Arizona State's Trent Lockett

It was this tweet from Pat Hardy today:

Hearing from a good source that Iowa and Iowa State will both be among the schools that Arizona State transfer Trent Lockett will consider.

I don't see anyway he ends up at Iowa. He's from Minnesota AND happens to be same high school as Royce White. Iowa State is well known now for taking in transfers and with what White did he's Iowa State's to lose at this point. Either he goes to Minnesota or Iowa State. If Iowa State doesn't get him that would be a huge shock.

I don't see anyway he ends up at Iowa. He's from Minnesota AND happens to be same high school as Royce White. Iowa State is well known now for taking in transfers and with what White did he's Iowa State's to lose at this point. Either he goes to Minnesota or Iowa State. If Iowa State doesn't get him that would be a huge shock.

Not a position of need for ISU though. At least it doesn't seem that way.

I think it's the opposite actually. All things being equal, I'd agree with you. All things aren't equal though.

First looking at it from ISU's perspective, they're full on scholarships as it is and would need someone to transfer first (which is likely going to happen from what I hear). However, ISU has a need for big men and has plenty of guards already on their roster.

More importantly though we need to look at it from his perspective. If he goes to ISU, there's a better than 50% chance he's coming off the bench. You really think he's going somewhere to come off the bench?

I think it's the opposite actually. All things being equal, I'd agree with you. All things aren't equal though.

First looking at it from ISU's perspective, they're full on scholarships as it is and would need someone to transfer first (which is likely going to happen from what I hear). However, ISU has a need for big men and has plenty of guards already on their roster.

More importantly though we need to look at it from his perspective. If he goes to ISU, there's a better than 50% chance he's coming off the bench. You really think he's going somewhere to come off the bench?

Help me out here, as I'm not totally familiar with ISU roster. Allen, Christopherson gone. Lucious coming in, and you have McGee and Babb are back......who else is there?? Palo....Sledge.....Lockett would come in better than Palo or Sledge or any FR coming in.

I must be missing someone, because 3 guards going into a season isn't depth...

Iowa State is loaded with guards. At Iowa, Lockett could replace the leadership and shooting of Gatens.

An honor student, he may not want to be around the druggery and thuggery at ISCC.

Help me out here, as I'm not totally familiar with ISU roster. Allen, Christopherson gone. Lucious coming in, and you have McGee and Babb are back......who else is there?? Palo....Sledge.....Lockett would come in better than Palo or Sledge or any FR coming in.

I must be missing someone, because 3 guards going into a season isn't depth...

Lucious, McGee, Babb, and Bubu would be 4 guards. If Sledge doesn't transfer that would be 5. And I think they had a guy redshirt last year that is a guard so theres 6. Plus Clyburn is guardish/tweener 2/3 it looks like.

Iowa State is loaded with guards. At Iowa, Lockett could replace the leadership and shooting of Gatens.

An honor student, he may not want to be around the druggery and thuggery at ISCC.

Coming from a fan of a team that recruited a convicted felon that is rich...

Keep throwing stones I guess.

Clyburn is a SF/Wing player.

Ok, thanks. That is a pretty good rotation of Lucious, Babb, McGee, Palo, and Sledge with Clyburn on the wing then. Still Lockett would walk in and be better than Sledge, Palo, and just as good or compete for time with McGee and Babb.

I think ISU needs him more than Iowa more for the 2013 season as Iowa State's entire starting lineup graduates next season. He would be a valuable player for those underclassmen the following year.

Iowa is looking at some top JUCO guys right now in the JUCO Final Four in Kansas but have some stiff competition. Iowa is alright with their incoming class that it won't matter i they sign another player or not. If they do it's a bonus if not then won't hurt.

Latest posts