Brady Ellingson Commits to Iowa

Too many wins to be had on Iowa State's sched this year. If there was a good year to have a really shallow league this is the year. Oklahoma state and ku will provide plenty of intrigue in the big 12 this year and there will be a lot of eyes on the league... However Iowa State IMO should win. 75% of the games against tcu, tech, ou, ut, wvu, bu, and ksu. I expect a sweep of ut, tcu, and tech. That's 10-11 games right there in league play. Noncon is tough enough. It might be 50/50 for Iowa State but I would be disappointed if they didn't get in. I do think they will be on the bubble and expect no more than an 11 or 12 seed.

And yes, this is the transition year, but there will always be jucos and transfers. Always.

White was a risk that turned into a home run for ISU. The other four transfers (Clyburn, Allen, Luscious, and Babb) were pretty much exactly the same player they were at the previous school.

Clyburn's offensive rating his last year at Utah was 107.6, it was 107.5 at ISU. Chris Babb's offensive rating his last year at Penn St was 112.5 it was 111.4 his first year at ISU. Allen's offensive rating his last two years at MSU was 101.4 and 109.8, it was 101.8 his yeat at ISU.

Hoiberg has done a great job of picking up talent, but none of these players have shown much improvement under Hoiberg. They were already solid players before they came to ISU.

What's your point? Since when were we talking about Hoiberg's ability to develop players? All I've said is that he's got an eye for talent and an insanely smart basketball mind that knows how to run an offense that gets the most out of those players. Those of you poo-pooing the guys he's got coming in this year are just setting yourselves up to look like clowns when they make the tournament again. ESPECIALLY if we're sitting on our hands or playing in some worthless NIT.

Focus on US.

Top 50....that means one of the top 50 kids, not one of the top 54 kids, or one of the top 58 kids, but top 50. I didn't know I had to explain what top 50 meant????

This is a top 50 kid: Scout.com: Adam Woodbury Profile
Adam Woodbury - Yahoo! Sports

Here are top 100 kids: Monte Morris - Yahoo! Sports
Georges Niang - Yahoo! Sports
Mike Gesell - Yahoo! Sports

Here are top 125 kids: Josh Oglesby - Yahoo! Sports
Sherron Dorsey-Walker - Yahoo! Sports

If you think SDG, Morris and Thomas come in game ready like Allen, Scotty, White, Lucious, Clyburn, McGee, and Babb, then I'm not sure it is worth my time explaining it to you.......just like ISU football the hard cold facts will become self evident during the season.

What's your point? Since when were we talking about Hoiberg's ability to develop players? All I've said is that he's got an eye for talent and an insanely smart basketball mind that knows how to run an offense that gets the most out of those players. Those of you poo-pooing the guys he's got coming in this year are just setting yourselves up to look like clowns when they make the tournament again. ESPECIALLY if we're sitting on our hands or playing in some worthless NIT.

Focus on US.

Hoiberg's offense hasn't gotten any more out of his transfers than their previous coaches did, as I just showed you. And I'm still waiting for you to back your silly statement that Marble didn't show drastic growth between his freshman and sophomore years.

Top 50....that means one of the top 50 kids, not one of the top 54 kids, or one of the top 58 kids, but top 50. I didn't know I had to explain what top 50 meant????

This is a top 50 kid: Scout.com: Adam Woodbury Profile
Adam Woodbury - Yahoo! Sports

Here are top 100 kids: Monte Morris - Yahoo! Sports
Georges Niang - Yahoo! Sports
Mike Gesell - Yahoo! Sports

Here are top 125 kids: Josh Oglesby - Yahoo! Sports
Sherron Dorsey-Walker - Yahoo! Sports

If you think SDG, Morris and Thomas come in game ready like Allen, Scotty, White, Lucious, Clyburn, McGee, and Babb, then I'm not sure it is worth my time explaining it to you.......just like ISU football the hard cold facts will become self evident during the season.

"Those FR are FR, they are not kids who have all played starter minutes for D1 schools, there is a learning curve. You have a few nice recruits, but lets not confuse them with the Vaughn's or the world, or even top 50 kids. They are all like 80-125 kids. "

Hoiberg's offense hasn't gotten any more out of his transfers than their previous coaches did, as I just showed you. And I'm still waiting for you to back your silly statement that Marble didn't show drastic growth between his freshman and sophomore years.

Basketball is a team sport, dinkus, and an offense is not simply the sum of its parts. And one thing your cherry-picked stats don't show is the difference in the level of competition. You're simply a fool if you don't think those guys played better at Iowa State in Hoiberg's system. Poo-poo it all you want, but I'd rather not look like a bitter hater and give credit where it's due. If you want to go ahead and pretend that we were the better team last year, feel free, but I'm not.

Color me jealous, I don't care. But I ask again, WHAT DOES OUR SEASON HAVE TO DO WITH THEIRS? We play ONE game against them. One.

"Those FR are FR, they are not kids who have all played starter minutes for D1 schools, there is a learning curve. You have a few nice recruits, but lets not confuse them with the Vaughn's or the world, or even top 50 kids. They are all like 80-125 kids. "

Got me there. I think you know what I mean though. He isn't brining in a Vaughn type that has an instant impact. He is bringing in a Gesell type (who is nice, don't get me wrong), but there are growing pains that you have with FR that you don't have with the Clyburn's, Babb's, etc. that have D1 time under their belts.

Basketball is a team sport, dinkus, and an offense is not simply the sum of its parts. And one thing your cherry-picked stats don't show is the difference in the level of competition. You're simply a fool if you don't think those guys played better at Iowa State in Hoiberg's system. Poo-poo it all you want, but I'd rather not look like a bitter hater and give credit where it's due. If you want to go ahead and pretend that we were the better team last year, feel free, but I'm not.

Color me jealous, I don't care. But I ask again, WHAT DOES OUR SEASON HAVE TO DO WITH THEIRS? We play ONE game against them. One.

Go to the ISU BB boards, they will love you there.

The simple fact is the players were what they were, and everyone knew it. Lucious' and Allen's team was better at Mich. St. than at ISU, because Mich St. is/was better. They performed about the same though. Same can be said of Clyburn, Babb, etc.

Once again, if you can't see the difference between Scotty, White, Allen, Lucious, Babb, Clyburn, and McGee........and the current roster of transfers of Kane (nice player), Hogue, Bluford and Nader (for next year) then you really don't know basketball.

Difference in competition level? Three of those guys came from the B10, how different do you think the competition level is in the B12? LOL

Got me there. I think you know what I mean though. He isn't brining in a Vaughn type that has an instant impact. He is bringing in a Gesell type (who is nice, don't get me wrong), but there are growing pains that you have with FR that you don't have with the Clyburn's, Babb's, etc. that have D1 time under their belts.

The experience won't be there for Thomas and Morris but everyone else has a year under their belt. Our returning frontcourt is great and hopefully Percy has learned to pass the ball by year 3. I'm not expecting great things this year but I do expect a tourney bid. We have a lot of non-con opportunities to get some quality wins. The bottom of the Big 12 is terrible.

And the B12 that sent one team to the sweet sixteen, that was an entirely different level of play? LOL

That's still only three guys, and Kansas + mediocre teams > Ohio State + mediocre teams. You think the WAC or whatever crappy conference Utah was in is vastly superior to the Big 12? What about McGee's JUCO team opponents?

I'm not sure who's Alt he is, but Jermey doesn't pass the smell test. Seems like a ISU troll trying to pass as a Hawk fan.

Not at all. I just think it's ridiculous when our fanbase tries to downplay the success of other teams in order to make it seem like getting blown away in the NIT championship game (to one of those "ho-hum" Big 12 teams) is somehow better than what Iowa State has been able to accomplish.

With that said, I did have an account on Cyclone Fanatic at one time, but was promptly banned by their gestapo moderators for saying something mildly negative about the clownz (about 6-6 seeming like 11-1 in their delusional minds).

With that said, I did have an account on Cyclone Fanatic at one time, but was promptly banned by their gestapo moderators for saying something mildly negative about the clownz (about 6-6 seeming like 11-1 in their delusional minds).

And how many times you been banned from this board, or other Hawkeye boards?

Latest posts