Cards/Reds

pacoyal

Huge Cards fans here. Good win in the first game. I did not get to see the melee in the first inning of tonight's game, so if anybody knows what happened, please let me know.

Good to see the Cards up in the 8th and with Wainright going tomorrow, I'm liking this series.

I didn't get to see the fight either but it sounds like Carp and Rolen got into it during the scuffle. Either way hopefully no suspensions get handed out and we get a sweep in this series. Go Cards!

Huge cards fan here too!

Chicken-$hit Rolen goes after Carp who's not even playing in this game!

Both managers got the thumb.

That CBS article is off. Yadi was tapped on the shins a few times and then Phillips flapped his trap, Yadi took exception, and off it went. Rolen targeting Carp was uncalled for and in character with Rolen, who has had personality issues everywhere he has played.

Molena showed Phillips...tap this, butt brain...and the fight was on.:D

Still, baseball fights look like a girly brawl... lot's of pushing and pulling jerseys. Carpenter needs to stay out of fights, we need his arm down the stretch.

That CBS article is off. Yadi was tapped on the shins a few times and then Phillips flapped his trap, Yadi took exception, and off it went. Rolen targeting Carp was uncalled for and in character with Rolen, who has had personality issues everywhere he has played.

Just watched baseball tonight. I saw the tap and apparently some of the best players in the game do that, like Jeter. After Phillips saying he hates the Cards last night so passionately (which, I actually respect) he does that today, he should expect the Cards not to "feel" that. More power to Yadier saying what he had to say to make sure he wasn't disprespected.

I actually liked (I don't know, I still liked him for what he did for the Cards) Rolen stepping in and trying to break it up, but then he goes after Carptenter after he talked back to somebody for starting some s*&^ with him and tries to take him down.

Great to see the Cards keeping with it and still score runs.

Phillips called the Cards a bunch of little complaining bitche$. He was asking for it tonight.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diXHVQ7-d1g"]YouTube - ‪Reds v Cardinals Brawl - HD - 8/10/10‬‎[/ame]

Initial flareup at the 3:21 mark.

Carp gets shoved against the bleachers at 4:30 mark.

Last edited:
Cards win and we are tied in the Central.

Wainright tomorrow. Thank you to the Reds for waking up the Cards.

Who is that stupid ***** Reds announcer? What a *********.

Great win for the Cards, on top of the Central after tomorrow. Reds have replaced the Cubs for hate spewing for the rest of the season.

Who is that stupid ***** Reds announcer? What a *********.

Great win for the Cards, on top of the Central after tomorrow. Reds have replaced the Cubs for hate spewing for the rest of the season.
Reds announcers were poor, blaming the whole thing on the Cardinals. Idiots.

Last edited:
Rolen looked much more the peacemaker in watching the replay, Carp is EXTREMELY intense, so its not easy to tame him, and he is 6'7", not a small guy at all.

Its nice to see the Reds take another loss after their jawing.

Looks like Carpenter deserved what he got... Yadier Molina should be suspended

Carp deserved to get cleated in the back? So then did Larue deserve to get cleated in the face also? How do you figure on Yadi, given the provocation?

Last edited:

You couldn't get it more wrong. It was unmistakably obvious that Rolen was trying to be a peacemaker, stepping in to separate the combatants. It was Carpenter who started the flap with Rolen, aggressive & yelling at Rolen. That Rolen took exception to Carpenter's behavior would be more than understandable, but it you were observing the scene as replayed on TV you should have noticed that Rolen threw no puches, only pushed Carpenter (Rolen is a big guy, but Carpenter towers over him) into the fence and down.

I want the Cards to put the obnoxious upstart Reds in their place as much as any fan, but seems like we ought to recognize that the Cards (justifiably, in my book) are sick of the Reds antics & mouths, and were more than willing to respond to provocations.

As for Rolen, Rolen hasn't gotten along with GMs and LaRussa (but as far as I'm aware the only field manager he had problems with--Jim Fregosi & Terry Fracona loved him in Philly, he is a favorite of Dusty Baker, Cito Gaston respected him as a "throwback, an oldtimer, a gamer"). And the teammates who iddn't like him during his long career in almost instances were players who aroused his ire by dogging it, bu giving less than their best.

The guy is one of the class acts in baseball. Yes, he is not a gregarious extroverted guy, just a quiet sort who plays with pain through a back injury that most of us would feel was cripping, plys fullout and expects everyone to do the same. A proud man who demands respect--because he has earned it.

I guess it depends on what qualities different fans think define the good guys in baseball. Rolen is on my list: as a role model, he is a sports figure that any parent ought to want his/her son/daughter to emulate in morals, behavior, commitment to family, work ethic, social values & commitment.

Edit. Sorry, my apology for going off this way. Afterwards I saw your followup remarks My bad. Guess the pennant races are so close that I'm getting edgy, short-fused. Again, sorry.

Last edited:
Carp deserved to get cleated in the back? So then did Larue deserve to get cleated in the face also? How do you figure on Yadi, given the provocation?

Dude its obvious if Yadier Molina would've stayed behind the plate and kept his trap shut none of that would've happened. I obviously wasn't there at the plate so I don't know what Phillips said, but Molina got up in his face.

As for Carpenter goes, the dude wouldn't shut up and Rolen got him out of the face of Dusty Baker, so yes in my opinion he deserved to get plowed to the back stop. I really don't care either way, I just think it's childish and I can see that the heat is on with the Penant Race. Just one man's opinion on the scuffle from what I saw on video. I don't have to agree with you and you don't have to agree with me.

As for Carpenter goes, the dude wouldn't shut up and Rolen got him out of the face of Dusty Baker, so yes in my opinion he deserved to get plowed to the back stop.
Do you have an audio of what Carp was supposedly saying? Do you have an audio of what every 50 people scrumming about were saying to one another?

I don't.

You don't push into the bleachers and then try to cleat an all-star pitcher. That's why Rolen got traded. Bogus.

Latest posts