Brady Ellingson Commits to Iowa

Another ISU fan on here. Is there no end to it? Go hug it out with the rest of the Cyclone fans on your ISU board. It wouldn't be quite so bad if you had any idea what you were talking about.

Look, here's my situation. I've been a Hawkeye fan my entire life, my parents both went and met there, I grew up during the late Fry years after the 90 Rose Bowl team, and watched more games than I can remember at the revered Tweeter's. I went out of state for school, but I've always had allegiance.

I admit that when it comes to basketball, I can find myself cheering for just about any team if they're good enough and fun to watch. I know many of you don't want to admit it, but Iowa State has been just that lately. When they play us, I want us to pound their **** in and beat them by 35 points. What happens the rest of the season, I couldn't care less about, but I'll admit that I watch them in the tournament and I cheer them on. I've done the same thing for many other teams. For whatever reason, basketball just doesn't evoke the hatred of a big rivalry the way that football does. If that means I say nice things about other teams, even the clowns (gasp!), then so be it.

Football, though, I absolutely hate the cow tippers. Nothing, and I mean nothing, makes me happier than seeing them **** down their leg or crow about how "CPR" is the next Bill Snyder even though I can count the number of conference wins he has on two hands. **** them. **** them hard.

I think 50-50 for ISU is about right...with a lean toward them making it due to a down Big 12. I put the hawks at 95% this year.
I think you are right on with the Clones' chances, but high on the Hawks' percentage. I would put them at 75%. Lots of variables in a CBB season.

I smell it too Deano. The stench is strong with this one. Careful Jeremy, you might blow your cover before your 50th post.

Yeah. Definitely a Clown troll. He was easy to turn out. All you had to do was trash the Big 12 basketball teams and he couldn't help himself. Lol.

I think he's a university of phoenix troll...or a Kaplan university hox. They sure are worried about you Germy

Yeah. Definitely a Clown troll. He was easy to turn out. All you had to do was trash the Big 12 basketball teams and he couldn't help himself. Lol.

What? The Big 12 last year was < the Big Ten last year, obviously. But was the Big Ten of 2009-11 > than the Big 12 of 2011-13? It's debatable. I personally think the Big 12 has the edge just because of how good their top teams were. Especially Kansas and Missouri in 2011-12. The Big Ten is more balanced top to bottom, and the bottom of the Big 12 is absolute garbage (TCU, Texas Tech, A&M), but I think the Big 12 gets a slight edge based on how good the top teams were.

My original point though was directed more towards guys like Will Clyburn and Tyus McGee who definitely played in a more difficult league after they transferred. Nobody can say that the WAC or JUCO is better than the Big 12.

What? The Big 12 last year was < the Big Ten last year, obviously. But was the Big Ten of 2009-11 > than the Big 12 of 2011-13? It's debatable. I personally think the Big 12 has the edge just because of how good their top teams were. Especially Kansas and Missouri in 2011-12. The Big Ten is more balanced top to bottom, and the bottom of the Big 12 is absolute garbage (TCU, Texas Tech, A&M), but I think the Big 12 gets a slight edge based on how good the top teams were.

My original point though was directed more towards guys like Will Clyburn and Tyus McGee who definitely played in a more difficult league after they transferred. Nobody can say that the WAC or JUCO is better than the Big 12.

See. You know wayyy too much about where Clown transfers played. What conferences, etc. You have to dumb the foreign squad info down a little bit if you want your cover to hold up. And if you are an Iowa fan, I have to assume you have been to Kinnick. Name some tailgating traditions that non-Iowa fans wouldn't know.
Tell me what the acronym B A T L stands for.

See. You know wayyy too much about where Clown transfers played. What conferences, etc. You have to dumb the foreign squad info down a little bit if you want your cover to hold up. And if you are an Iowa fan, I have to assume you have been to Kinnick. Name some tailgating traditions that non-Iowa fans wouldn't know.

Haha, before I even read BATL, after you said "name a tradition", I was already thinking BIG *** TURKEY LEGS.

That guy "retired" in the last couple of years, didn't he?

What is wrong with knowing where transfers play, does it make you a fan of the opposing team really? Or is one a college basketball junkie and not afraid to show it? The only transfer I didn't know a lot about for ISU was McGee, I said Clyburn would be all-league for ISU, he was a great player at Utah. He was also originally from the Detroit area...ooops does that make me a 'Clod troll?

I love basketball and if I see one of the Transfer U players in their previous lifetime, I will let everyone know. Ooops was I trying too hard to look like I am not a 'Clod fan?

Why is the ISU drivel in this thread about an Iowa commit anyway???????????????????

I think you are right on with the Clones' chances, but high on the Hawks' percentage. I would put them at 75%. Lots of variables in a CBB season.

I rarely go as high as 95% and agree with you on the variables. I went with 95% because Iowa is playing 11 guys...and they can all play. I don't see a weakness. I think the 3 point shooting will improve noticeably but even if it only improves 2% they win more games. Iowa can likely play through 2 and possibly 3 injuries and still win the majority of their games.

I'm always an Iowa basketball fan but I LOVE this team. I don't think this team will win the national championship...BUT they are deep enough and talented enough to make a run if they get hot. It's the 1st time in a long time I've put money on the Hawks...thought 60-1 was too good to pass up on a team that COULD win it all. They're 60-1 for a reason but did I mention that I love this team? I know...some homer and some hyperbole but that's okay every now and then.

I wish we played in that joke of a conference ISU has. They went 1-6 against ranked teams, and filled up on their cupcake conference schedule. There is no doubt that Iowa was not only a better team early in the season (they proved it), but they were better at the end of the season too.

The NCCA basketball committee disagrees with your logic. Please quit posting!

is this thread really still going? let me guess, some ISU fans started chiming in and it is no longer about Brady...right?

I rarely go as high as 95% and agree with you on the variables. I went with 95% because Iowa is playing 11 guys...and they can all play. I don't see a weakness. I think the 3 point shooting will improve noticeably but even if it only improves 2% they win more games. Iowa can likely play through 2 and possibly 3 injuries and still win the majority of their games.

I'm always an Iowa basketball fan but I LOVE this team. I don't think this team will win the national championship...BUT they are deep enough and talented enough to make a run if they get hot. It's the 1st time in a long time I've put money on the Hawks...thought 60-1 was too good to pass up on a team that COULD win it all. They're 60-1 for a reason but did I mention that I love this team? I know...some homer and some hyperbole but that's okay every now and then.
Very well said. Respect.

KenPom is better at actually determining which team is better. Unfortunately, the NCAA Selection Committee is more important, despite being the poorer choice of the two.

Latest posts