Bohannon and jok lost that one

PC and Tierney come to mind right away. Both said we'd be better at PG this year now that Mike is gone and his production would be easy to replace. PC even went as far as saying Mike setting the record for most assists in a season was unimpressive. Apparently if you rip former players on here it's OK but if you criticize a current player you're a troll

I don't think that's hating Mike and either should you. I think both PC and T loved Mike while he played here but think Jordan has as much if not more upside. That's not hating. If I say I loved Matt Gatens but I think Jok is a better shooter does that mean I am hating Matt?

I don't think that's hating Mike and either should you. I think both PC and T loved Mike while he played here but think Jordan has as much if not more upside. That's not hating. If I say I loved Matt Gatens but I think Jok is a better shooter does that mean I am hating Matt?

He said Mike setting a school record was unimpressive and thought we would be better off at the PG this year without him.

He said Mike setting a school record was unimpressive and thought we would be better off at the PG this year without him.

yeah? so? none of that is hating on Mike. You've called Jordan horrible, bad, no potential etc. There's a difference.

yeah? so? none of that is hating on Mike. You've called Jordan horrible, bad, no potential etc. There's a difference.

That is pretty much the definition of hating on Mike. Giving him no credit for setting a school record and then saying we'd be better off once he graduates. I didn't say Jordan is horrible, bad, no potential etc. I said I think he would be a fine role player off the bench but he's not playing very well this year in the role he is in

That is pretty much the definition of hating on Mike. Giving him no credit for setting a school record and then saying we'd be better off once he graduates. I didn't say Jordan is horrible, bad, no potential etc. I said I think he would be a fine role player off the bench but he's not playing very well this year in the role he is in

yeah ok. I loved Mike G, used to defend him until the end of the earth on here during his 4 years ... that said - I think Jordan is gonna be better in the long run. That is NOT hating Mike.

and every other post you put up says "he's bad" on JB... Mike was never bad, I don't think you'll find many posters that say he was.

yeah ok. I loved Mike G, used to defend him until the end of the earth on here during his 4 years ... that said - I think Jordan is gonna be better in the long run. That is NOT hating Mike.

I don't think Jordan will be better but time will tell. I don't ever see him being near as good defensively as Mike was. I hope I'm wrong

I never said you hated on Mike, I said other posters did and have

I don't think Jordan will be better but time will tell. I don't ever see him being near as good defensively as Mike was. I hope I'm wrong

I agree with you - i don't think he will be either, that certainly looks to be one of his shortcomings. But he can get better at it. He can be serviceable. Every player has a weakness in his game. Mike did too. Every player in America has something they don't do well, especially at this level. That doesn't make any of them bad. The only person that has hated on anyone in this Jbo vs Mike discussion that NEVER ends is you, because you say things like "he's bad" or "he's horrible" or that he'll never be a B1G caliber pg, which IMO he's already proven he can be.

I agree with you - i don't think he will be either, that certainly looks to be one of his shortcomings. But he can get better at it. He can be serviceable. Every player has a weakness in his game. Mike did too. Every player in America has something they don't do well, especially at this level. That doesn't make any of them bad. The only person that has hated on anyone in this Jbo vs Mike discussion that NEVER ends is you, because you say things like "he's bad" or "he's horrible" or that he'll never be a B1G caliber pg, which IMO he's already proven he can be.

I never said he's horrible, I thought he'd struggle this year and he has so far.

I never said he's horrible, I thought he'd struggle this year and he has so far.

I think the consensus has been that he would struggle, he's a freshman PG? They all do. A lot of peeps thought there wouldn't be a huge drop off because for as good as Mike was, he never really got to the elite status with all parts of his game. Mike had a better supporting cast last season than Jordan has this season. I don't get why we we're all still talking about this.

I think the consensus has been that he would struggle, he's a freshman PG? They all do. A lot of peeps thought there wouldn't be a huge drop off because for as good as Mike was, he never really got to the elite status with all parts of his game. Mike had a better supporting cast last season than Jordan has this season. I don't get why we we're all still talking about this.

There seems to be three groups of people, the group that thought he'd be better than Mike was (PC and Tierney), the group that thinks he isn't struggling this year and actually playing well this year (everyone but me) and me who thinks he's struggled this year

He's struggled - but over all, played better than I expected. He's been thrust into the roll of starting PG ready or not. I can't put that all on him. Fran has got the best players he could with the hand he was dealt. We wanted to win asap - so he rode Mike and Sapp, now he's going to do the same with Jordan. I can't believe you don't see any upside to his play this season. He's shown glimpses of being a very good scorer and some of his passing into the post looks great. He's shown promise but has looked lost out there too.

He's struggled - but over all, played better than I expected. He's been thrust into the roll of starting PG ready or not. I can't put that all on him. Fran has got the best players he could with the hand he was dealt. We wanted to win asap - so he rode Mike and Sapp, now he's going to do the same with Jordan. I can't believe you don't see any upside to his play this season. He's shown glimpses of being a very good scorer and some of his passing into the post looks great. He's shown promise but has looked lost out there too.

I agree with this. His struggles aren't his fault, it is actually on Fran. I just don't think he's good enough to be in the role he's in but we have no other options.

Clearly? What does he do on the court that demonstrates this? I get SSS and all but he made those 2 huge mistakes in that game and countless others. Granted he is a freshman that makes freshman mistakes but I'd love to know what you are seeing that can say "Bohannon clearly has a much higher basketball IQ". I mean this may end up being true but I can't see how anybody can give that assessment based on what we've seen so far.

BTW, just to clarify I'm not a Bohannon hater but I see him as a SG.

I'm not going to list all of the reasons I think his basketball IQ is higher because it's obvious to me. But I will give a couple.

When he drives to the basket there aren't 3 bigger guys waiting to defend his shot. And he doesn't drive to the basket every time the shot clock is winding down. Sometimes he takes a 3. Sometimes he passes to an open teammate.

His assist to turnover ratio is just over 2 to 1. Gesell's was just over 1.5 to 1 as a freshman.

Note - I also like that he can get the ball to a post player. It seems like it has been years since Iowa had a guard that could get the ball inside. And I like that he can make free throws...88.5%. I think he can play SG but love him as a PG.

This.

I'm not going to list all of the reasons I think his basketball IQ is higher because it's obvious to me. But I will give a couple.

When he drives to the basket there aren't 3 bigger guys waiting to defend his shot.
And he doesn't drive to the basket every time the shot clock is winding down. Sometimes he takes a 3. Sometimes he passes to an open teammate.

His assist to turnover ratio is just over 2 to 1. Gesell's was just over 1.5 to 1 as a freshman.

Note - I also like that he can get the ball to a post player. It seems like it has been years since Iowa had a guard that could get the ball inside. And I like that he can make free throws...88.5%. I think he can play SG but love him as a PG.

Bohannon rarely drives to the hoop because he isn't quick enough to get by his defender.

so he already understands his limits better than Mike ever did? (this is not hating on Mike)

Mike shot 43.2% from 2pt range in his career at Iowa. He wasn't near as bad as he's made out to be. To compare Marble shot 44.7% from 2 pt range in his career at Iowa

Mike shot 43.2% from 2pt range in his career at Iowa. He wasn't near as bad as he's made out to be. To compare Marble shot 44.7% from 2 pt range in his career at Iowa

All 2 pointers are not driving to basket. Mike got denied routinely - he also flushed a few too - doubt we see Jordan doing any of that. All I can say about Jordan is that he's crafty with his lay ins because he knows he has to be.

Latest posts