Fran deserves some heat from this game

I mean, you're right. We have come a long way from Lickliter. But why are you kidding yourself? They played and looked terrible. If that's the 22nd best team in the country, American college basketball isn't very good

That's the thing, on most nights we definitely are a top-25 team, if not better. It's just that the past few games have seen us not look like it towards the last few minutes of the game. That doesn't necessarily mean that we're not going to be able to close out any remaining games. Hopefully we beat Wisconsin by a good margin, so people aren't all panicked that we'll do terrible in the B10.

Teams are going to have off nights, that's college basketball. Some teams go through rough patches like we are right now. But the fact of the matter is that we played a really sloppy game and had an off-night, but were still able to win. In the past few seasons, we would've lost the Nebraska game.

I havent read the whole thread so I dont know what has been disccused. But I too was frustrated watching the game. However after thinking about it I was sorta glad to our Defense step up and win a game for us. We wont be able to outscore everyone everynite in the Big Ten
He just let his team sleep walk through this game. Maybe he needs to stop reading his headlines.

Very disappointed with the lazy effort in this game - starts with HC

P.S. We aren’t a normal offense that is efficient in the half court.

I can't say that I disagree with this. However, I think we should work the clock at the end of games. But...if there is an open lane to the basket with 20 seconds on the shot clock we should drive IMO. I suspect this is what Fran wants but most of the guys don't completely get it. White tried to a couple of times and is getting closer. Marble gets it. Uthoff looked to be doing some of this late. I do think it makes sense to isolate 1 of these 3 late in close games rather than try to run the normal in game offense.

He just let his team sleep walk through this game. Maybe he needs to stop reading his headlines.

Very disappointed with the lazy effort in this game - starts with HC
One more rebuttal to the idiotic lazy effort comment:

- Iowa held Nebby to their lowest point total for the year
- Despite the lousy percentage, Iowa still made more FTs than Nebby attempted. Iowa was more aggressive in getting to the hoop.
- Iowa held Nebby to 30% shooting
- Iowa had 8 blocked shots
- In the last game against Nebby, Gallegos hit 7 three pointers. In this game, he couldn't even get a shot off. I'm guessing this was a point of emphasis for Fran.

You do not get these kind of results with lazy effort.

At the end of games when we're up 5-10 pts you cannot run a normal offense and put up a shot in 14 seconds. You are just giving the opponent more opportunities to score. I agree that the way we are doing it (Marble isolation) is probably not the best but we have the right idea. Fran is trying to burn some clock, and get to the line. The execution just hasn't been great.

This is much easier said than done, but I think instead of running the isolation clear out, we should start running the offense with about 15 seconds left on the shot clock and try getting to the hoop for an easy shot or get fouled. But that's not easy, especially when not many of our guys can take quick guards off the bounce.

This team lacks a difference maker. Plain and simple. Some one who can create their own shot in the half court. Better address that in recruiting real quick. This team still hasn't proven they are worthy of an NCAA bid yet. They haven't beaten a team with a pulse yet and have lost to the 2 teams who did. This team is the worst at closing out games and making free throws.

Yeah, the only guys I have seen create their own shot in the half court with some consistency are Marble, White, Gesell, Uthoff, Mac, and maybe a couple of others...maybe you are confused because we have more than one "go to" guy? Maybe it would be better to rely on one big time player like, say, Penn State does? No, we have not proven that we are NCAA worthy at this point: And, neither has Michigan State, yet. Hang around and see what happens...could be interesting.

That is the bet I'm offering. You said Iowa would win 10 conference games. Either put up or shut up dude. You set the line right there, and I'm taking the over. If you don't take the bet, then we all know for sure that you don't even believe the crap that you post around here.
Youre not holding me to my EXACT prediction when you are too scared to offer up one of your own. Just because youre dumb enough to offer it doesn't mean I'm dumb enough to take it.
I wouldnt even entertain a bet with someone thats too scared to stick their own neck out.
So make your pick and we have a starting point, or forget it. If you're scared, i understand.

Youre not holding me to my EXACT prediction when you are too scared to offer up one of your own. Just because youre dumb enough to offer it doesn't mean I'm dumb enough to take it.
I wouldnt even entertain a bet with someone thats too scared to stick their own neck out.
So make your pick and we have a starting point, or forget it. If you're scared, i understand.

So long story short, you don't have the balls to take the bet that Dean laid out for you. Got it.

Just when I thought you couldn't get any dumber... have you never heard of over/under betting? Get a ******* clue man.

Jeebus, PLEASE ban this clown already, Jon. Please!

Just when I thought you couldn't get any dumber... have you never heard of over/under betting? Get a ******* clue man.

Also a funny is dean posted his big ten predictions and final record predictions but carry on lightning

I have. I'll set the over/under at 15 and give you the over. Now take the bet. Not gonna take it? I wonder why? You obviously have no balls.

I have. I'll set the over/under at 15 and give you the over. Now take the bet. Not gonna take it? I wonder why? You obviously have no balls.

He gave you the line at 10 wins, which is exactly what you posted. Where do you get 15? You are the clown who won't take the bet. Make it 10.5 and that is literally exactly the original bet you proposed. I'm amazed you are dumb enough not to have thought of this 30 posts ago.

Better yet, keep posting and get banned

He gave you the line at 10 wins, which is exactly what you posted. Where do you get 15? You are the clown who won't take the bet. Make it 10.5 and that is literally exactly the original bet you proposed. I'm amazed you are dumb enough not to have thought of this 30 posts ago.

Better yet, keep posting and get banned

No kidding, he set the line with his prediction. I mean why else was he badgering others to make their predictions, if not so use them as the line that he then got to choose the over/under from? I just beat him at his own stupid game is all....and now he is ticked off about it, acting like I made up some ridiculous line for him.

That's not going to help us on the road vs BIG teams. You keep entertaining yourself. 10-6 is where this team is headed.

I counted the wins, so 10 is where I think we will end up with.

I mean, you're right. We have come a long way from Lickliter. But why are you kidding yourself? They played and looked terrible. If that's the 22nd best team in the country, American college basketball isn't very good

I would guess that most top 25 teams have had worse showings than the one we had against Nebraska. I would also guess that not many teams have looked as good as we have at times.

Latest posts