Brady Ellingson Commits to Iowa

Ha wow. Hilarious. I will enjoy following both careers. We'll see who has more success. #FallBackRecruiting101

I've seen Thomas' videos. I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you. He would rank 4th in a comparison that includes the 3 players Babb/Clyburn/lucious. Thomas is a step down from all 3. All 3 of those guys can get to the rim. Thomas can't.

Babb couldn't get to the rim. Well unless he just chose to never do it. Lucious could get there but couldn't finish.

His freshman year Thomas will likely be somebody to spread the floor with his shooting.

Babb couldn't get to the rim. Well unless he just chose to never do it. Lucious could get there but couldn't finish.

His freshman year Thomas will likely be somebody to spread the floor with his shooting.

Ah yes. The sharpshooter who shot a lights out 37 percent against suspect competition.

Or you could point out that we were ranked higher at the end of last season by several ranking systems.

Or you can point out that Iowa was in the NIT and ISU was a last second shot away from the Sweet 16 last year. Not to take anything away from Iowa's NIT run, but Iowa fans need to stop trolling ISU fans making these types of comparisons until Iowa actually starts getting to the NCAA Tournament as well. That said, I think Iowa will be the team who's in the NCAA's this year..

Or you can point out that Iowa was in the NIT and ISU was a last second shot away from the Sweet 16 last year. Not to take anything away from Iowa's NIT run, but Iowa fans need to stop trolling ISU fans making these types of comparisons until Iowa actually starts getting to the NCAA Tournament as well. That said, I think Iowa will be the team who's in the NCAA's this year..
I wish we played in that joke of a conference ISU has. They went 1-6 against ranked teams, and filled up on their cupcake conference schedule. There is no doubt that Iowa was not only a better team early in the season (they proved it), but they were better at the end of the season too.

I've seen Thomas' videos. I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you. He would rank 4th in a comparison that includes the 3 players Babb/Clyburn/lucious. Thomas is a step down from all 3. All 3 of those guys can get to the rim. Thomas can't.

We're comparing Matt Thomas a 6'4" pure shooting guard to a 5'11" PG (Luscious) and a 6'7" slashing forward (Clyburn) why again? Apples and oranges buddy. Extreme different styles of play. We'll just sit back and let Ellingson's and Thomas' careers unfold. We'll talk in a few years.

We're comparing Matt Thomas a 6'4" pure shooting guard to a 5'11" PG (Luscious) and a 6'7" slashing forward (Clyburn) why again? Apples and oranges buddy. Extreme different styles of play. We'll just sit back and let Ellingson's and Thomas' careers unfold. We'll talk in a few years.
Will we? I have a feeling Fred may regret offering Thomas and he'll "leave school for personal reasons" after Fred oversigns two JuCos.

I wish we played in that joke of a conference ISU has. They went 1-6 against ranked teams, and filled up on their cupcake conference schedule. There is no doubt that Iowa was not only a better team early in the season (they proved it), but they were better at the end of the season too.

I'll email Baylor and ask who's better.

Thomas will likely start from day one at Iowa State. I could see him scoring 1500 points in his career.

And it's hilarious to see an iowa fan bring up Iowa State's record against top 25 teams considering Iowa's record last year.

Thomas will likely start from day one at Iowa State. I could see him scoring 1500 points in his career.

And it's hilarious to see an iowa fan bring up Iowa State's record against top 25 teams considering Iowa's record last year.

What is hilarious is to listen to ISU fan say that Iowa only has come good "role players": Marble 3rd team all BIG, White honorable mention all BIG....

All the while they actually think they are filled with "star players" Ejim 3rd team all Big 12 and Niang all big 12 rookie (NOT 1st team, 2nd team, 3rd team or honorable mention all Big 12).

The reality is they LOST All Big 12 performers Clyburn, Lucious, McGee, and Babb.....and Thomas, Morris and Kane AREN'T going to be replacing that kind of production that was lost. ISU fan is completely delusional this season. They actually think they are a better team than Iowa is, which every single publication is going to disagree with.

I think Iowa State will be worse than iowa this season and I don't think Iowa State will be as good as they were last year, but will do well enough to make the tourney.

I think Ellingson fills a need for iowa and will be fine in the black and gold. I do disagree that he is a better prospect than Thomas and every single publication is going to agree with that.

ISU was 2-4 against top 25 teams, Iowa was 1-8. Five of Iowa's eight losses were to teams ranked in the top seven. Neither one of those records is impressive.

Guys, this whole comparing ourselves to ISU thing is just plain STUPID...

It's an apples-to-oranges comparison. We'll be fielding a team that returns all five starters, they're fielding a team that returns two. Our success depends on our existing players' ability to improve, theirs depends on Hoiberg's ability to get three new guys to play well together. I'm optimistic that we'll get better, but we haven't seen drastic year-to-year improvement from any one player under Fran; I think we'll get more wins, but it may have more to do with the Big Ten taking a step back from last year.

Hoiberg's proven that he can take a new team that's never played together to the Big Dance, and he's done it twice in a row now. There's no reason to think that he can't do it again this year, but it's a totally different scenario than what we're facing, so the comparison is just dumb. We need our returning players to improve more than they improved last year, bottom line. Hopefully it happens.

Guys, this whole comparing ourselves to ISU thing is just plain STUPID...

It's an apples-to-oranges comparison. We'll be fielding a team that returns all five starters, they're fielding a team that returns two. Our success depends on our existing players' ability to improve, theirs depends on Hoiberg's ability to get three new guys to play well together. I'm optimistic that we'll get better, but we haven't seen drastic year-to-year improvement from any one player under Fran; I think we'll get more wins, but it may have more to do with the Big Ten taking a step back from last year.

Hoiberg's proven that he can take a new team that's never played together to the Big Dance, and he's done it twice in a row now. There's no reason to think that he can't do it again this year, but it's a totally different scenario than what we're facing, so the comparison is just dumb. We need our returning players to improve more than they improved last year, bottom line. Hopefully it happens.

Really? Marble from freshman year to sophomore year doesn't count?

Latest posts