Eno just De-Committed per twitter

Iowa doesn't pull the offer if they think Eno is actually going to come to Iowa City.

This has been in the works for weeks guys. Same for Calloway, neither one are coming.

We aren't exactly lighting it up on the recruiting trail after a 12-0 season. It seems like Eno would have been coming to Iowa but probably not Calloway. It's a terrible policy and it's a deterrent for high profile recruits to even give their verbals to Iowa. It should be a request not a rule. We should reserve the right to pursue other players and make these decisions on a case by case basis.

Last edited:
If this is based on what was reported its totally on KF and the staff. It totally makes perfect sense to lose a profile recruit to a better/more successful program. It makes perfect sense to lose a high profile recruit because they don't feel comfortable playing in a pro style offense. It makes sense losing a recruit because they want to play immediately. However, in no way shape or form, does it make sense to lose a top recruit for the simple fact that although he's committed, and still hyping the program, he wants to go visit other schools like other recruits do.

Sure there is a chance he pulls a Higdon and is swept away by another program at the 11th hour, but so what, its not like our staff wouldn't attempt to do the same thing. Lets be honest, we let a "9 or a 10" get away so we can sweep an unknown "5 or 6" off their feet because Iowa was the best offer they got and it was a no brainer.

Winning is essential in a recruiting class and one of the foundations for maintaining a solid recruiting base year after year. 7 and 8 win seasons year in and year out are not going to solidify that foundation. We had a commitment from a player that could help us improving on our on field success which could/should improve on our ability to help us climb the recruiting ranks for years to come and we crapped the bed. These are recruits that you get by going 12-0 in the regular season that wouldn't even be interested in a 7 win program and yet we're going to let them get away because we want them on a short leash. Unbelievable.

If this is based on what was reported its totally on KF and the staff. It totally makes perfect sense to lose a profile recruit to a better/more successful program. It makes perfect sense to lose a high profile recruit because they don't feel comfortable playing in a pro style offense. It makes sense losing a recruit because they want to play immediately. However, in no way shape or form, does it make sense to lose a top recruit for the simple fact that although he's committed, and still hyping the program, he wants to go visit other schools like other recruits do.

Sure there is a chance he pulls a Higdon and is swept away by another program at the 11th hour, but so what, its not like our staff wouldn't attempt to do the same thing. Lets be honest, we let a "9 or a 10" get away so we can sweep an unknown "5 or 6" off their feet because Iowa was the best offer they got and it was a no brainer.

Winning is essential in a recruiting class and one of the foundations for maintaining a solid recruiting base year after year. 7 and 8 win seasons year in and year out are not going to solidify that foundation. We had a commitment from a player that could help us improving on our on field success which could/should improve on our ability to help us climb the recruiting ranks for years to come and we crapped the bed. These are recruits that you get by going 12-0 in the regular season that wouldn't even be interested in a 7 win program and yet we're going to let them get away because we want them on a short leash. Unbelievable.
What's really weird is people that don't agree with what you just posted, which apparently includes admins at HR & HN. I'll say it again, too many people are bigger Kirk fans than Iowa fans.

I've always stayed true to KF, as he knows far more about football than I ever will and think for whatever reason that he's a good coach. That said I'm a firm believe that to get to the next level and win with our brand of football we need to bring in players to do just that. Signing two 2* recruits do not equal a 4*, we're losing one (2 with Calloway) high impact recruits simply because we're scared that they may change their minds down the road? Yet our staff is/was still actively recruiting other players that want to be Hawkeyes. They're called contingency plans, everyone has them, but fall back on these guys after we lose the recruits not because there's a chance they sign somewhere else.

I really don't understand how people can think Kirk is this guy with tremendous character. He's obviously a hypocritical control freak from the '50s. Seriously, wtf?

I really don't understand how people can think Kirk is this guy with tremendous character. He's obviously a hypocritical control freak from the '50s. Seriously, wtf?

I think he is no different than Meyer or Saban or Joe Paterno (who was also a Saint at one point). Rhabdo; housing scandals; that kid who stole the playbook after having his scholly pulled; etc. I don't want him fired for those things, but I do want all of Iowa's coaches held to an expectation that their contract implies.

I think the fact that he cries over victories makes him the teflon coach. Personally, I like coaches who cry over losses. It's a cult-of-personality thing that you'll find in elections and many other places thruout society. People need a living God to worship.

Bullshit. It's the exact same thing.

Um, no it isn't. Again people assume they have all of the facts when it comes to everything on this board and the number of theories that are pulled straight out of thin air and passed off as the truth and believed by everyone is F'ing comical.

EVERY team offers guys that are committed elsewhere, HOWEVER that doesn't mean that all situations are exactly the same or handled the same. You don't know what goes on behind the scenes and the conversations that are being had.

Do you know if Iowa coaches tell the committed elsewhere player to tell that team's coaches they want to look around? Do you know if a player contacts them and says they are interested in Iowa even after giving their verbal elsewhere?

If a player is lying to coaches and or trying to hide what they are doing then maybe they aren't a great fit to the program.

And if people honestly think that it's as simple as he took another visit without telling coaches and that is why they pulled his offer than I have some swamp land in Florida to sell you.

Um, no it isn't. Again people assume they have all of the facts when it comes to everything on this board and the number of theories that are pulled straight out of thin air and passed off as the truth and believed by everyone is F'ing comical.

EVERY team offers guys that are committed elsewhere, HOWEVER that doesn't mean that all situations are exactly the same or handled the same. You don't know what goes on behind the scenes and the conversations that are being had.

Do you know if Iowa coaches tell the committed elsewhere player to tell that team's coaches they want to look around? Do you know if a player contacts them and says they are interested in Iowa even after giving their verbal elsewhere?

If a player is lying to coaches and or trying to hide what they are doing then maybe they aren't a great fit to the program.

And if people honestly think that it's as simple as he took another visit without telling coaches and that is why they pulled his offer than I have some swamp land in Florida to sell you.
That didn't make any sense.

Apples and oranges.

Lets say you have a verbal agreement to do the job, and since you accepted their verbal agreement to use you, you then let 2 or 3 other well paying good jobs go, because you only had room to do 1 job. Of course you are going to be ticked off, you reserved that spot for them, because they said it was yours. So now your choices are to sit and wait til contract signing day and HOPE they sign with you, while they are shopping anyone and everyone. Or you have months now to seek out another good job in the meantime.

It comes down to do you now trust this client who has lied to your face. I don't blame them at all for seeking a different client, one who wants to do business with them.

If you have your dream job lined up and they start making you question if they will really hire you, it would be best to start looking around before you burn that bridge. Once you find a new job, you have a decision to make. Risk waiting for the dream job, or settle for less. One thing you should never do is cut ties with your dream job without an acceptable backup job in place.

That said, your other post about that policy keeping recruits we might have lost is true too. It will be hard for any commit to ever take a visit again once this story gets out. Of course, it might be hard for any player to ever commit again too.

Latest posts