Carton Update

I can't help responding to guys like lightning. It's an addiction, what can I say.

actually I can relate. I kind of lived to come on here and troll him back. But, he put me on ignore a few months back after not being able to mentally take what he dishes out .....and actually - life's been easy street on here since for me.

Lol. Is there really a banner hanging for NIT runner up? Stop pulling my leg. No self respecting competitor would hang such a thing.

LOL, Kentucky, IU, UCLA and Louisville have all hung NIT banners at times. Seriously, this dudes a giant joke.

I won't lose sleep over it either way.
Fran's had 8 years and he's accomplished nothing. . Not a championship has been won. Not a banner has been hung.

Assuming you're also including conference championships and not just counting winning the whole enchilada, there are probably 300 D-1 teams who haven't won anything in the last eight years either.

Assuming you're also including conference championships and not just counting winning the whole enchilada, there are probably 300 D-1 teams who haven't won anything in the last eight years either.

Iowa has NCAA banners for 14,15 & 16 - but I will say that they need A LOT fricking more. Iowa needs to dance this year or Fran needs to go.

Conference titles. Conference tournament titles. NIT Championship. Final Four and NCAA runner up and Championship banners are all acceptable.

Wow man, they actually give out banners just for making the NCAAs? I mean, I'm not a Fran hater/negative poster but that's pretty weak bro. That really is almost participation-trophiesh. Maybe you make the F4 because you won your region but I mean....
what a bunch of pansies right? What is this - everyone gets a trophy sport? Losers! :eek:

Wow man, they actually give out banners just for making the NCAAs? I mean, I'm not a Fran hater/negative poster but that's pretty weak bro. That really is almost participation-trophiesh. Maybe you make the F4 because you won your region but I mean....

Well first it is not professional sports. It is college. Second is it is incredibly hard to compete night in and night out while balancing an academic workload. Third is that making the field of 64 is rightfully an accomplishment. It's not handed to anyone. You have to play hard and win quite a bit more then you lose. Fourth is that we are talking about kids and young men. There is nothing wrong with acknowledgement of achievements above the average.

I implore you all to take a step back from your TV and computer screens for a minute and actually try to imagine what these guys do and go through. You just might find that for them it's not as easy as sitting your ass on a couch on a Tuesday night. Yet you begrudge them acknowledgement for achievement because they didn't win enough to make you happy?

Well first it is not professional sports. It is college. Second is it is incredibly hard to compete night in and night out while balancing an academic workload. Third is that making the field of 64 is rightfully an accomplishment. It's not handed to anyone. You have to play hard and win quite a bit more then you lose. Fourth is that we are talking about kids and young men. There is nothing wrong with acknowledgement of achievements above the average.

I implore you all to take a step back from your TV and computer screens for a minute and actually try to imagine what these guys do and go through. You just might find that for them it's not as easy as sitting your ass on a couch on a Tuesday night. Yet you begrudge them acknowledgement for achievement because they didn't win enough to make you happy?

Some of us do know what they go through probably more than you think and maybe more than you. You're making more of this than necessary. Some of us do have concerns about Fran. We've also been down the coach/kid road before. This is a forum. So maybe take a break.

Fran's body of work is a bit soft depending on expectations. 8 years in and 4 wins.... Next 2 years will tell a lot. Likely mixed results resulting in more contracts and discussions. Maybe he'll recruit his grand kids.

Would. Not. Want. Certainly would not hang.

Nobody is saying they shouldn't consider making the NCAA tournament an accomplishment. It is. It's not an accomplishment that warrants a trophy or a banner. Not in my opinion. I competed and won state titles in multiple sports. There were many times that I fell short. Falling short drove me to work harder to win those titles. I never had any interest in a 9th-12th place trophy. It didn't mean that I didn't consider it an accomplishment to finish higher than 88 or 388 participants, in order to finish 9th-12th. It was. That doesn't mean you could get me to take a trophy for it. You couldn't. Not when I was 12 yrs old, 32 yrs old, or anywhere in between.