Brady Ellingson Commits to Iowa

Welcome aboard Brady........ If Fran likes you and thinks your good enough then that's good enough for me.

The fact that he shot 48% from 3 last year has me quite a bit more excited about this kid. That's pretty elite level shooting. For comparison, Iowa St recruit Matt Thomas shot 38% in Wisconsin last year.

Ha wow. Hilarious. I will enjoy following both careers. We'll see who has more success. #FallBackRecruiting101

So getting larard means nothing? A good player is a good player, even if they are from in state.

Hoiturd: niang, Thomas, Morris, cluster
Fran: ogelsby, gesell, woody

It isn't like Fred is bringing in that many more top 125 kids than Fran.

So the 26% "sniper" Oglesby is mentioned but fellow top 125 recruit Sherron Dorsey-Walker for ISU isn't. Right. Fran can't get a 4 star kid outside the state of Iowa to save his life just admit it and get it over with.

So the 26% "sniper" Oglesby is mentioned but fellow top 125 recruit Sherron Dorsey-Walker for ISU isn't. Right. Fran can't get a 4 star kid outside the state of Iowa to save his life just admit it and get it over with.

you have to admit that you're so biased that you aren't going to be able to have a rational conversation about this. so, let's deal with that first. then, we'll work on your anger issues. lastly, if the above doesn't work, consider getting better at trolling.

you have to admit that you're so biased that you aren't going to be able to have a rational conversation about this. so, let's deal with that first. then, we'll work on your anger issues. lastly, if the above doesn't work, consider getting better at trolling.

And you have to admit you will never ever win at a high level if this is the best Fran do. Plain and simple. No anger issues here. Kid doesn't strike me as a Division 1 impact player in the slightest. Honest observation.

And you have to admit you will never ever win at a high level if this is the best Fran do. Plain and simple. No anger issues here. Kid doesn't strike me as a Division 1 impact player in the slightest. Honest observation.

i don't think anyone on here expects him to start ever, just be a good shooter off the bench. honest observation.

Time to get over yourself......honest observation.....I have a feeling this guy will be better than what you think...honest observation.......move on to something else......are you still butt hurt b/c we didn't get Ulis?

Time to get over yourself......honest observation.....I have a feeling this guy will be better than what you think...honest observation.......move on to something else......are you still butt hurt b/c we didn't get Ulis?

he's not a Hawk fan. he's a clone. that's the problem right there.

And you think Hoiturd is winning at a high level? Seriously, he hasn't won his conference and yeah he has made a couple of NCAA tournaments, but anyone with close to double digit wins in non-conference can go to the NCAA tournament when playing in the Big 12. What is your point, I honestly don't think any Iowa college can win at a 'high' level period. It will take a lot for ISU/Iowa to ever become a team that is a threat to be an Elite 8 team more than two years in a row.

If you want to hang your hat on a couple of NCAA tourney bids in a short period that is fine. I am so thrilled that Fred can get a couple top 150 kids out of state because he can't get any inside the state, but that doesn't matter though.

If you haven't seen him play live, how can you truly judge?

Thanks so much for your 'honest' observation but I am much more interested in your dishonest one.

So a 4* out of state kid is better than a 4* in state kid? Hey take a look at my/your sig. How good is that ISU football team foreverdouche?

Wanna make a bet that Niang doesn't avg. 18 PPG this season? Wanna make a bet on who has a higher seed in the NCAA tourney this year? Well that is if ISU even manages to make the tourney.

And you think Hoiturd is winning at a high level? Seriously, he hasn't won his conference and yeah he has made a couple of NCAA tournaments, but anyone with close to double digit wins in non-conference can go to the NCAA tournament when playing in the Big 12. What is your point, I honestly don't think any Iowa college can win at a 'high' level period. It will take a lot for ISU/Iowa to ever become a team that is a threat to be an Elite 8 team more than two years in a row.

If you want to hang your hat on a couple of NCAA tourney bids in a short period that is fine. I am so thrilled that Fred can get a couple top 150 kids out of state because he can't get any inside the state, but that doesn't matter though.

If you haven't seen him play live, how can you truly judge?

First off, were you not around when Iowa State was back-to-back #2 seeds in 2000 & 2001? Heck your own Hawks were a #3 seed not all that long ago. Why in the world you don't think an Iowa team can compete at the highest level is beyond me. Iowa State was a controversial call away from making a serious run last year in Fred's third year. Deny that all you want but it is the truth. I'd consider the above examples competing at a pretty D high level. All it takes to compete at the highest level is 2-3 big time recruits. ISU with Fizer and Tinsley. Iowa with Horner and Brunner. That's my point. I'd be worried if these recruits are becoming the norm in Iowa City.

First off, were you not around when Iowa State was back-to-back #2 seeds in 2000 & 2001? Heck your own Hawks were a #3 seed not all that long ago. Why in the world you don't think an Iowa team can compete at the highest level is beyond me. Iowa State was a controversial call away from making a serious run last year in Fred's third year. Deny that all you want but it is the truth. I'd consider the above examples competing at a pretty D high level. All it takes to compete at the highest level is 2-3 big time recruits. ISU with Fizer and Tinsley. Iowa with Horner and Brunner. That's my point. I'd be worried if these recruits are becoming the norm in Iowa City.

You're not wrong, but we're going to be better than you for the next two seasons. I would wait to see what kind of hay Fran can make with that before you start sounding the sirens.

Here's how good ForeverClueless is at predictions.... his post from awhile back regarding football.

"Ha ha congrats you had a better three year span. Iowa State has had the better two year span. Iowa State had the better year last year. What's your point? After this year ISU will probably have the better three year span including 3-0 vs. Iowa."

I like how you left probably in there... because deep down you probably knew that your beloved Cyclones were gonna royally suck.

Wow. In the past few years the team you're boasting has lost twice to Minnesota. A humiliating loss to Indiana with 500 people in the stands. A loss in your own stadium to...is it...Central Michigan? I've never heard of them. Not to mention back-to-back losses to the team you are discussing above including a loss this year in your home stadium.

Good reason for ISU football fans to be excited. At least they don't have recent humiliating losses to the likes of Minnesota, Central Michigan and Indiana and are making post-season appearances. Not to mention lost the past two to ISU and travel to Ames this year with a starting QB who has taken zero snaps under center.

I'll be ready for another one of these post-game scripted lines from Ferentz this year with zero passion or fire: "Give credit to Central Michigan they're a tremendous ball club all the credit goes to them." Ferentz is an incredible coach and I respect what he has done in Iowa City but G D at least Rhoads doesn't let Directional Michigan school walk into his house and act like a loss is acceptable. I love CPR's fire and would not trade it for anything. A little of that is sorely needed in Iowa City right now. That's my opinion as a fan who likes to see successful programs in the state.

Ummm Cyclones got pushed around by UNI on their home field in front of their home crowd. Gave up damn near 200 yards rushing to one player. Your argument is officially no longer valid and neither is your credibility. Get outta here son.

Here's how good ForeverClueless is at predictions.... his post from awhile back regarding football.

"Ha ha congrats you had a better three year span. Iowa State has had the better two year span. Iowa State had the better year last year. What's your point? After this year ISU will probably have the better three year span including 3-0 vs. Iowa."

I like how you left probably in there... because deep down you probably knew that your beloved Cyclones were gonna royally suck.

Wow. In the past few years the team you're boasting has lost twice to Minnesota. A humiliating loss to Indiana with 500 people in the stands. A loss in your own stadium to...is it...Central Michigan? I've never heard of them. Not to mention back-to-back losses to the team you are discussing above including a loss this year in your home stadium.

Good reason for ISU football fans to be excited. At least they don't have recent humiliating losses to the likes of Minnesota, Central Michigan and Indiana and are making post-season appearances. Not to mention lost the past two to ISU and travel to Ames this year with a starting QB who has taken zero snaps under center.

I'll be ready for another one of these post-game scripted lines from Ferentz this year with zero passion or fire: "Give credit to Central Michigan they're a tremendous ball club all the credit goes to them." Ferentz is an incredible coach and I respect what he has done in Iowa City but G D at least Rhoads doesn't let Directional Michigan school walk into his house and act like a loss is acceptable. I love CPR's fire and would not trade it for anything. A little of that is sorely needed in Iowa City right now. That's my opinion as a fan who likes to see successful programs in the state.

Ummm Cyclones got pushed around by UNI on their home field in front of their home crowd. Gave up damn near 200 yards rushing to one player. Your argument is officially no longer valid and neither is your credibility. Get outta here son.

I was wondering if Forever would have the balls to come back and post after all the DERP he spread before the football season. Just like an ISU troll though, move onto the next sport, when you suck at the one that is currently in season. I have a feeling it would be pretty troll free around here when Iowa beats ISU in Lames again in Dec.

My favorite quote of his is my sig. The funny thing about it, is this year the Big12 sucks balls, and ISU is still #9 or #10 in that ball sucking conference.

With Paw Rhoads proving to be the paper tiger we Hawk fans predicted, the Clowns are putting all their eggs in Freddie's basket. It will be hilarious to watch their meltdown when their favorite hoop team tanks this year.

Latest posts