Garza: 6.3 (Baer #1 at 6.9)
Cook: 2.9 (6th on team)

O rating:
Garza: 126.6
Cook: 112.1

D rating (lower number is better):
Garza: 108.7
Cook: 110.2
Advanced statistics favor Garza because Cook draws so much attention from opposing post defenses.

It's funny how so many people watch all these games and bitch about how bad the team it and can't see how Cook is a monstrous part of the problem. People are always distracted by flashy things.

It's ironic as hell.
Every player is a different degree of "part of the problem". From 1-13 (1 being the least part of the problem to 13 being the worst part), Tyler Cook is 1. In other words, there are 12 scholarship players that are a worse part of the problem we currently are experiencing, than Cook.

it also isn't true. THE problem this team/program has is a lack of foot speed on the perimeter and a lack of ability to take the opponent off the dribble. Cook is actually the best or 2nd best on the team at taking his man off the dribble. Cook requires...requires a double team. And if you're saying Cook is a bad defensive player, you're wrong. We play so much zone (see lack of foot speed on the perimeter) that our bigs have to come over and leave their area; which allows open shots underneath. Cook is NOT the problem. Lack of foot speed and perimeter ball handlers who can beat their man off the dribble, are.
Thank you.

Hawks WILL BE BETTER WITH COOK, THAN WITHOUT, UNLESS LBJ WANTS TO USE HIS ELIGIBILITY TO PLAY FOR HAWKS NEXT YEAR. END OF DISCUSSION!

Advanced statistics favor Garza because Cook draws so much attention from opposing post defenses.
I guess that’s an argument that can be made, not one I entirely agree with. Teams double Cook only when he catches the ball in the post, I would be willing to bet those possessions don’t end in Garza baskets that often. A lot of Garza’s baskets that I recall in the last few weeks when he’s been really hot have been pick and pop plays with a guard feeding him, or strait one on one post ups.

I’ll give you that Cook garners the most attention, and that helps everyone on the floor including Garza, but I don’t think that explains everything.

Every player is a different degree of "part of the problem". From 1-13 (1 being the least part of the problem to 13 being the worst part), Tyler Cook is 1. In other words, there are 12 scholarship players that are a worse part of the problem we currently are experiencing, than Cook.

Out of the Starters Cook is the worst defender metrically... behind a bench player...

It's hard for me to say any player is the #1 problem... If you break down the film you would see how often Cook often gives very little effort on defense, or makes mental mistakes. But most of the team makes the same mistakes ill give you that... but when our "best" player does it....

I played freshman BB in high school...we were bad...I didn't play the following year...the team was still bad, but better without me.

I believe we'll be better with Cook. He made overall improvement in his game from last year and I believe he would improve next year as well.

Out of the Starters Cook is the worst defender metrically... behind a bench player...

It's hard for me to say any player is the #1 problem... If you break down the film you would see how often Cook often gives very little effort on defense, or makes mental mistakes. But most of the team makes the same mistakes ill give you that... but when our "best" player does it....
I have broken down multiple games. Cook is not the worst defender. That honor belongs to Bohannon. Cook is not a good defender, that's for sure but I don't see how anyone can blame the post players for poor defense when our back court players let everyone blow right past them, into the lane, night after night. It's hard enough guarding your own man. When you have to guard Bohannon's/Moss's/Baer's guys as well, it's a little too much to ask of anyone.

We will only be better with a good point guard, with or without Cook. I like him but even he will improve with good point. Defense will always be an issue with this staff in charge.

I'd say JBo could co-occupy that spot at #1. Both have flaws, Cook's are in his limited game, JBo's are more about being forced to play point with no support (and defensive quickness)

I'd say JBo could co-occupy that spot at #1. Both have flaws, Cook's are in his limited game, JBo's are more about being forced to play point with no support (and defensive quickness)
Bohannon's the worst defender on the team. I'd put him at 3 behind Garza.