Carton Update

If he is an NBA talent type of guy...Iowa isn't his best choice...given the current scenario.

Iowa needs some players with quickness, esp at PG...to build on, hang around, make others better, build the brand name.

If he is a talent, and is looking at the NBA...best option, go to one of the big name, NBA factories...make a one and done run at an NCAA title...float through a year of fake courses...move on into your dream.

If he is an NBA talent type of guy...Iowa isn't his best choice...given the current scenario.

Iowa needs some players with quickness, esp at PG...to build on, hang around, make others better, build the brand name.

If he is a talent, and is looking at the NBA...best option, go to one of the big name, NBA factories...make a one and done run at an NCAA title...float through a year of fake courses...move on into your dream.

I don't know about that. Does Cook have a better chance being at Iowa and being a 1st team all conference player, or at Kansas being a 7th or 8th man?

Remember, Tyler Cook was predicted to be "gone" by many "experts" on here, too. All hope is not lost. However, DJ has & will have more options than TC(Iowa, Europe or draft)

Multiple National Championship appearances and Elite Eight runs will do that for a program. Beilein can flat out coach, both in the regular season and the NCAA tournament.

Odds Fran has an "Ace In The Hole" on this one?

Odds Fran sees another PG talent fritter off to a top 30 program?

Odds the AD knows who Carton is?
1). 1,000,000 to 1
2). 99.8%
3). "knows who Carton is"? 100%. Acts like it's no big deal Carton goes elsehwere? 100%

I don't see anything immature about this kid. Taking his time to make a decision. He isn't committing and then de-committing. I have no problem with his process. More kids should do the same.

For him to have dreams of the NBA isn't a bad thing. Most kids his age haven't figured out their careers either. To have a dream and not reach it isn't a bad thing. The college part will come with whatever school he chooses. If he isn't good enough to go pro early, then I'm sure a college degree will land in his hands with plenty of choices at that point from whatever college he chooses.

With all that said, I'm hoping the logistics of Iowa and family ties have some influence on his decision. I'm seeing his maturity in my eyes as something that actually gives us a more of a chance than not.
He isn't playing in the NBA. I appreciate him chasing his dreams and I encourage it. I encourage him to get a good education even more.

He's not a one and done talent. Not even close.

He isn't playing in the NBA. I appreciate him chasing his dreams and I encourage it. I encourage him to get a good education even more.

A bit early to determine that isn't it? Especially if you're one of those who's convinced Tyler Cook is NBA bound after next year. He's got as far to go as Carton does...in much less time.

A bit early to determine that isn't it? Especially if you're one of those who's convinced Tyler Cook is NBA bound after next year. He's got as far to go as Carton does...in much less time.
I'm not convinced TC will ever play in the NBA. His best chance is over seas. Which I think is better than playing in college for free.

Tyler Cook is going to get his points. If he works on his rebounding and defense I think he has a shot at the NBA. Reggie Evans was a monster inside, but he wasn't a great shooter.

Fran is holding a 2 and a 7 and going all in

Agreed, but Fran HAS to go all in on him. If he misses, he still has next year really to get a PG. DJ wouldn't even be here until '19 and that is when Jordan is a Sr. and Connor a RS So.

I just don't know how good the blue blood schools are at developing talent. I know they are great at recruiting it. But just not sure about developing it.

Bill Self is good at it. He also is good at getting 1 on 1 D and getting after it in practice. Not so good at game mgt.

Fran is