Chicago Cubs 2016 Thread

Well, let me retract that from my last post, apparently, it's a done deal as CBS sports is reporting it.....nice get, Soler will be do a nice job in KC

Reactions: DJL
Great trade, it does what trades are supposed to do which is help an area of need for both teams. If Davis is healthy he'll fit in great on this team. We are saving a pile of money I have a feeling this offseason as next year we'll spend again when Jake, Miggy, Jay etc. are all free agents. We have like 8 guys I think after 2017 that will be FA. So we'll have some replacing to do and the FA pool the next few years is really solid.
The Nats meanwhile, gave up an arm and a leg for Adam Eaton...ADAM EATON!!! Wow.

Dex to the Cardinals :( I knew he was gone, but have to admit him going to the Cards does hurt a little bit.

Still not sure who the 5th starter will be in 2017

The plan, as of right now, is for Mike Montgomery to be #5, although, Hammel's not getting much interest in the marked. Maybe he'll give the Cubs a hometown discount. Really liked him last year.

Left hander Brett Anderson just might be the 5th. starter for the Cubs moving Mike Montgomery to reliever. I guess it's not etched in stone yet.

Left hander Brett Anderson just might be the 5th. starter for the Cubs moving Mike Montgomery to reliever. I guess it's not etched in stone yet.
It's nice having a guy like Montgomery in the bullpen that can bail you out when the starter has a rough day. Apparently Anderson was impressive in a bullpen session and that earned him a shot with the Cubs. I hope he is a pleasant surprise.