Arizona fans verbally and physically assault Iowa fans.......on video!!!

If you think this was bad, NEVER go to a University of Hawaii game at Aloha Stadium. You can expect some physical violence from the Westside Samoan bruddahs. Just ask Wisconsin fans when they played over their a few years ago. The hawaiins love to scrap.

So your telling me that in 2 years. A team most in the state hates comes to your house. And most of the fans will be partakeing in beverages before the game. And you dont expect this to happen at all.

I tell you what. Come to Memorial next year if youve never been there. I promise you crap like this doesnt last very long.

I tell you what. Come to Memorial next year if youve never been there. I promise you crap like this doesnt last very long.

I would love to go to a game in the Sea of Red. It's on my "bucket list" of college stadiums to see a game in. But, I probably won't be able to get tickets, being a broke college student and all lol.

Re: I regret this, and apologize to Hawks fans.

Without exception, the Iowa fans I met were friendly and came to enjoy a good game. They took the loss with quiet dignity. I've tailgated 18 years at UA and our crew always makes an effort to engage as many of the "honored opposition" as we can. We make our food and drink openly available. We were beside a large group of Iowa fans at the tailgate and they were great. At least another 20 or so came into our tailgate and visited. During the game, 3 young Iowa fans sat in front of me and we had a good time throughout, although naturally they were disappointed in the outcome. On the way out I saw and heard a lot of UA fans yelling "U of A" but heard no taunting or bad-mouthing Iowa. Mostly (like myself) they were wishing the Hawks best of luck and hoping you run the table.

Doesn't excuse the bad behaviour of a few (I frankly don't believe some of the "horror stories" on this thread - just venting over the loss), but I hope when the tempers cool and the anger over the loss subside among the Hawks fans, you can see that the vast majority of the UA fans are good people and blanket denouncements of Tucson, and Arizona, and the UA are inappropriate. Face it, if you'd won this would be far less of an issue.

Sir, I'm sorry to inform you that you're wrong. I was immediately greeted by a person on the sidewalk who got in my face and screamed "go home a$$holes!!" I was simply walking with my wife TO the game. I knew that there would be more of it throughout the night, so I basically was as polite as possible and got the hell out of there after the game. Other quotes said directly to me during the game "why don't you cowboy up buddy and tell that girl to sit down." And..."why did you people come all this way to see your team lose" and..."F*** Iowa" shouted from several cars after the game. I also heard (not directed at me) comments like "pigf'rs" and "rednecks" directed at other Iowa fans.

I understand your desire to see all of the UofA fans as nice. It sounds like you are nice. I'm sure most of the people there were nice. However, there was a significant minority of abusive, classless trash at that game. U of A indeed.

Without exception, the Iowa fans I met were friendly and came to enjoy a good game. They took the loss with quiet dignity. I've tailgated 18 years at UA and our crew always makes an effort to engage as many of the "honored opposition" as we can. We make our food and drink openly available. We were beside a large group of Iowa fans at the tailgate and they were great. At least another 20 or so came into our tailgate and visited. During the game, 3 young Iowa fans sat in front of me and we had a good time throughout, although naturally they were disappointed in the outcome. On the way out I saw and heard a lot of UA fans yelling "U of A" but heard no taunting or bad-mouthing Iowa. Mostly (like myself) they were wishing the Hawks best of luck and hoping you run the table.

Doesn't excuse the bad behaviour of a few (I frankly don't believe some of the "horror stories" on this thread - just venting over the loss), but I hope when the tempers cool and the anger over the loss subside among the Hawks fans, you can see that the vast majority of the UA fans are good people and blanket denouncements of Tucson, and Arizona, and the UA are inappropriate. Face it, if you'd won this would be far less of an issue.

The U of A-holes AD isn't buying your spin.

http://www.hawkeyenation.com/forum/football/16482-u-trying-address-fan-behavior.html

I think it was mostly the illegal Mexicans or first generation born from illegal’s that were doing most of the harassing of Iowa fans, now you see what true Arizona residents have to deal with the border issues and illegals. LOL

Tell that to the Oregon cheerleader that got hit in the head with a water bottle.

That was disgusting and shameful. Believe me I was embarrassed by it. But my point is that a few idots (I won't call them fans) in a crowd of 56K doesn't equate to every UA fan being that way.

I also work w/ a Duck that attended the UA-OR game last year when the bottles were thrown at the OR team and cheerleaders, and that happened to be in roughly the same area as where the youtube clip was shot. The Duck friend says this is the area where UA sells very cheap tickets, possibly as low as $10 apiece, and that is part of the issue. He also told me at most Pac 10 stadiums he'll remember the 5-10 ****** he encounters, but the majority of fans are pleasant and great to talk football w/. He said his experience at UA was the opposite - he recalls the 5-10 fans he really enjoyed talking football w/ but the majority were classless, verbally abusive types. He also said this has really sprung up the last few years since UA has gotten better.

Obviously he's biased as are us Hawkeyes, but there definitely seems to be a trend and pattern here.

And BigRedPowrWagon, first off I've read some of your other useless, driveling posts. Glad to see you haven't lost your touch. And while I can't guarantee IA fans won't treat you like UA treated IA fans, I sincerely, genuinely, very highly doubt it.

The video in the OP was from BEFORE the game, so the outcome had little to do with those fans' attitudes. It was also taken from the endzone, which I am assuming are your "cheap seats" just like at Kinnick. Because from the sound of it, there weren't many problems with season ticket-holders.

Now if I had been there, I would still consider this way over the line, win or lose. As people have stated, this kind of behavior really takes the fun out of the trip. And considering how the game went down, it was even less fun. So I'd be p***ed regardless of the outcome, even though if we'd been up 3 TD's in the 4th quarter, it would have been sweet to watch those idiots leave. I wouldn't say anything to them, just watch. But that's not how things went.

Of course THOSE fans attitudes were badly affected. I hate that it happened and having made several road trips with the Cats I know how butthead fans can ruin things. I just think that those posters who are just finding out about this incident are over-reacting to the entire UA fan base as well as insulting the city and state. I guess I could make denigrating remarks about Iowa as a state from our trip last year, but I would be looked at as petty and exhibiting a sour-grapes attitude.

A group of my friends went to the game this weekend, and basically all have confirmed it was a miserable experience dealing w/ many UA fans, in particular UA fans repeatedly getting in their faces yelling, "F*** IA"-type comments. 2 friends also had beers poured down their backs and were repeatedly called "faggots," just for being IA fans. Your comments would seem in line w/ the UA fans' logic - it's an IA problem, not the UA. And you can discredit all the stories as "just venting over the loss" as much as you want, but when it's obvious many people in a fanbase were basically treated like garbage and targeted the entire evening, it seems apparent many UA fans lack class. Instead of pointing the finger at IA fans, take a look in the mirror.

I can look in the mirrow just fine. I, as well as 55,250 UA fans, can. Sorry about the 250 or so morons (who aren't even fans, just drunken idiots with a forum to show their ignorance).

Go post on a political board if you want spin. I would think you'd appreciate a school response to this bad behaviour. But you are from the Iowa Hawk-*sses, so maybe not. (That last part was to illustrate how stupid it is to call names. In my book, you immediately have no credibility when that's all you can manage.)

Go post on a political board if you want spin. I would think you'd appreciate a school response to this bad behaviour. But you are from the Iowa Hawk-*sses, so maybe not. (That last part was to illustrate how stupid it is to call names. In my book, you immediately have no credibility when that's all you can manage.)

I'm not the one doing the spinning, you are. It's not just the Iowa fans noticing the classless behavior at Arizona Stadium, it's fans of any team that has played there. You come on here and try to dismiss it as being a figment of the imagination of all those that have been subjected to the ignorance rampant at a U of A football game. I've spent time in Tucson and have seen the large percentage of low-class wretches that litter the populace there. It certainly comes as no surprise that you have earned the reputation of having one of the worst gameday experiences for fans of the visiting teams. I would place it just below WVU where the custom is to spit on the fans of the visiting team.

I can look in the mirrow just fine. I, as well as 55,250 UA fans, can. Sorry about the 250 or so morons (who aren't even fans, just drunken idiots with a forum to show their ignorance).

Yeah, this is a good point, guys. Those 250 or so fans were prolly TavernCats, or at least the ASU fans call them TavernCats. ASU fans aren't that pathetic, are they?

Irregardless, I lean toward the TavernCat explanation because those people who seemed to be causing riff raff didn't look like they would be smart enough to even get into ASU, let alone Arizona.

I dont know what exactly you are trying to do man. But you are failing worse then i am.

In my section it was a dude who made a big deal about us and then said we were in the KKK, what is going on in Arizona?

I sat by a bunch of AZ fans...all kids in the 18-25 range... They cheered when AZ made a play, and vice versa. We did a lot of complaining about the officiating, thats about it.

Latest posts