Eno just De-Committed per twitter

Because getting rid of Ferentz or the staff would create unknown future. At least we can almost safely predict 7 wins..
We can't "safely predict 7 wins" this season with the number of returning starters from a 12-2 team.
We are now Indiana football, with a less exciting product on the field.

Because getting rid of Ferentz or the staff would create unknown future. At least we can almost safely predict 7 wins.

Okay this helps. A vocal portion of the fanbase considers Iowa a 7 win program. Basically the equivalent of the Cyclones under Danny Mac. It's that thing where your close friend marries an ugly shrew and the reason he did it was because he assumed he wasn't worth more than an ugly shrew.

Because the head coach has a much bigger role than the assistents, simple as that. You can't afford to have a bad hire as a head coach. It is easier to rebound from 3 or 4 years of a bad coordinator, than it is to rebound from 3 or 4 years from a bad head coach.

But what if you already have a bad head-coach? You could argue that Norm (and possibly even KOK?? OMG!) deserves the majority credit for the first 13 years. Maybe instead of a good coach with bad assistants we've had a bad head coach with above avg assistants all this time??????????????????

Norm------>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AFCA_Coach_of_the_Year#Assistant_Coach_of_the_Year_Award

giphy.gif

I agree. I understand having rules, but the no visit is somewhat ridiculous. In the world that we live in, kids are going to take their visits. They want to go out and see there options. At Iowa, we can't afford to pull a guy's scholarship just because he took another visit, or free vacation. We simply don't have the talent to do that.

Totally agree with this. Big time recruits are taking visits all the time, committed or not. You bet your ass that if Eno was committed elsewhere, Iowa would have him in Iowa City in a moments notice.

It's like a parent telling their kid not to smoke as they take another drag.

I think there is much more to this story . Less than a week ago he assured us he was solid and committed to Iowa.

Melvin Gordon Act II?

The fit must have really hit the shan considering how passionate he was about his commitment to Iowa. I have a really bad feeling about how this will impact the decision of other recruits. The sky is falling, and we all have a first row seat. Grab some popcorn because this is going to get interesting.

I was leaning toward not renewing season tickets going into 2015, gave Kirk another shot. If he pulled Eno's scholly or initiated this breakup, I may be done now.

The guy is so stubborn and narrow-minded it's ridiculous. And he's been enabled by an idiot AD.

I think there is much more to this story . Less than a week ago he assured us he was solid and committed to Iowa.

I think Eno may want to take additional visits and he knows anymore visits = Iowa pulls offer. He decided he wanted to take another visit. Boom, ferentz gets played.

Ferentz wanted to send a message that it's his way or the highway.

He is an absolute hypocrite. If he thinks a player should stay true to his commitment and not take visits then he shouldn't allow committed players to visit Iowa.

I have a message for you Kirk. Good Bye

That's why they call it a commitment. No reason to 'commit' if you're not.

Just curious. Has Iowa always honored the commitments of recruits to other schools and never once had any influence, whether overt or covert, in a recruit de-committing to come to Iowa?

And that is the wheels coming off the bus you hear. It really blows my mind that KF and his staff would have the audacity to think that they could afford to put this kid in a position to want to decommit like this. This is the staff not understanding that not all recruits are created equal and acting accordingly. Does KF think 4 star stud RBs grow on trees? Because I don’t see any other ESPN top 300 players banging down our door. This one will hurt (Unless that Toks kid can turn into something special and stay healthy) not only on the field but with some of the other recruits he’s all but done the recruiting for Iowa with. I can see 3 or 4 of them jumping ship pretty easy. If this kid ends up at Michigan and tears it up against us the next 3 or 4 yrs KF only has to look in the mirror to find blame. He better hope he picks ASU and is never really heard from up in these parts again. I mean the wheels have all but flown off on this season so now the staff wants to compound that by allowing the recruiting class to get blown up along with it? I honestly don’t think if Iowa has a rough ending to this season Eno would have jumped. I think it’s pretty obvious this was about Eno playing chicken and breaking their stupid rule about visiting other schools. I don’t think he got done with that visit last wkend at ASU and decided to go there instead. It was our coaches jumping down his throat making him want to jump. And that’s just pathetic