Fleming's a Hawkeye!

I agree that this is a good looking video of Andrew. He has grown to 6'6'' and is playing pretty big these days. I still think it does boil down to his shooting from the arc, tho. That was questioned by some analysts in the past, and we can only hope he shoots it well...because, he is a shooting guard, afterall. But, his other skills seem to be on the rise, which is great. Still....a star? That is a reach for a kid who cannot seem to dent the top 150 lists....lets just hope for a quality contributor....that would be good.

He does have a good looking stroke, so I'm sure that it will continue to improve. The nice thing to see was him aggressively taking it to the rim, and finishing. He is 6'6, has a 36" vertical, and looks to have D1 strength, and is just starting his Sr. year. Those are all very big pluses.

Where is as compared to Marble when he came in? Or Jake Kelly, Gatens, JO or Jok. He's got a way more athletic body to work with then any of them did coming in. Gatens had more muscle then any of them but he wasn't that athletic a leaper as Fleming is. Along with pretty good ball skills and some court vision. He doesn't seem to be a ball hog although he has some hot dog in him. That can be tempered. I'm way fired up for him to come in he'll contribute day one if not start depending on if Jok can play D and keep his nose clean. I think the future is as bright as the present.

I liked what I see out of video. He's not a real freak athlete by any means but he doesn't have to be. He obviously can shoot and he had some nice finishes around the rim.

He could be a really good player offensively with that frame and jumping ability, especially if he can shoot it. It's hard to get a read on his foot speed/agility from that video, any idea on how he rates defensively?

OSU never did offer, altho he almost visited. Florida offered very early, but not sure if that held....his family is gators, I believe. But, he had some other good offers like Memphis, Auburn...if the profiles are accurate.

When teams pursue high school juniors they go on how they project them. I'm sure Fleming would of gotten a lot more interest if the college programs knew he was going to grow at least a couple of inches more before he got to college. I don't know if OSU ever offered or not, but some say they did and some say they didn't. Its pretty obvious they were interested.

Its pretty amazing reading some of these guys that claim to be fans that just downgrade all of Iowa recruits. I agree that Fleming is going to be a star.

Andrew is the Goods and we are extremely fortunate to have him on the team as a player and a diplomat. As Jon says, it will be very nice to have three sharpshooters on the team, Peter Jok, Brady Ellingson and Andrew Fleming.....

No hesitation on Andrew's part, he knows what to do with the ball and is a serious threat for the opponents.....

I can sense the chills creeping up Beilein, Bo, Matta, and Izzo's spines.....

:rolleyes:

I am excited to see how he does for Oak Hill this season.

I agree. It will be very interesting to see how that works out for him. Oak Hill is always loaded and he will have to be good just to get on the floor. If he wins a starting position and is a scorer for them....that is a good sign.

Latest posts