Brady Ellingson Commits to Iowa

STARS MEAN EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aaron White, Devyn Marble, Anthony Clemmons were all 2* or below. So you're probably right, stars mean everything.

Offers mean more than stars, which is why I listed those as well. It's not like Marble, White and Clemmons are world beaters. They are good players but let's not get carried away.

Probably shouldn't get to excited about your "future All-American Fred Hoiberg clone" (multiple Clone fan's quotes) because he's either going to get replaced by a transfer and get his scholarship yanked or transfer like 60% of Hoiberg's high school recruits have.

The joys of out recruiting your current players. As for Okoro, his was family hardship. Such is life on the up and ups in college basketball.

Also, you should stay away from math.

Probably shouldn't get to excited about your "future All-American Fred Hoiberg clone" (multiple Clone fan's quotes) because he's either going to get replaced by a transfer and get his scholarship yanked or transfer like 60% of Hoiberg's high school recruits have.

I'd like proof of these 60% high school recruits getting their scholarship yanked, TIA.

Last edited:
Looks who's talking. If you come around just to troll, you are gonna get trolled back. Come talk some **** when u have actually beaten Iowa in something in the last year....

I've always been a basketball junkie and heard Iowa got a commit. Stroll over and refute one post (rather successfully, I might add) and I'm a troll? Prove my points invalid.

Based on what?

Excerpt from a recent Minneapolis Star Tribune article dated 9/17........

"Before the Michigan State trip, LaChance told me his short list of favorites included Creighton, Vanderbilt, Butler, Baylor, Minnesota and Michigan State. Now, Baylor is obviously crossed off that list and Adams assures me that Iowa is firmly in the mix. Vanderbilt, Butler and Creighton have put in the most time, with the latter jumping in first, LaChance said. But with Big Ten interest percolating in the last two weeks, LaChance is extremely interested in those options, Adams said – particularly Iowa and Minnesota, with their proximity to home".

“That really comes into play,â€￾ the coach said.

Considering these comments were made before his teammate, Ellingson, committed and before he's even taken his official to Iowa this weekend I would think we have a fair chance to spin up his interest at a minimum. By the way, I don't get "strong lean" to MN out of this so we'll have to wait for those "facts" to surface :) Also sounds like LaChance would like to make his decision by mid Oct.

I've always been a basketball junkie and heard Iowa got a commit. Stroll over and refute one post (rather successfully, I might add) and I'm a troll? Prove my points invalid.

Someone asked you earlier what your basis was for calling LaChance a current "strong lean" to Minnesota.........we're still waiting for your credible source to support your statement.........waiting.

I must have missed it, not that it proves my points invalid:

Riley LaChance's Crystal Ball Predictions

If Iowa gets LaChance, Ellingson committing was likely a major swaying factor.

Yeah, Ellingson committing won't hurt chances for LaChance......that wasn't the point. I'll give you some credit for your "crystal ball" sources from Waco, San Diego, etc. but personally I'll take the recent comments of his coach over some sport's bloggers making their crystal ball predictions. You made your statement based on select limited data. You can skew most anything with that approach.

Yeah, Ellingson committing won't hurt chances for LaChance......that wasn't the point. I'll give you some credit for your "crystal ball" sources from Waco, San Diego, etc. but personally I'll take the recent comments of his coach over some sport's bloggers making their crystal ball predictions. You made your statement based on select limited data. You can skew most anything with that approach.

They were both late to the party (MN and Iowa) but some of those predictors carry more weight than others. Jerry Meyer and Evan Flood, for example.

Please...

Mizzou - 3 straight losses in the 2nd Rd of NCAA (of 64...calling it 2nd Rd still seems dumb to me)
Dayton - 2 NIT berths (2011-2012, one loss to Iowa)
Xavier - 2 NCAA berths (2012 Sweet 16 wins over 7 ND, 15 Lehigh; 2011 2nd Rd Loss)

Keep pumping that sunshine

What are you refuting, and of course this is a troll?

It isn't like Fred is pulling in some amazing amount of top 125 kids: 4 in 4 classes now, compared to 3 in 4 classes for Fran.

Take your weak *** trolling back to the Cyturd site.

Last edited:
I don't know about mojo, but this class is off to a bad start. I know I will be criticized for this, but this is not the kind of kid you recruit if you want to make a splash in the Big Ten.

The good news is, Iowa should likely be very good this upcoming season, and that will help tremendously with the 2015 class.

Totally agree!

BTW, Brady is not exactly from "rural" Wisconsin. Hamilton/Sussex plays in the Greater Metro League in the Milwaukee suburbs where he was all conference as a soph and player of the year as a junior. His biggest issue will be putting enough maturity on his body to play BT defense...probably a red shirt year is in his future. The enrollment at HS is 1400.

BTW, Brady is not exactly from "rural" Wisconsin. Hamilton/Sussex plays in the Greater Metro League in the Milwaukee suburbs where he was all conference as a soph and player of the year as a junior. His biggest issue will be putting enough maturity on his body to play BT defense...probably a red shirt year is in his future. The enrollment at HS is 1400.

But he sucks.. look at his offers. If Fred didn't recruit him I don't want him

Please...

What are you refuting, and of course this is a troll?

It isn't like Fred is pulling in some amazing amount of top 125 kids: 4 in 4 classes now, compared to 3 in 4 classes for Fran.

Take your weak *** trolling back to the Cyturd site.

The post about Mizzou, Dayton, and Xavier offers. Dayton hasn't made the tourney in 3 years (as far back as I looked) and Xavier wasn't even recruiting Ellingson according to the 4 big recruiting sites.

The post about Mizzou, Dayton, and Xavier offers. Dayton hasn't made the tourney in 3 years (as far back as I looked) and Xavier wasn't even recruiting Ellingson according to the 4 big recruiting sites.

Gotcha, so coming to the Iowa board and trying to point out that nobody was recruiting him, or the teams that were recruiting him are terrible. So this ISN'T trolling.......rigggghhhhtttttt.

Gotcha, so coming to the Iowa board and trying to point out that nobody was recruiting him, or the teams that were recruiting him are terrible. So this ISN'T trolling.......rigggghhhhtttttt.

Come on guy, Xavier hasn't won a tournament game for like seven decades or something like that, who knows what a decade actually means.

Latest posts