Fleming's a Hawkeye!

I'm still trying to figure out how our early verbals will be a risk once they witness a likely 19-14 season...........the early signing period is November 2014.

You do realize that by November 2014 Iowa will not have gone 19-14 in the 2014-15 season, right?

You do realize that by November 2014 Iowa will not have gone 19-14 in the 2014-15 season, right?

That's my point............that's why I stated I'm still trying to figure out why the current verbals will be at risk (tongue in cheek humor). I was responding to an earlier posting saying that Fran will have a hard time holding on to verbals during the likely 19-14 outcome.

Maybe the humor was too dry?

That's my point............that's why I stated I'm still trying to figure out why the current verbals will be at risk (tongue in cheek humor). I was responding to an earlier posting saying that Fran will have a hard time holding on to verbals during the likely 19-14 outcome.

No, but there had been several posts between anyone questioning the verbals and your comment so I did not connect the two.

Also, the concern was for after Iowa went 19-15, not 19-14.

edit: doesn't look like my wink came through for the last sentence. I have never tried to insert one before, guess it is harder than it looks.
edit again: Looking it over I realize I just didn't read you first post right at all. Epic fail on my part.

Its rare when any coach in the conference gets a recruit where the other coaches will tremble in fear. There have been a lot of good players in the conference, but not that good. Fleming is a good player.

Its rare when any coach in the conference gets a recruit where the other coaches will tremble in fear. There have been a lot of good players in the conference, but not that good. Fleming is a good player.

Fair point. Crean's not shaking when Izzo brings in Gary Harris, because he's got guys like Zeller and Oladipo. This is the nation's premier basketball conference for a reason.

Shouldn't be that difficult to understand your point, Ohhawk.....

Rather obvious, in fact....

:rolleyes:

Thanks for the excellent article, Dean, Andrew sounds very articulate and intelligent. I imagine Marge gave Fran another wink after Andrew's decision.....

Love his attitude. He wants to help us get to the top tier in the Big and beyond, and I really like the way the team is shaping up. I can feel the tremors of fear from the Big coaches, one can smell the fear....

I really liked this from Andrew.....

"I'm really not completely sure how it's happened but of the players rated from 1-200 (in the '15 class), I probably know 80-85 percent of those kids. If you look in my phone, you can see all of these (numbers from) big names I have stored in there. I'm friends with them. They have Iowa on their list but wouldn't make that jump to go out and see it because they don't know much about it, kind of the like the way it was for me for a long time. I think most players want to go somewhere where there's great support from the coaches and fans and that's what you get at Iowa. We just have to get the word out," Fleming said.

:cool:

Just thought I would clear the air about this sentence:

I can feel the tremors of fear from the Big coaches, one can smell the fear....

This is a obvious failed attempt at humor. It appears to be a difficult concept to understand. B******* and Trolling seem to be the order of the day, but I find it difficult to resort to those tactics.

:rolleyes:

163563561.gif

I have to wonder if Andrew was stunned that he would actually be in the majority on the Iowa roster in terms of race....that has to be a shock. When he sees that Iowa will be the only BCS league school to field an all-white starting lineup, he had to think this is the place for him....pretty rare in Div 1.

Ruh roh

Reading this thread (specifically the last 2-3 pages of this thread) made me realize why I don't post as often on this message board as I used to. Once again, the main topic getting lost in translation and people taking jabs at each other, etc. Seriously, save the immature comments to yourself and just talk about the topic at hand ...

Speaking of ... watched a lot clips on Flemming and think this is a great get for Fran ... I like the fact how he said he really studied Iowa ... he at least sounds like a kid pretty firm in his decision ...

Latest posts