Bohannon and jok lost that one

People blaming Bohannon or any player for a loss is ridiculous. Did you guys not watch Bohannon against Michigan? Do we win that game with out him??? I liked Gesell, but give me Bohannon any day of the week...We are a young team folks. We start 4 freshman. They are going to make mistakes and hopefully they learn from these close games and it will pay off down the road. This is the most exciting product I have seen on the basketball floor at Iowa in a LONG time. If you cant see that, I feel sorry for you!

People blaming Bohannon or any player for a loss is ridiculous. Did you guys not watch Bohannon against Michigan? Do we win that game with out him??? I liked Gesell, but give me Bohannon any day of the week...We are a young team folks. We start 4 freshman. They are going to make mistakes and hopefully they learn from these close games and it will pay off down the road. This is the most exciting product I have seen on the basketball floor at Iowa in a LONG time. If you cant see that, I feel sorry for you!

Did you not watch Bohannon against Nebraska?

Jobo hit a huge bucket in OT that should have won us the game - if I had a complaint it would be that Fran sat him too much last night

Jobo hit a huge bucket in OT that should have won us the game - if I had a complaint it would be that Fran sat him too much last night

He played 40 minutes and was 1-6 from the floor in OT's. Don't think you can criticize Fran for that

At times I get concerned that Jok drifts off into his own world of working towards impressing for the NBA...which ends up hurting the team. Case in point...last night.

Webster played 49 minutes and Jok went at him nearly every time down the court and he managed to stay in the game - my biggest complaint about last night.

I just don't understand the point. Nebraska had like 4 guys back on defense and Moss was the only Iowa player up there.

Jok hit some big shots but he made a ton of boneheaded plays. He had 5 TOs and the play at the end of regulation was inexecusable as well. His laziness gets really frustrating sometimes (as did JU's last year).

If he keeps playing the way he has in the 1H of our two Big10 road games, expect to see a few more blowouts. We're lucky Moss kept us in it.

I don't think it's laziness... Jok is just being asked to do a lot. He was on Webster most of the game and I think Webster is their leading scorer. He's picked up on the rebounding and his D is much improved.

Jok is the reason the game was close to begin with - we don't make up 34 points without him.
Your right about holding for the last shot, but that has just as much to do with coaching. Speaking of coaching, how about those timeouts. I assume they can be redeemed for a 'Franimal'.

There is a huge difference between the hard fought close game we lost last night and the countless games we gave away in the past. In previous years, in the last 2 minutes of a game, we would make multiple bone headed plays and zero clutch plays. Last night (which was 3 last 2 minutes) we made a couple bone headed plays and multiple clutch plays.

Even in close games in the past that we won, it was more about the other team screwing up more than it was about us taking the game. The North Carolina game comes to mind. Gesell made one clutch play, but other than that, it was all about who could screw up worse.

There were a handful of bad plays last night but there will always be those. What we need to avoid are the horrible ones. Those are what killed us in the past. In 3 end of game situations plus the one against Michigan, we had exactly one horrible play. The full court pass by Jok. In 4 chances last year we would probably have around 10.

I agree, seeing a great game, Jok had 34, but we lose, that's why we are upset/pissed. Fran's player rotation and use of timeouts is mind boggling. 15 seconds left and we rush down the court and chuck a 3 up. 8 seconds left we run down and Ellingson shoots a fade away 3. 2 frustration plays that decided the game

Ellingson trying a 3 just to get to another overtime didn't decide the game. Whenever you're down 3 with under 10 seconds left, you can't say that play decided the game. If we were down 2 it would make a little more sense because the 3 would be for the win. But to say a game tying attempt cost us the game makes no sense at all.

I think bohannon and jok are great players.

Discussion about how the game was lost is just that. Without finding a problem there is no solution.

Saying we lost because of what the other team did is a losers mentality.

If you can't read a slight bit of criticism then you should steer clear of the internet.

A lot of times those who were responsible for winning are also responsible for losing. It goes with the territory.

Maybe I'm wrong but I thought Fran actually used most of his timeouts last night.

While AT the game - it seemed to me like he used a ton of them - I don't know how many he held on to, but couldn't have been many. He took a couple that sucked the life out of that building in some key spots IMO

While AT the game - it seemed to me like he used a ton of them - I don't know how many he held on to, but couldn't have been many. He took a couple that sucked the life out of that building in some key spots IMO

I saw at one point late in double ot, we had 1 left. I can't remember if they give you more on ot or not. He may have even used it when the last guy shot free throws which would mean he had zero left. I'm not for sure.

The game went to double OT right? This team played how many freshmen? Say what you want about the situational plays at the end of regulation and the OTs. There were lots of other plays too you could criticize all game long. One could pull their hair out trying to do that. I thought it was too bad Cook got in foul trouble. If he'd had been able to play big mins earlier in game he clearly could have made a bigger impact on the game too. I wasn't happy with how they made mistakes either. Joks been prone to those his whole career. I wasn't surprised. I was disappointed but not surprised by them. That said the dude kept us in the game too... Moss once the light goes off for him and he puts a whole game together look out..

Might want to re-think your position here. Anyone who says that an individual player lost a game in which 180+ points were scored in double overtime certainly does not understand basketball. But, if it makes you feel better to blame someone, go for it.

How about the punter in the mi vs MSU game last year?

Sorry society has made you so soft that it hurts you to think that someone is responsible.

Jok and bohannon are winners. I think they would look back and understand. You can only get better by finding what went wrong.

I still don't understand posts like this. Is it against the rules in college to call a play from the bench or do you have to take a timeout? These 3 end of game situations had quite a few clutch plays and a handful of ugly plays on both sides.

I know message boards are always negative after a loss but I was actually surprised to get on here and see blame thrown around after that game.

Well, if Fran called a play from the bench it sure as heck did not work.