Christian Williams Leaving Team

The timing makes perfect sense. Not sure why everyone is so confused by it. I’m sure he struggled with the decision in recent weeks but when the team started getting into there starting 5 and rotations this last week or so he probably could see what was in front of him.

If he were to start playing this season and then decide to leave he would cost himself a year of eligibility. This way I believe he will be able to enroll at a new school in the spring and still have his two years of eligibility remaining starting next fall.

The timing makes perfect sense. Not sure why everyone is so confused by it. I’m sure he struggled with the decision in recent weeks but when the team started getting into there starting 5 and rotations this last week or so he probably could see what was in front of him.

If he were to start playing this season and then decide to leave he would cost himself a year of eligibility. This way I believe he will be able to enroll at a new school in the spring and still have his two years of eligibility remaining starting next fall.

yep, and he still has a red shirt. Or, he could also be eligible to graduate after this semester. With 2 summer school sessions, he could be that far a long.

I don’t think we can possibly know that the depth chart was unchanged. Just because CW had that spot doesn’t mean he couldn’t have lost it to someone else.

We’ve heard some good things about Dailey and Ellingson this offseason. In addition Wiliiams was battling some injuries. It could be that others have just passed him by.
I dunno Williams is more athletic and a better defender then both of them. Williams was still the backup PG and would have been even getting mins at the 2 sometimes. If Williams offensive game improved even just a little bit... I'm not saying that him getting passed over couldn't have happened or would have been impossible but I don't think it'd happened yet.

Brady isn't necessarily quick but he handles the ball well and is a solid factor shooting the three.....He really helped out at the end of last season, giving us some quality minutes.....

Dailey is tall and quick and could fill in the spots that we would have used Christian in. He moves the ball well also. Important to move the ball fast to keep the D off balance.....

Connor and Fran will certainly make the right decision concerning his RS.....

I liked Christian, especially on D with that length which led to quite a few steals and subsequent slams.....

Good Luck to Christian. He probably made the correct decision. He would get much more playing time on another team.....

:cool:

If they are relying on Ellingson to be a backup PG then we are in trouble. He needs to come off screens and shoot. Williams is going to prove to be a bigger loss than it seems right now. A 6'6 guard that can defend and guard the other team's top guard is rare. I would say Connor is probably in line for those minutes. If it is Ellingson....uh oh.

If they are relying on Ellingson to be a backup PG then we are in trouble. He needs to come off screens and shoot. Williams is going to prove to be a bigger loss than it seems right now. A 6'6 guard that can defend and guard the other team's top guard is rare. I would say Connor is probably in line for those minutes. If it is Ellingson....uh oh.
Imagine if we lose JBo to injury...

that does make sense, thanks for giving your take. I think the timing can only tell us 1 thing, CW wasn't going to play much or at least, wasn't led to believe he was by practice.

I would think every team we play will focus on wearing out, wearing down, bruising, frustrating and fouling out JB...

I guess if he sincerely thought he could get more time or get better as a player himself. But from where I'm sitting nothing changed since the end of last yr. JBo/Moss were going to get most of the mins at the guard spots with Ellingson and him battling it out for the other mins. I could even see Baer sneaking in at the 2 occasionally. I just figured that since he didn't leave shortly after the season last yr knowing full well how the roster was going to continue to look it's a decision he could have came to much sooner. I guess maybe during the practices so far if Ellingson was looking good and had jumped him for more time at the PG spot then it could just be what it is.

Bohannon will play at least 30 minutes per game so the reality is someone has to fill-in at PG for 10 minutes.

If you don't have confidence in Dailey and/or Ellingson giving you 5 minutes per half...why are they on your team in the first place?

Bohannon will play at least 30 minutes per game so the reality is someone has to fill-in at PG for 10 minutes.

If you don't have confidence in Dailey and/or Ellingson giving you 5 minutes per half...why are they on your team in the first place?
Between those 2 and Moss & Uhl(if we need to do it super fast), we should be able to bring the ball up the court. The question is who can run the O the best?

The real concern, IMO, is Bohannon foul trouble. If I'm a B1G team with excellent guards, I attack Bohannon constantly and try to get him into foul trouble. We all know Fran refuses to play anyone with 2 fouls in the first half.

I dunno Williams is more athletic and a better defender then both of them. Williams was still the backup PG and would have been even getting mins at the 2 sometimes. If Williams offensive game improved even just a little bit... I'm not saying that him getting passed over couldn't have happened or would have been impossible but I don't think it'd happened yet.
Williams is not more athletic than Dailey in my opinion

Frankly, if Connor has his heart set on redshirting this season, I see absolutely no reason for him to play even a single minute tonight. Why even go down that road? Let the kids play who are in the plan for this season.

Frankly, if Connor has his heart set on redshirting this season, I see absolutely no reason for him to play even a single minute tonight. Why even go down that road? Let the kids play who are in the plan for this season.

Because they are evaluating him, I expect Connor to play in both exhibitions.

Latest posts