Brady Ellingson Commits to Iowa

I've never been on this board. I've been a reader for over 2 years, but didn't feel like piling on with all the negativity.

I don't even know what other boards there are.

Sorry dude, but this doesn't pass the smell test. On the board over 2 years, then why is your join date this month? Don't know about other boards, how is that possible if you have posted and been banned on Cyturdfantastic?

Add in a NC thread, and I smell a very big, very dirty (possible of the 30 type) troll.

Sorry dude, but this doesn't pass the smell test. On the board over 2 years, then why is your join date this month? Don't know about other boards, how is that possible if you have posted and been banned on Cyturdfantastic?

Add in a NC thread, and I smell a very big, very dirty (possible of the 30 type) troll.

I smell it too Deano. The stench is strong with this one. Careful Jeremy, you might blow your cover before your 50th post.

Top 50....that means one of the top 50 kids, not one of the top 54 kids, or one of the top 58 kids, but top 50. I didn't know I had to explain what top 50 meant????

This is a top 50 kid: Scout.com: Adam Woodbury Profile
Adam Woodbury - Yahoo! Sports

Here are top 100 kids: Monte Morris - Yahoo! Sports
Georges Niang - Yahoo! Sports
Mike Gesell - Yahoo! Sports

Here are top 125 kids: Josh Oglesby - Yahoo! Sports
Sherron Dorsey-Walker - Yahoo! Sports

If you think SDG, Morris and Thomas come in game ready like Allen, Scotty, White, Lucious, Clyburn, McGee, and Babb, then I'm not sure it is worth my time explaining it to you.......just like ISU football the hard cold facts will become self evident during the season.

ISU will struggle in the early season against the good teams with those young players but they've done the same the last 2 years while assimilating the "new" more experienced players that you mentioned. This team will look bad at times early in the year but by the end of the year will be a very dangerous team, barring injuries. Similar to the last couple of the years, frankly.

Where are all of these crazy expectations from clone fans about this season? The general consensus I get is everybody would just like to get in to the tourney. Clone fans expect to win every home game but assume they will lose a few. How is this unreasonable based on the last few years?

Where are all of these crazy expectations from clone fans about this season? The general consensus I get is everybody would just like to get in to the tourney. Clone fans expect to win every home game but assume they will lose a few. How is this unreasonable based on the last few years?

Just basing off the stuff I see at CF, the clone fans are fairly reasonable when talking about their own team for this year but when it comes to judging Iowa's team this year it gets ridiculous.

wow.....this thread is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo worthless. Iowa beat ISU last year...SCOREBOARD! Suck it and go back to fanatic. Debate over I win. BAM

Just basing off the stuff I see at CF, the clone fans are fairly reasonable when talking about their own team for this year but when it comes to judging Iowa's team this year it gets ridiculous.

Fran has never had a player get drafted an no player has ever improved while being coached by Fran. Iowa's ceiling is the NIT.

Our football team sucks but it's young, we're going to be soo much better next year! We have to be better just because we're bringing so many people back

/CyFan

Fran has never had a player get drafted an no player has ever improved while being coached by Fran. Iowa's ceiling is the NIT.

Our football team sucks but it's young, we're going to be soo much better next year! We have to be better just because we're bringing so many people back

/CyFan

ummm yeah, pretty much.

That I do agree with.

That I do agree with.

I had the nerve to suggest that Iowa might win at Hilton. That didn't go over well. Early in the year I like Iowa against lots of teams with new parts. I put KU in that mix as well. You don't want to play KU later in the year but Iowa may get them early enough.

What is so hard to understand about someone who follows the board for a while but doesn't sign up? Reading comprehension, man...I've been a reader for 2+ years; I signed up a few weeks ago (after we beat the clownz).

I've never been on this board. I've been a reader for over 2 years, but didn't feel like piling on with all the negativity.

I don't even know what other boards there are.

You're on Cyclone Fanatic? Can you ask them why I was banned over there? The official reason says "Duplicate of rebecacy" and I have absolutely no clue what that means, but I think the real reason is because I said that 6-6 is mediocre.

You're on Cyclone Fanatic? Can you ask them why I was banned over there? The official reason says "Duplicate of rebecacy" and I have absolutely no clue what that means, but I think the real reason is because I said that 6-6 is mediocre.

so that's who you are. Your actual account banned over here as well?

I had the nerve to suggest that Iowa might win at Hilton. That didn't go over well. Early in the year I like Iowa against lots of teams with new parts. I put KU in that mix as well. You don't want to play KU later in the year but Iowa may get them early enough.

Now granted I don't read many threads over there, and it is probably the case I am just noticing the crazies more than the rest of them. I haven't seen anyone who doesn't think they are a NCAA tourney team, and to suggest at all that Iowa is a better team, or might win in Hilton is outright blasphemy as Cydkar said.

We're comparing Matt Thomas a 6'4" pure shooting guard to a 5'11" PG (Luscious) and a 6'7" slashing forward (Clyburn) why again? Apples and oranges buddy. Extreme different styles of play. We'll just sit back and let Ellingson's and Thomas' careers unfold. We'll talk in a few years.

I'm not suggesting Ellingson will be a major contributor for Iowa. I am suggesting that Thomas won't be a major contributor for ISU either. As for comparing Thomas to those guys, it really doesnt matter which of the 3 spots vacated, that you think Thomas will play. He won't be as good as any one of those players. He won't replace the production of any one of those players, no matter where he plays.

Thomas will likely start from day one at Iowa State. I could see him scoring 1500 points in his career.

And it's hilarious to see an iowa fan bring up Iowa State's record against top 25 teams considering Iowa's record last year.

I think Thomas will start from day one as well. That's a problem for Fred. That's a sign that the current ISU team is not near as good as the previous 2.

Basketball is a team sport, dinkus, and an offense is not simply the sum of its parts. And one thing your cherry-picked stats don't show is the difference in the level of competition. You're simply a fool if you don't think those guys played better at Iowa State in Hoiberg's system. Poo-poo it all you want, but I'd rather not look like a bitter hater and give credit where it's due. If you want to go ahead and pretend that we were the better team last year, feel free, but I'm not.

Color me jealous, I don't care. But I ask again, WHAT DOES OUR SEASON HAVE TO DO WITH THEIRS? We play ONE game against them. One.

Another ISU fan on here. Is there no end to it? Go hug it out with the rest of the Cyclone fans on your ISU board. It wouldn't be quite so bad if you had any idea what you were talking about.

I will take a 50/50 shot at the Big Dance in a rebuilding year all day, every day. Out of curiosity, what do you think Iowa's percentage is this year?

I think 50-50 for ISU is about right...with a lean toward them making it due to a down Big 12. I put the hawks at 95% this year.

Latest posts