Brady Ellingson Commits to Iowa

And blind pessimism is better?

Which makes more sense? Trusting Fran who has proven he can take under the radar guys and either spot the talent, or develop the talent (Marble, White, Olesani, Clemmons, Jok)......or trusting some internet posters who have seen a couple highlight videos.

I'm pretty sure most sane people will trust a head coach who actually does this for a living, not some dude in an office, basement, or library posting n the internet. :rolleyes:

it's a maintenance closet

berkenpas and macausland were good guys to have on the bench -- if you had penetrators to kick to them. a healthy lusk or hogan would be a great option against a zone.

the absence of glowing enthusiasm does not necessarily indicate the presence of pessimism

First of all, Clone fans are really dumb. Second of all, Xavier has made 5 sweet 16's in the last decade, four since 2008. Imagine how much circle jerking you Clone fans would be doing if you had made one sweet 16 in that time period. Third, it's extremely ironic for a Clone fan to call out us for "pumping that sunshine". #momentum, #quietconfidence

Forgive me for my spelling mistake which was clearly the most important part of the post. My bad for reading "past few years" as in the past few years, not past decade. More apologies sir. As for me "pumping that sunshine", Fred has not given me any reason not to, agree?

If your recent memory is a little cloudy, here is a little reminder, you might recognize these guys:
Josh Cunningham - Yahoo! Sports
Rashad Vaughn - Yahoo! Sports
And just for S's & G's:
Georges Niang - Yahoo! Sports

I edited the post for you so you can focus on the facts.

First of all, Clone fans are really dumb. Second of all, Xavier has made 5 sweet 16's in the last decade, four since 2008. Imagine how much circle jerking you Clone fans would be doing if you had made one sweet 16 in that time period. Third, it's extremely ironic for a Clone fan to call out us for "pumping that sunshine". #momentum, #quietconfidence

Actually, scratch my last post, I just looked at Rivals, Scout, ESPN and 247 and none of them offered? They don't even list him?

Forgive me for my spelling mistake which was clearly the most important part of the post. My bad for reading "past few years" as in the past few years, not past decade. More apologies sir. As for me "pumping that sunshine", Fred has not given me any reason not to, agree?

If your recent memory is a little cloudy, here is a little reminder, you might recognize these guys:
Josh Cunningham - Yahoo! Sports
Rashad Vaughn - Yahoo! Sports
And just for S's & G's:
Georges Niang - Yahoo! Sports

I edited the post for you so you can focus on the facts.

Yeah past few years = four sweet 16's since 2008. Still failing there. And you do realize you're linking to two guys who aren't committed to ISU yet right? Let me know when they actually sign.

And if we're talking about top 100 players just for S&G's
Adam Woodbury - Yahoo! Sports
Mike Gesell - Yahoo! Sports

And both those guys are currently undefeated against ISU.

"He's like Matt Thomas except not nearly as good." - Cyclown fan post on their circle jerk site.

Interesting considering their "future All-American Fred Hoiberg clone" (Cylone fans quote) shot 38% from 3 and Ellingson shot 48% from 3. Both from Wisconsin.

Okay Clown fans, you don't like facts so go ahead and twist facts to your benefit...

Yeah past few years = four sweet 16's since 2008. Still failing there. And you do realize you're linking to two guys who aren't committed to ISU yet right? Let me know when they actually sign.

And if we're talking about top 100 players just for S&G's
Adam Woodbury - Yahoo! Sports
Mike Gesell - Yahoo! Sports

And both those guys are currently undefeated against ISU.

Lifelong Hawks are hard to convert, let me know when you win one outside the state (yes Gesell is from NE). Past few years can mean a lot of things and I didn't want to waste all day on it, just checking out a claim, but instead of arguing about nothing, seem my above post.

It's going to be extremely disappointing for ISU fans when Iowa beats them in Hilton this year. They've already given up on football two games into the season and are putting all their #momentum into basketball already.

"He's like Matt Thomas except not nearly as good." - Cyclown fan post on their circle jerk site.

Interesting considering their "future All-American Fred Hoiberg clone" (Cylone fans quote) shot 38% from 3 and Ellingson shot 48% from 3. Both from Wisconsin.

Okay Clown fans, you don't like facts so go ahead and twist facts to your benefit...

You're really going to argue that a 4* star consensus top 100 player is not better than a consensus unranked 3*? With offers from BC, Creighton, Marquette, MN, NE, NW, Virginia, WI compared to one from Mizzou? Not to mention Thomas committed 3 and a half months before in the recruiting cycle before the summer period began, therefore losing out at a shot of even more offers?

You're really going to argue that a 4* star consensus top 100 player is not better than a consensus unranked 3*? With offers from BC, Creighton, Marquette, MN, NE, NW, Virginia, WI compared to one from Mizzou? Not to mention Thomas committed 3 and a half months before in the recruiting cycle before the summer period began, therefore losing out at a shot of even more offers?

Thomas' highlight reel does feature even more sweet layups than Ellingsons'.

Find a definition of past few years and get back to me, thanks.

We were absolutely terrible and his brother is named after Michael Jordan. He was a lifelong UNC fan as well. Really, this is the best you got?

LOL now that Ghost is back on the board, you really should ask for some tips on trolling. You're not good at it.

Lifelong Hawks are hard to convert, let me know when you win one outside the state (yes Gesell is from NE). Past few years can mean a lot of things and I didn't want to waste all day on it, just checking out a claim, but instead of arguing about nothing, seem my above post.

So getting larard means nothing? A good player is a good player, even if they are from in state.

Hoiturd: niang, Thomas, Morris, cluster
Fran: ogelsby, gesell, woody

It isn't like Fred is bringing in that many more top 125 kids than Fran.

LOL now that Ghost is back on the board, you really should ask for some tips on trolling. You're not good at it.

When you can't argue that this recruit is good, argue about the definition of past few years and the success of Xavier who didn't even offer the kid (or recruit him that I can tell), got it. Also, point out that old Roy stole another great recruit from the state of Iowa when both in-state schools sucked.

When you can't argue that this recruit is good, argue about the definition of past few years and the success of Xavier who didn't even offer the kid (or recruit him that I can tell), got it. Also, point out that old Roy stole another great recruit from the state of Iowa when both in-state schools sucked.

Looks who's talking. If you come around just to troll, you are gonna get trolled back. Come talk some **** when u have actually beaten Iowa in something in the last year....

STARS MEAN EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aaron White, Devyn Marble, Anthony Clemmons were all 2* or below. So you're probably right, stars mean everything.

Probably shouldn't get to excited about your "future All-American Fred Hoiberg clone" (multiple Clone fan's quotes) because he's either going to get replaced by a transfer and get his scholarship yanked or transfer like 60% of Hoiberg's high school recruits have.

Looks who's talking. If you come around just to troll, you are gonna get trolled back. Come talk some **** when u have actually beaten Iowa in something in the last year....

They beat Iowa in volleyball, so they've got that going for them.

Latest posts