Bohannon and jok lost that one

All 2 pointers are not driving to basket. Mike got denied routinely - he also flushed a few too - doubt we see Jordan doing any of that. All I can say about Jordan is that he's crafty with his lay ins because he knows he has to be.

If Mike was a bad shooter and wasn't effective driving to the basket how did he score?

If Mike was a bad shooter and wasn't effective driving to the basket how did he score?

He didn't? Mike didn't have a single 20+ pt game until his senior year, Jordan already has 2 of those. By the time Mike was a senior he made better decisions driving at the hoop IMO. He got rejected a lot, lost the ball or had no idea what to do with it once he got down there and would hope to draw a foul, and for a guard, his FT shooting was not great.

Mike averaged right around 7 attempts a game and made 3 of them per
Jordan so far is averaging about 8 attempts and making just under 3 of them per.

So all this is about 1 shot a game. I'll give you that he's not as quick, athletic or as good on D as Mike, but what he lacks in that is going to be made up in offense and his assists are on pace to shatter what Mike had. If he can learn to be serviceable on D he's going to end up as good if not better than Mike ever was.

Who hates Mike?

life.jpg

I'm not going to list all of the reasons I think his basketball IQ is higher because it's obvious to me. But I will give a couple.

When he drives to the basket there aren't 3 bigger guys waiting to defend his shot. And he doesn't drive to the basket every time the shot clock is winding down. Sometimes he takes a 3. Sometimes he passes to an open teammate.

His assist to turnover ratio is just over 2 to 1. Gesell's was just over 1.5 to 1 as a freshman.

Note - I also like that he can get the ball to a post player. It seems like it has been years since Iowa had a guard that could get the ball inside. And I like that he can make free throws...88.5%. I think he can play SG but love him as a PG.

Bohannon doesn't drive to the hoop because he isn't quick enough, he sometimes struggles to get the ball over the timeline if he is being closely guarded. Ok, I'll give you that because that shows he isn't stupid.

The passing ability is decent, but he can easily do that from the 2 position.

He didn't? Mike didn't have a single 20+ pt game until his senior year, Jordan already has 2 of those. By the time Mike was a senior he made better decisions driving at the hoop IMO. He got rejected a lot, lost the ball or had no idea what to do with it once he got down there and would hope to draw a foul, and for a guard, his FT shooting was not great.

Jordan so far is averaging about 8 attempts and making just under 3 of them per.

So all this is about 1 shot a game. I'll give you that he's not as quick, athletic or as good on D as Mike, but what he lacks in that is going to be made up in offense and his assists are on pace to shatter what Mike had. If he can learn to be serviceable on D he's going to end up as good if not better than Mike ever was.

It's impossible for Mike to be a bad shooter and be bad at driving to the rim and shoot 43% from 2 pt range in his career. Also Bohannon shot 18 times in one of his 20 point games, that's more FGA than Mike had in a single game ever. Mike was a more efficient scorer

Totally agree, that's his strength and even though he's not shooting that great from 3 I expect him to shoot better by the time he's an upperclassmen. He'd be much better if we had a traditional PG who could drive and kick to him
That is the first reasonable post I've ever read from you. I cannot disagree with anything you've said here.

It's impossible for Mike to be a bad shooter and be bad at driving to the rim and shoot 43% from 2 pt range in his career. Also Bohannon shot 18 times in one of his 20 point games, that's more FGA than Mike had in a single game ever. Mike was a more efficient scorer

I'm not sure if college shooting charts exists on players but I'd wager quite a few of his made shots were within 10 feet of the basket.

Gesell was good at driving to the hoop, the problem was defenders did not respect his outside shot so he would get trapped when driving to the hoop. If he had Bohannon's shooting ability he would be playing in the NBA right now.

I'm not sure if college shooting charts exists on players but I'd wager quite a few of his made shots were within 10 feet of the basket.

Gesell was good at driving to the hoop, the problem was defenders did not respect his outside shot so he would get trapped when driving to the hoop. If he had Bohannon's shooting ability he would be playing in the NBA right now.

To say Mike couldn't finish at the rim or couldn't shoot at all just isn't true.

To say Jordan has no upside just isn't true, yet you do it.

I don't think he has much upside. I didn't say he has no upside. He lacks athleticism and size and those are two of the biggest things that get the upside tag. He's not raw, he is what he is. He's a spot up shooter and he's going to try to be a game manager. I don't see him ever being able to create his own shot or ever being a plus defender. I also said Moss was a clear miss so what do I know? Just one man's opinion. To say Mike couldn't finish at the rim or couldn't shoot but has a much higher FG% than Jordan is proven wrong though

I don't think he has much upside. I didn't say he has no upside. He lacks athleticism and size and those are two of the biggest things that get the upside tag. He's not raw, he is what he is. He's a spot up shooter and he's going to try to be a game manager. I don't see him ever being able to create his own shot or ever being a plus defender. I also said Moss was a clear miss so what do I know? Just one man's opinion. To say Mike couldn't finish at the rim or couldn't shoot but has a much higher FG% than Jordan is proven wrong though
Who said he couldn't? He wasn't a great finisher. He wasn't a great shooter. I have yet to see anyone say he couldn't do either except you.

Who said he couldn't? He wasn't a great finisher. He wasn't a great shooter. I have yet to see anyone say he couldn't do either except you.

If he wasn't a great finisher and wasn't a great shooter how did he shoot10% higher from the floor than Bohannon has so far when people have said Bohannon is a better shooter and better at finishing at the rim?

If he wasn't a great finisher and wasn't a great shooter how did he shoot10% higher from the floor than Bohannon has so far when people have said Bohannon is a better shooter and better at finishing at the rim?
Dude. I know you feel backed into the corner so you are only arguing absolutes with yourself. You can move your king back and forth all you want but you've been checked repeatedly and the game is over.

Dude. I know you feel backed into the corner so you are only arguing absolutes with yourself. You can move your king back and forth all you want but you've been checked repeatedly and the game is over.

What did I say that was incorrect?

The thing that hurt us is Mike averaged 7 attempts per game, but he was left open every time down the floor. If Bohannon was guarded like Mike was, he would average 30 shots per game. That will never hapen tho because defenses respect him.

Twins always says D1 players make wide open shots at a really high rate. Well the only shots Mike ever took were wide open shots and contested layups.

Bohannon doesn't drive to the hoop because he isn't quick enough, he sometimes struggles to get the ball over the timeline if he is being closely guarded. Ok, I'll give you that because that shows he isn't stupid.

The passing ability is decent, but he can easily do that from the 2 position.

We can agree to disagree. Time will tell how good JB becomes. The one thing you have working against your position is a troll liking your posts...always a red flag. Just kidding...sort of.

Latest posts