Arizona State's Trent Lockett

I think ISU needs him more than Iowa more for the 2013 season as Iowa State's entire starting lineup graduates next season. He would be a valuable player for those underclassmen the following year.

Iowa is looking at some top JUCO guys right now in the JUCO Final Four in Kansas but have some stiff competition. Iowa is alright with their incoming class that it won't matter i they sign another player or not. If they do it's a bonus if not then won't hurt.

Ejim.

Help me out here, as I'm not totally familiar with ISU roster. Allen, Christopherson gone. Lucious coming in, and you have McGee and Babb are back......who else is there?? Palo....Sledge.....Lockett would come in better than Palo or Sledge or any FR coming in.

I must be missing someone, because 3 guards going into a season isn't depth...

Those were the three guards I was thinking of. That still leaves him coming off the bench doesn't it? I never said the guy wouldn't ever play.

Those were the three guards I was thinking of. That still leaves him coming off the bench doesn't it? I never said the guy wouldn't ever play.

I haven't see Lockett play, but his stats are certainly much, much better than Lucious (but he is PG) McGee 7pts 3 reb .5A and also better than Babbs 8 pts 4 reb and 1.5A. He would probably move both of them to coming off the bench as he went for 13 pts 6 reb and 2A per game.

I think ISU needs him more than Iowa more for the 2013 season as Iowa State's entire starting lineup graduates next season. He would be a valuable player for those underclassmen the following year.

Iowa is looking at some top JUCO guys right now in the JUCO Final Four in Kansas but have some stiff competition. Iowa is alright with their incoming class that it won't matter i they sign another player or not. If they do it's a bonus if not then won't hurt.

Ryan is posting about ISU again. Shocking. Also shocked to see him incorrect again. He will play in 2012 not 13. He doesn't have to sit out. Thus, not a bigger need for ISU.

And Ejim and Gibson will be back in 2013 so we don't lose our entire starting lineup

Ryan is posting about ISU again. Shocking. Also shocked to see him incorrect again. He will play in 2012 not 13. He doesn't have to sit out. Thus, not a bigger need for ISU.

And Ejim and Gibson will be back in 2013 so we don't lose our entire starting lineup

Who will the upperclassmen be in 2013? Ejim and Gibson, who else? Just wondering, and not trying to start a war on here, as I do support ISU when they don't play Iowa. It seems to me that in year 4 of a coach, you should be in the NCAA and there to stay for awhile. How do you honestly think that program will be sitting then, as they will be relying heaving on 2 upper class men, and a bunch of FR and SO.

I haven't see Lockett play, but his stats are certainly much, much better than Lucious (but he is PG) McGee 7pts 3 reb .5A and also better than Babbs 8 pts 4 reb and 1.5A. He would probably move both of them to coming off the bench as he went for 13 pts 6 reb and 2A per game.

Babb is an elite defensive player and will be starting next year. Lockett could be ISU's 2012/13 version of Aaron White (instant offense off the bench).

The question is, does Lockett go to a situation where it's even possible he's going to come off the bench?

Babb is an elite defensive player and will be starting next year. Lockett could be ISU's 2012/13 version of Aaron White (instant offense off the bench).

The question is, does Lockett go to a situation where it's even possible he's going to come off the bench?

My ISU friends keep telling me what a lock down defender Babb is also...I just don't see it. Either way I love McGee and what he brings to the game, but I could see Lockett starting, and McGee coming in for him. Move Babb to the wing along with Clyburn, and have Babb come off the bench also.

Either way I don't think Lockett makes a ton of sense for ISU, but I don't think that ISU is so stacked that they couldn't use a player of Lockett's caliber.

Babb is not going to the bench. His value isn't his offense.

My ISU friends keep telling me what a lock down defender Babb is also...I just don't see it. Either way I love McGee and what he brings to the game, but I could see Lockett starting, and McGee coming in for him. Move Babb to the wing along with Clyburn, and have Babb come off the bench also.

Either way I don't think Lockett makes a ton of sense for ISU, but I don't think that ISU is so stacked that they couldn't use a player of Lockett's caliber.

I presume that you haven't seen Babb play nearly as often as your ISU friends have.

My buddy and I have spent a lot of time (in person) just focusing on Babb. He's a damn good defender. I pretty much agree with most everything else in your post.

I presume that you haven't seen Babb play nearly as often as your ISU friends have.

My buddy and I have spent a lot of time (in person) just focusing on Babb. He's a damn good defender. I pretty much agree with most everything else in your post.

While I don't make the ISU games appointment TV, I do catch a lot of them, and went to a couple with them. Maybe it is because he was just such a streaky shooter (and seemed to be cold all the time), that I just didn't notice the good D he was playing.

No, I said "more for the 2013 season" is when ISU could use him for rather than next season since they graduate 5 players next season.

While I don't make the ISU games appointment TV, I do catch a lot of them, and went to a couple with them. Maybe it is because he was just such a streaky shooter (and seemed to be cold all the time), that I just didn't notice the good D he was playing.

He was very streaky and went on one stretch where he made in the neighborhood of 10+ straight 3's at one point, but for the 2nd half of the season, he was mostly off.

But his D was very good. Although he is sneaky good on D, because he is almost always matched up versus the other teams leading backcourt scorer. He didn't put up much in the way of stats, but his style is limiting looks. So the scorer he matched up against rarely got a shot off, and many times couldn't even touch the ball when he was in the game. He's very good at running through/around screens, so he's more of a preemptive defender as opposed to a guy who gets steals and blocks, if that makes sense.

Sledge is transferring, its official.
That leaves ISU with 13 guys on scholly at this point for next year.
They have 3 shooting guards coming in next year,and Niang.
That gives them 7 guys for the 2-3 wing positions right now.
I doubt that Lockett would want to be the 8th...or that Freddy would want an 8th.

I doubt that Lockett would want to be the 8th...or that Freddy would want an 8th.

I would think the most logical choice for a Cyclone transfer would be UCONN's Oriakhi to replace Royce.

The Sledge transfer gets ISU down to 12 scholarships. I agree that Lockett doesn't seem like a great fit but the scholarship is there.

doubt we'd win a transfer recruit over transfer-U. plus, even though we are improved, iowa isn't the best landing spot for a one-and-done type player. we're pretty young and in building mode, not quite there yet. i think making the tourney next year is a reach, and if i were him, i'd want to go to a school with a very good chance at the tourney.

12 guys on scholarship
1 SG - 1 SG/Wing - 1 PG (Long, inaccurate Rivals profile) - 1 PF coming in
5 guys for the 2-3 wing positions right now (Clyburn can also play the 4 in certain matchups)

Lockett will end up at ISU.

Latest posts