Fleming's a Hawkeye!

I hate to be picky but the one true dancing bear was a good friend of Captain Kangaroo.

But why was his face smashed in? Always disturbed me as a kid.

Captain_Kangaroo_promotional_postcard_1961.JPG

SIAP

https://iowa.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1647265

"I went into the camp hoping to make the all-star game. Once I started playing well during the camp, I realized I could make the all-star game. Then on Sunday morning I had a 31 point game and I figured that sealed the deal for making the all-star game for the top 30 players in the camp because that game put me in the top 10 scorers in the camp. Overall I was happy to be in the all-star game."

I'm slowly starting to get really impressed with his highlight films. He just seems under control at all times. He seems deceptively athletic and I like his passing skills. But having said that, if he tries one of those between the legs pass and it causes a turnover, Fran will be on his case.

Just like he was when he yanked JO from the game his first year when he threw a behind the back pass right in Zach's hands under the basket, Zach wasn't expecting it and bobbled it. It was a perfect pass, but Fran had no time for it....

I think Fleming is going to be a star for certain, with the other players coming in with him, we are going to be alright for a while. I love the work Fran is doing with recruiting.....

Andrew is going to fit in like a glove.....

:rolleyes:

I thought we were now required to refer to Zach as SAFO from now on? Anyways, that incident just proved that SAFO should have been playing football.
Just like he was when he yanked JO from the game his first year when he threw a behind the back pass right in Zach's hands under the basket, Zach wasn't expecting it and bobbled it. It was a perfect pass, but Fran had no time for it....

I think Fleming is going to be a star for certain, with the other players coming in with him, we are going to be alright for a while. I love the work Fran is doing with recruiting.....

I'm slowly starting to get really impressed with his highlight films. He just seems under control at all times. He seems deceptively athletic and I like his passing skills. But having said that, if he tries one of those between the legs pass and it causes a turnover, Fran will be on his case.

There's a reason Florida and OSU offered this kid. They don't just throw scholarship offers out to anyone.

I've been impressed with what I've seen as well. He also has a decent frame to him. Not a real skinny kid who needs to spend the first two years getting stronger. He's confident with his shot and runs the floor very well and can finish at the rim. Also, from some of his tweets following the Pangos camp he seems to have a chip on his shoulder which I like. Reminds me of White's attitude coming into college. Can't wait to prove doubters wrong.

Clearly Fleming is aware of the doubters like Rivals Eric Bossi, who have questioned if he is above a mid-major recruit, so he is motivated....good.

I like his frame also, but will not buy the ''surefire star'' hype. I see him as an ensemble piece of a deep rotation of solid but non-star quality players.....like this years team.

I think Fran realizes that landing true top 100 or 150 out of state recruits will remain very difficult so he is loading up with solid players outside the top 150. More than one way to win, and this might have to be the Fran way until we get on top recruits radar someday.

Fleming is no star recruit, but can be a good contributor, which is important. Fran always has a plan B as he has learned that the Plan A recruits often pass on Iowa.

Fleming has his official visit set for the weekend of homecoming against Indiana, October 10-12. That just happens to be the same weekend his friend since 7th grade is taking his official visit to Iowa.

That would be Semir Sehic.

Yes, please.

I would love to see Iowa with three good shooters on the floor at once...its been a while since they could consistently do that.

Its pretty amazing reading some of these guys that claim to be fans that just downgrade all of Iowa recruits. I agree that Fleming is going to be a star.

Last edited:
I have seen improvement from tape to tape, this was by far the most impressive he has looked.

I have seen improvement from tape to tape, this was by far the most impressive he has looked.
I agree that this is a good looking video of Andrew. He has grown to 6'6'' and is playing pretty big these days. I still think it does boil down to his shooting from the arc, tho. That was questioned by some analysts in the past, and we can only hope he shoots it well...because, he is a shooting guard, afterall. But, his other skills seem to be on the rise, which is great. Still....a star? That is a reach for a kid who cannot seem to dent the top 150 lists....lets just hope for a quality contributor....that would be good.

OSU never did offer, altho he almost visited. Florida offered very early, but not sure if that held....his family is gators, I believe. But, he had some other good offers like Memphis, Auburn...if the profiles are accurate.

OSU never did offer, altho he almost visited. Florida offered very early, but not sure if that held....his family is gators, I believe. But, he had some other good offers like Memphis, Auburn...if the profiles are accurate.

Add UNLV to that also. He is going to be a stud and he is going to get Sehic to be a Hawk. Hopefully we could snag Guy too.

Latest posts