Clayborn: We're the Only Team in the State

Nope, football is football, if you played the game, you know the game. And no matter who the opponent is you have respect for them. And he has now lost that respect, the question is will it blow up in his face? I have seen it happen before in both HS and college.

I am guessing that you hang on the fence at 3:45 in the fall, hoping that the coach will look over you so that you can hand him your spiral notebook that you have drawn up a bunch of plays in. Am I close?

Or it is something like this.
uncle_rico.jpg

I love a little smack talk as much as the best man. However, my guess is that AC meant to say something along the lines of "there are no pro-sports in Iowa....", and it just came out wrong. I have seen the interview and it didn't appear he was taking a purposeful shot at ISU, UNI, I-Cubs, Energy, etc. Not that it would matter anyway. ISU can get as pumped up as they want. They are still going to get torn up.....again. Nothing is going to prevent that aside from the season getting cancelled.

Nope, football is football, if you played the game, you know the game. And no matter who the opponent is you have respect for them. And he has now lost that respect, the question is will it blow up in his face? I have seen it happen before in both HS and college.

If an ISU player intentionally takes out Clayborn's knee, that player will probably have his knees taken out with a baseball bat, coming out of one of the Ames bars. I'm sure there are all kinds of rabid, crazy Hawk fans that would do such a thing. I just hope the ISU players consider that. I'd hate to see it blow up in one of their faces. Just sayin.
Not that I would personally condone or recommend such a thing.

If an ISU player intentionally takes out Clayborn's knee, that player will probably have his knees taken out with a baseball bat, coming out of one of the Ames bars. I'm sure there are all kinds of rabid, crazy Hawk fans that would do such a thing. I just hope the ISU players consider that. I'd hate to see it blow up in one of their faces. Just sayin.
Not that I would personally condone or recommend such a thing.

I don't think any hawk player or fan would ever intentionally assault another person do you? I mean I can't even think of one time.......

You really want to go there?

Looks like I just did haha. Seriously though what Clayborn said will be bulletin board material and makes him look like a bit of an ***, but it is expected in a rivalry. Nothing too much to see here other than that.

P.S. I know I have a natural tendency to be a tool, but I will attempt to contain my tooliness while posting here. Thanks for reminding me HFNW.

Looks like I just did haha. Seriously though what Clayborn said will be bulletin board material and makes him look like a bit of an ***, but it is expected in a rivalry. Nothing too much to see here other than that.

P.S. I know I have a natural tendency to be a tool, but I will attempt to contain my tooliness while posting here. Thanks for reminding me HFNW.

The first step toward recovery is acceptance. You've come a long way.

I don't know whats funnier. The fact that clone fans are taking this quote and running with it, or the fact that they have such an inferiority complex and are so unsure of their own teams worth that they assume that was his intent when it is pretty obvious that it wasn't. They are so concerned about being irrelevant that they read the comment as saying just that. It kinda reminds me of this exchange.

Roy: Don't be ridiculous. (Notices George looking at a poster on the wall)
Holyfield. He's a good friend of one of my patients. He's got a hell of a
body, doesn't he?

George: How would I know?

Roy: Do you like him?

George: What do you mean, like him?

Roy: Do you like him?

George: I mean he's a good fighter and a nice guy but I don't like him.

Roy: How come you don't like him?

George: Why should I?

Jerry: What is the matter with you?

George: Nothing, why? You think something's wrong? Am I different?

Last edited:

Latest posts