Cubs Spring Training

I highly recommend the MLB At Bat app for your Iphone / Ipad (if you have one). $14.99 gets you broadcasts of every game during the season.

I had it last year as well. It's fantastic as I can listen to Pat and Keith at my desk while working.

Isn't it just a little sad that as Cubs fans we are drooling over major leaguers practicing fundamentals in camp. I know bunting is important but...

Isn't it just a little sad that as Cubs fans we are drooling over major leaguers practicing fundamentals in camp. I know bunting is important but...
I see it as a sign of change. No more just going through the motions, they are actually trying to improve on the basics which make you a better player. No, guys aren't going to bunt a lot, but it is fundamental and it puts that mentality into players heads as well as team building with freindly competition which includes the manager.

I like it, and am very happy with what is happening in the cubs organization and I think we are already seeing the results of the regime change.

I see it as a sign of change. No more just going through the motions, they are actually trying to improve on the basics which make you a better player. No, guys aren't going to bunt a lot, but it is fundamental and it puts that mentality into players heads as well as team building with freindly competition which includes the manager.

I like it, and am very happy with what is happening in the cubs organization and I think we are already seeing the results of the regime change.

I do agree with that analysis. I just hate that fundamentals hadn't been stressed in previous years. I do like the bunt tournament if for nothing else but to get the competitive juices flowing and teammates talking.

The local media is doing their best to hype this Cubs team but I am not buying it yet. Reed Johnson was on the radio saying how the team lacked big names but were all playing real well together, working hard, and "you never know". Sveum was quoted saying how the team is coming along and improving each day, they had LaHair on commenting how the psychiatrist was helping their mental approach to the game. Come on, it is what it is a rebuilding year and nothing more.

Years past I would have gotten hooked on this stuff but I am approaching this Cub season like I did this years Hawk basketball season with little to no expectations of success.

The local media is doing their best to hype this Cubs team but I am not buying it yet. Reed Johnson was on the radio saying how the team lacked big names but were all playing real well together, working hard, and "you never know". Sveum was quoted saying how the team is coming along and improving each day, they had LaHair on commenting how the psychiatrist was helping their mental approach to the game. Come on, it is what it is a rebuilding year and nothing more.

Years past I would have gotten hooked on this stuff but I am approaching this Cub season like I did this years Hawk basketball season with little to no expectations of success.

I will take those results. I'm just loving the "cubs way" much bettter than what was happening the last few years anyway.

I know farmer but it is going to be a long summer. Fortunately there are other things to do besides watching baseball in the summer.

I know farmer but it is going to be a long summer. Fortunately there are other things to do besides watching baseball in the summer.

Fortunately as cubs fans we've never had much to watch starting around mid may, so you knkow there's that. I don't get to watch a lot of games since there are day games and being busy, but it's nice to be able to catch one once in a while when it means something rather than nothing. I don't think this season will be a great one, but hopefully it is a building step.

I live close to Chicago so I'm kind of pumped about the bad season from the aspect that I should be able to find cheap tickets and visit Wrigley.

As for the Soriano at lead off thing, for whatever reason he has excelled as a lead off hitter as opposed to anywhere else but I kind of subscribe to the notion that the best hitter should leadoff to give him as many AB's as possible. I don't see why Castro shouldn't be hitting there.

This will go for a good laugh.

Intrasquad game today - minor leaguers beat the regulars. Anyway, Jackson led off with a HR off T. Wood (guy we got for Marshall). Next inning, Sczcur hits a grand slam. Wood settled down apparently after that to get through 3, with the third being 1-2-3. Campana 3-3, Jackson on base four times (2 BB, 1 2b, 1 HR), Sczcur had 6 of the 10 RBI's. Rizzo had a single.

Just thought I'd share - the future is bright. But don't be all doom and gloom about this year. Probably better off to just enjoy the game this year. But remember this was just an intrasquad game so the stats should be taken lightly.

Have a great weekend everyone - Cactus League opener Sunday w/ Cubs vs. A's

This will go for a good laugh.

Intrasquad game today - minor leaguers beat the regulars. Anyway, Jackson led off with a HR off T. Wood (guy we got for Marshall). Next inning, Sczcur hits a grand slam. Wood settled down apparently after that to get through 3, with the third being 1-2-3. Campana 3-3, Jackson on base four times (2 BB, 1 2b, 1 HR), Sczcur had 6 of the 10 RBI's. Rizzo had a single.

Just thought I'd share - the future is bright. But don't be all doom and gloom about this year. Probably better off to just enjoy the game this year. But remember this was just an intrasquad game so the stats should be taken lightly.

Have a great weekend everyone - Cactus League opener Sunday w/ Cubs vs. A's

Love seeing the young guys perform. For the first time in a long time it actually looks like some position talent in the system. Now we just need some quality arms.

side note. my pick to win the bunt tourney was upset today. Dempster loses to Sveum. Shoot, also Castro likely to hit 3rd. Not sure if he is there for the power yet, but we'll see, as long as he hits I'm fine with it.
Chicago Cubs Blog - ESPN Chicago

Aw jeez, and my 7 year old has been bugging the heck out of me for a baseball game for his PS3. But if I can experience that emotion it will be worth the $60.

The show series has been awesome for a few years now. It's pretty much real baseball in video game form.

But that aside that's just a damn well made commercial.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVGAfA15U1I&feature=share]"Cubs Win" MLB 12 The Show Full Length Commercial - YouTube[/ame]

so true wanted to post it to forum easy watching

go cubs

Latest posts