Fran deserves some heat from this game

How the **** did "You say stupid things about college basketball" turn into "post a prediction record or I'll show you my old balls" or something?

How the **** did "You say stupid things about college basketball" turn into "post a prediction record or I'll show you my old balls" or something?
bcl20
user-online.png

HN LegendJoin DateOct 2009Posts7,089

[h=2]Re: Fran deserves some heat from this game[/h]
Ewww...creepy​

If we shoot a normal free throw percentage the other night, this game is in the ice box at 10 minutes remaining as that 20 lead is 28. It wasn't about effort as someone suggested...we played great defense and held them to 29.5% shooting. Guys got a bit tired at the end, but it's a process people...and this is how teams get better. Last night had some pressure on the game...and our guys reacted to it. Believe it or not, positive reinforcement will come from last night...and the more they are in the pressure cooker, hopefully the better they respond. Let's give it 9 B10 games and see how we look...I think you will have an answer by then how well this team will do in the tournament.

I was glad to see them turn up the defensive intensity last night...Nebraska made some contested shots too.

That's not the bet. You pick an amount of wins and I will pick an amount of wins. Pick an actual NUMBER. Put up or shut up. This wasn't intended for you but since you spoke up, you aren't setting the rules. Pick a number or mind your business.

That is the bet I'm offering. You said Iowa would win 10 conference games. Either put up or shut up dude. You set the line right there, and I'm taking the over. If you don't take the bet, then we all know for sure that you don't even believe the crap that you post around here.

That's not the bet. You pick an amount of wins and I will pick an amount of wins. Pick an actual NUMBER. Put up or shut up. This wasn't intended for you but since you spoke up, you aren't setting the rules. Pick a number or mind your business.

My gawd, how ******* old are you? 12? Great comebacks you have. Pure genius.

Ok I couldn’t read past page 3 because of the number of dumb posts, but the last 5ish min of this game were seriously concerning to me. This team has struggled to put away teams, and what did we see? A blown 20 point lead in a matter of 3 minutes. Substitutions made no sense and we continue to try to chew clock and attempt dribble-drives with Marble (which has never worked in late game situations). I’d like to see us continue to attack the rim early in shot clocks, or at the very least get the ball to the hot hand.

I’m gonna go ahead and say it since no one else will. Uthoff should be getting the ball on clearouts in late game situations.

I don't usually post after a loss (which is what this kinda feels like), but I gotta say that I am SICK of seeing Fran try to chew the last 3+ minutes off the clock with a slight lead.

He's clearly not good at teaching his players how to be effective in doing that, and it nearly costs us every game that he's done that. When your foot is on the throat you gotta step through. I seriously get ill whenever I see him pull that garbage.

How did it cost us? We won.

I am pretty tired of listening to people complain about holding the ball longer with under 3 to play and a 5-10 pt lead. Why in the hell would we want to put up a quick shot (say in 14 sec. which is our avg.) and give the opposing team more possessions?? Good God, watch any BB game, I don't know of a team that continues to run their normal offense under 2 or 3 min. with a 5-10 pt lead.

I am pretty tired of listening to people complain about holding the ball longer with under 3 to play and a 5-10 pt lead. Why in the hell would we want to put up a quick shot (say in 14 sec. which is our avg.) and give the opposing team more possessions?? Good God, watch any BB game, I don't know of a team that continues to run their normal offense under 2 or 3 min. with a 5-10 pt lead.

I agree completely. Also, we did not blow a 20 point lead. If we had blown a 20 point lead the score would have been tied. The score was never tied thus the lead was not blown...just reduced.

That is the bet I'm offering. You said Iowa would win 10 conference games. Either put up or shut up dude. You set the line right there, and I'm taking the over. If you don't take the bet, then we all know for sure that you don't even believe the crap that you post around here.

Whar lightning1?? You told all of us that Iowa was gonna win 10 conference games, and you called everyone out who disagreed. Well I'm answering your call, on your line. Put up or shut up dude. Where I come from they got a name for people like you.....the ones that talk crap all day long til the rubber hits the road and it's go time, then they shut up, or run away, or both.

Jon has been busy with football stuff of late. His attention and primary focus will undoubtedly be the basketball forum moving forward. With that thought in mind I suggest you take note of the Posting Rules. The one below in particular. I suspect you are putting yourself at risk based on Jon's approach to this rule as the basketball season progressed last year. I'm just trying to be helpful.

4) Repetitive negative posting by the same user may result in that user being banned. This isn't to say criticism isn't allowed, but broken records are discouraged. We got the point the first time.

Our approach in the last few min with the lead is obviously not working. Why? We completely get out of flow and let the other team dictate the pace of the game resulting in scoring droughts. We shouldn’t change our identity with 3 min to play when we need to answer a 20-5 run. Example: ISU game. We answer them all game long by taking it right at them, have them on their heels with 2 min and we shut our offense down and hope they don’t make a run.

P.S. We aren’t a normal offense that is efficient in the half court.

I love that lightning1 got so mad that bcl wouldnt take a bet that he made a sig about it. You whine more than a 2 year old. Who is dumb enough to make a bet with some random dude on a message board that he only knows as a screenname? Can I get odds on the chance that you would ever pay the bet?

Jon has been busy with football stuff of late. His attention and primary focus will undoubtedly be the basketball forum moving forward. With that thought in mind I suggest you take note of the Posting Rules. The one below in particular. I suspect you are putting yourself at risk based on Jon's approach to this rule as the basketball season progressed last year. I'm just trying to be helpful.

4) Repetitive negative posting by the same user may result in that user being banned. This isn't to say criticism isn't allowed, but broken records are discouraged. We got the point the first time.

Let him get banned. I long for the day that his moronic posting is no longer littered all over the basketball board. Pipe dream though probably.

the guy who knows nothing about how betting works is setting the terms.... makes sense

Oh how far Iowa bball has come the last few years. We win by double digits and we get a post like this.

I mean, you're right. We have come a long way from Lickliter. But why are you kidding yourself? They played and looked terrible. If that's the 22nd best team in the country, American college basketball isn't very good

Our approach in the last few min with the lead is obviously not working. Why? We completely get out of flow and let the other team dictate the pace of the game resulting in scoring droughts. We shouldn’t change our identity with 3 min to play when we need to answer a 20-5 run. Example: ISU game. We answer them all game long by taking it right at them, have them on their heels with 2 min and we shut our offense down and hope they don’t make a run.

P.S. We aren’t a normal offense that is efficient in the half court.

Typically, not as of late though, we are a good FT shooting team. I understand that we haven't been the best at closing out games lately, but that doesn't mean that you don't try to milk the clock away towards the end of the game. I feel like everyone should just take a step back and see how the next game goes. Also, it wasn't so much not being able to close out games last season, but more of the other team getting slopping, like banking in a 3-pointer at the end of the game, or nailing a prayer.

Latest posts