Eno just De-Committed per twitter

OMFG! Kirk Ferentz needs to go!
I agree. I understand having rules, but the no visit is somewhat ridiculous. In the world that we live in, kids are going to take their visits. They want to go out and see there options. At Iowa, we can't afford to pull a guy's scholarship just because he took another visit, or free vacation. We simply don't have the talent to do that.

Michigan will get a nice running back.....this is just the start....win and the world is your oyster, lose and all KF can do is make excuses. This is and has been a concern for a long time....Barta is a complete idiot and can't see the forest through the trees....very discerning to me....mediocrity is a 7 letter word that rhymes with "parents "

I'm gonna ask you a serious question and I implore you to contemplate before replying.

Many of your fellow fans are under the belief that if you replace the H.C. the only direction for the program is downward as his replacement will be worse.

These same fans are equally convinced that if you replace an assistant the only direction in quality is to go upward.

Please explain this cognitive dissonance to me. Cuz I don't get it.

Fear of the unknown. It's what keeps most people for reaching for the stars.

In the 80's before internet scout rating services a team like Iowa could recruit a guy like Ronnie Harmon and USC, Alabama, OSU would never know.

Now there is no hiding talent. Top talent wants to go to top schools. Your story maybe good at iowa, but results on the field matter. You're left with finding a diamond in the rough...when you're Iowa.

I think its reasonable...if a kid "commits" that means he commits. He's done. If he starts looking around and taking visits it violates the agreement.

Eno could be a legend or he could be something below that. Think about that for a second and breathe. That said, it is a big loss to this class. AJ is the one we can't lose and I don't think there's much of a chance of that.

Fear of the unknown. It's what keeps most people for reaching for the stars.

Okay. But why is their fear focused on just one side of the coin? They have no fear about replacing crappy assistants . . . but they're terrified of replacing the guy who surrounds himself with crappy assistants??

Okay. But why is their fear focused on just one side of the coin? They have no fear about replacing crappy assistants . . . but they're terrified of replacing the guy who surrounds himself with crappy assistants??

Because getting rid of Ferentz or the staff would create unknown future. At least we can almost safely predict 7 wins. I'm all for making changes now, starting with Barta. But our program needs to change. I'm not one of those that is worried about the future after ferentz.

Because the head coach has a much bigger role than the assistents, simple as that. You can't afford to have a bad hire as a head coach. It is easier to rebound from 3 or 4 years of a bad coordinator, than it is to rebound from 3 or 4 years from a bad head coach.

welcome to the beginning of the DARK AGES for the next 10 yrs. Hope and pray we can get a couple of wins per season, like ISU does. With 9 BIG games now, and with our absolute lack of recruiting talent at skill positions, we are done. The game has evolved past KF a couple decades ago. We can't win with just slow Iowa walk on boys.

I suppose I can safely speculate about why.

1) Others are talking to him.

2) He see's the stale product on the field

3) See #1

4) Young people committing this early to a team like Iowa is very hazardous.

5) See #2

6) See #1
I have a feeling it's those bush league d-bags to the west. Please let's send them back to the big 12 where they belong.

I think its reasonable...if a kid "commits" that means he commits. He's done. If he starts looking around and taking visits it violates the agreement.

So by your logic, you should always stay with your first love and just get married. Never look at other options.

Latest posts