Fran deserves some heat from this game

Bad looking win but not worried. Iowa is clearly not peaking yet. That's ok. Rather have them peak down the stretch anyway.

Let me know how Fran 'let his team' sleepwalk. This looked like a team who had played just one game in the last 18 days to me.

No, he doesn't. Folks, every conf game will be tough. FTs are an issue and need to improve, but come on with posts like this. Geesh.

Fran cant shoot FTs for them, and dont give some crap **** about being rusty, how can you be rusty shooting FTs , you either can or you cant

And right now a lot of these players have terrible form at the line, launching line drives, no arch, not taking their time.

But I don think fran needs to keep a leader on the floor when he subs in some guys because the 2nd team is losing some leads

Fran better go run shoot free throws... run shoot free throws... run shoot free throws.

I've been waiting for somebody to say that Fran needs to make everybody shoot 500 free throws.

We can all agree that we need to shoot much better from the line. That said, we shot well to start the year. It's not about lack of shooting free throws or needing more practice. It's all between the ears. Take it game by game.

We'll lose against some better teams if we don't make them. Plain and simple. Let's see what happens. Easy to say now that we pulled it out tonight

This is a ridiculous thread title. We played poorly and won. This nebby team took a ranked UMass team to OT at UMass. We missed a ton of fts and had a lot of unforced turnovers and still won by 10. I just hope the rust is gone by Sunday or it could get ugly. We really haven't played a real game since Iowa state. Wisconsin has northwestern on Thursday so we have 2 more days to prep for them. Taking down #4 team in the country on the road is a huge opportunity and Fran will have them ready!

I've been waiting for somebody to say that Fran needs to make everybody shoot 500 free throws.

We can all agree that we need to shoot much better from the line. That said, we shot well to start the year. It's not about lack of shooting free throws or needing more practice. It's all between the ears. Take it game by game.

We'll lose against some better teams if we don't make them. Plain and simple. Let's see what happens. Easy to say now that we pulled it out tonight

By the way, lol with your post. Well done

No, he doesn't. Folks, every conf game will be tough. FTs are an issue and need to improve, but come on with posts like this. Geesh.

It looks like almost every game Will be tough from watching the games today.....

Fran will have the Lads up to the task. We won today didn't we.....

Time to dry the tears, enjoy the victory and celebrate New Year's Eve before the win over LSU tomorrow.....

:cool:

There are 30+ games. Calling anyone out after one (especially one we won) is really ******* stupid.

Another less than intelligent post by bcl. Here's a tip for you. If you can't post without cursing, you have nothing to say worth reading. Genius.

Last edited:
Let me know how Fran 'let his team' sleepwalk. This looked like a team who had played just one game in the last 18 days to me.

The We're back thing has been played out but nothing truly says we're back like people crying and calling out the coach because our first big ten win after a long layoff wasn't big enough for their liking.

Didn't every league team who played tonight have a long layoff, finals, etc etc etc??
Can't really use that as an excuse.

Lets be intellectually honest here. It wasn't the win/loss or how many points we won by. Marble let a guy blow right by him in transition for an easy lay up.
The effort was lacking. End of story. And no amount of time between games effects the amount of EFFORT involved,
A lot of people have different opinions on what is good basketball. If anyone here can honestly say that they saw maximum effort tonite, I'd. Like them to step forward and defend their opinion.
P.S. I don't really want to hear your excuses but others might.

The free throws are ridiculous. They're going to shoot a ton of free throws with the way they play. They have GOT to start knocking them down.

Latest posts