing issues with allowing offensive rebounds is another problem.

This lightning dude totally has to be an old gym teacher who wears shorts so short that your constantly fearful of a view of testicle. It would explain somethings.

Latest posts