Chicago Cubs 2016 Thread

I bet the cards were really sweating because that would of been the first no hitter in Busch Stadium 3. That would of been awesome for that to happen. So close! :)

I'm usually very critical of JH but I've got to give him credit for an outstanding catch in the stands last night. That was a fabulous catch. :)

I'm usually very critical of JH but I've got to give him credit for an outstanding catch in the stands last night. That was a fabulous catch. :)

You have to figure that Hendricks is going to make the playoff roster, but frankly, are his defensive skills so overwhelming that they trump having another productive bat in the lineup? I mean. how often is he really called on to make a play that no one else on the club could routinely make?

You have to figure that Hendricks is going to make the playoff roster, but frankly, are his defensive skills so overwhelming that they trump having another productive bat in the lineup? I mean. how often is he really called on to make a play that no one else on the club could routinely make?
I'm thinking you mean Hayward so I'll say JH has a cannon for an arm and is very very accurate to the plate which ( biting my lip ) I would overlook the bat and play him. Hopefully Joe can surround him with timely hitters.

MAGIC # IS 1 BOYS!!!! I just can't believe our division lead. Be rockin in Wrigley tomorrow, would have kind of been cool to celebrate in front of the Cards on their home field too though.

Anyone else collect any Cubs Memorabilia? Just curious.

Bogeyman if I had the money that's all I would buy....my 1st recollection of Wrigley Field was 1974, 12 years old, and my parents got a miniature bat that was signed by Ron Santo and a button, probably about 8" in diameter that said, "Cub Power". I believe they still.have that somewhere....

Wrigley will be a crazy place for sho.....

MAGIC # IS 1 BOYS!!!! I just can't believe our division lead. Be rockin in Wrigley tomorrow, would have kind of been cool to celebrate in front of the Cards on their home field too though.

Anyone else collect any Cubs Memorabilia? Just curious.

I am a sports memorabilia collector and have a fair amount of Cubs stuff. Lots of meida guides going back to the mid-50's, lots of team photos, a picture of Bill Madlock with '75 All-Star MVP trophy, lots of buttons and tons of cards, ....that kind of stuff. I am the prototypical "long suffering Cub fan."

Worse case scenario: Cubs lose to Brewers tomorrow and go home. Cardinals lose to Giants later in the evening so Cubs clinch and aren't around to celebrate.

Any of you guys have duplicates or anything you'd ever be willing to trade or sell let me know. I don't ever look to re-sell, I have redone my basement with all new custom display cabinets etc that I am having my own mini baseball museum in. I have a couple cases full of signed baseballs etc. I have a few extras I'd trade in signed cards and maybe a few balls. I'd like to have a Wrigley Field stadium seat someday. also need some artwork or signed jersey for the wall. Lots of Cubs stuff but also in to vintage baseball stuff, have several old five finger gloves etc.

I put the over/under at 93. We are at 93 right now. I may have been off a smidge. Maybe a smidge and a half.

I put the over/under at 93. We are at 93 right now. I may have been off a smidge. Maybe a smidge and a half.
Isn't it awesome that you could even make a prediction that high for the Cubs and they come through! This sure is a lot of fun and look forward to this happening for quite some time.

Get used to this Cardinals Fans! Cubs are here to own the division for the next decade!!!
I was stunned that the cards announcers actually were saying complimentary things about the Cubs on TV last night. That's not the cardinal way and it was a great feeling.

I was stunned that the cards announcers actually were saying complimentary things about the Cubs on TV last night. That's not the cardinal way and it was a great feeling.
It's hard for anyone to say something bad about the Cubs right now, but it is nice that they acknowledge the team's accomplishments. All that said, we need to do it in October. I'm very excited and nervous all at the same time.

It's hard for anyone to say something bad about the Cubs right now, but it is nice that they acknowledge the team's accomplishments. All that said, we need to do it in October. I'm very excited and nervous all at the same time.

The night of Hendricks' near no-no, one of the Cardinals announcers actually said that they would beat the Cubs in the playoffs. I literally LOL'ed. I'm sure I'm not alone in wishing they would get one of the wild card spots because I'd much rather face the Cards than a good team like the Mets or the Giants...or even the Marlins.

The night of Hendricks' near no-no, one of the Cardinals announcers actually said that they would beat the Cubs in the playoffs. I literally LOL'ed. I'm sure I'm not alone in wishing they would get one of the wild card spots because I'd much rather face the Cards than a good team like the Mets or the Giants...or even the Marlins.
I guess anything can happen, but odds are the Cubs would beat the Cardinals and I don't think it would be that close.

The Cards will be tough, and I hate them so much I want to keep them out. However, I much rather think I'd face them in a 5 game series before I'd want to see Kershaw or Bumgardner twice.

Good to see Dex heating up a little now, I think him getting on base will be the key to our offense come postseason ahead of the boppers. Bryant starting to get back on track too after cooling down.
3 way tie in the NL wild card should be interesting to follow. Hope we luck out and some teams have to burn their aces in play in games

Latest posts