Clayborn: We're the Only Team in the State

These numbers are skewed for two reasons, the McCarney farewell tour and Gene Chizik.

ISU football record in past 10 years: 55-68 (.447 winning%)

ISU ALL-TIME football record: 481-575-46 (.455 winning%)

You're right, they're skewed numbers. Because McCarney was a damn good ball coach, and you ran him outta town. He bumped those numbers above your all-time averages. That's called failing to see that you have a good thing going. Hopefully you don't make the same mistake with Rhoads.

But don't blame Chizik for making those numbers look bad. Because they're better than ISU's average.

So what if ISU gets mad at Clayborn about this comment. What are they gonna do about it? My guess would be nothing since they won't be able to stop him come game day. Win or lose(heh heh) Clayborn is going to be great that day regardless.

probably not one of the wisest things to say. But I doubt even if motivation, ISU can beat Iowa this year.

Was he comment, meant to be a dig at ISU and UNI, or did he just have a memory laspe?

Was he comment, meant to be a dig at ISU and UNI, or did he just have a memory laspe?
I took it as more of a statement that there is no pro football in Iowa, not that ISU and UNI don't exist. But what is perfectly clear is, that in the context of this question, he's right. There are a whole lot more Hawkeye fans with high expectations of the team, and that's what his comment was based on.

I would say its even, the only guy on offense I would take for Iowa is McNutt. And on defense I would take Bailey Johnson over either one of your DTs, LBs are a push as they are both new this year, and I would take Leonard Johnson over any of your corners and I would take David Sims over Greenwood. I would take Iowa's DL - one spot for Johnson.

Im gonna go ahead and assume this is a joke?

Im gonna go ahead and assume this is a joke?

I agreed with him on one point: I'd also take Sims over Greenwood. I like Greenwood a lot, but Sims impressed me quite a bit last year.

But I can't believe that McNutt is the only offensive player he'd take. Taking one of our backs to PAIR with Robinson (not replace) would be smart. Reiff would be a no-brainer. DJK is better than the WR's ISU already has. And Stanzi just has the "it" factor.

I would say its even, the only guy on offense I would take for Iowa is McNutt. And on defense I would take Bailey Johnson over either one of your DTs, LBs are a push as they are both new this year, and I would take Leonard Johnson over any of your corners and I would take David Sims over Greenwood. I would take Iowa's DL - one spot for Johnson.

I dont think an ISU player could start on Iowa's defense. Not 1.
Offense is a different story. Maybe an O-linemen or 2.

I dont think an ISU player could start on Iowa's defense. Not 1.
Offense is a different story. Maybe an O-linemen or 2.

I wouldn't be shocked if Alexander Robinson could start for us. He's a pretty damn good back. And Sims could start over Greenwood. I like Greenwood, but Sims is a better athlete, and a very good player.

I wouldn't be shocked if Alexander Robinson could start for us. He's a pretty damn good back. And Sims could start over Greenwood. I like Greenwood, but Sims is a better athlete, and a very good player.

I dont think so. Sims is a SS, not a FS.
Greenwood is getting some pre-season recognition and its about time.
The FS position isnt just about being an athlete.

I don't think that Sims is just a freak athlete who has no brains or instincts, however. I would think that he could make the shift over to FS (and if he couldn't, Sash could without a doubt). He's a good football player, not just a good athlete.

Agreed. Greenwood was 2nd team all B10 and recorded 5 int's last year I believe, not to mention he's a 4 year starter. However I do think A-Rob could play for us at this point. Course hes a few years older than our backs.

You have never played a down of football beyond pee-wee league or Madden. I would go as far as saying that you have never played any organized sport beyond the 5th grade. But if you want to injure someone for talking trash, you are more than welcome to bring that **** to me. Thats a fact.
If you really think I am going to put my name on the internet you truly are stupid I will just say I played Class A football and fighting words on the internet are about as cool as the comments made by Clayborn.

Agreed. Greenwood was 2nd team all B10 and recorded 5 int's last year I believe, not to mention he's a 4 year starter. However I do think A-Rob could play for us at this point. Course hes a few years older than our backs.
Sims would start over Sash and Greenwood on Iowa's defense.

Latest posts