Are you personally worried about getting the Coronavirus?

Are you personally worried about catching the Coronavirus?

• Yes

Votes: 41 41.0%
  • No

Votes: 59 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
South Korea didn't shut everything down and their numbers are dropping. It seems like the more drastic measures taken, the more severe the effects. Another thing is the false-positive rates for the tests. From early results, the false-positive rate seems rather high. We probably will never know, but I'd be really curious to know how many of the deaths are actually the seasonal flu.

South Korea seems to be an exception to the rule. Look at all them walk around with masks on. How many people in America have you seen wear masks? Seems like they took it serious from the start and never let it get out of hand.

South Korea seems to be an exception to the rule. Look at all them walk around with masks on. How many people in America have you seen wear masks? Seems like they took it serious from the start and never let it get out of hand.
Well, it's been in the U.S. for awhile now and the bodies aren't piling up. You bring up a good point. We've spent how much on Homeland Security? Over a trillion $$? They never thought to purchase enough masks for the country?

actually, s. korea and italy did not take it seriously at first as they continued to allow travel from china until their cases exploded. then the difference between italy and s. korea is that s. korea has a market based healthcare system and italy has a single payer system.

South Korea tested early and often, as did Singapore and Japan. They captured a great deal of the people that were infected with the virus and they were quarantined. Because of their early intervention, they were able to contain it pretty well. That is the biggest difference between those countries and Europe/United States. S. Korea, Singapore and Japan went through SARS 17 years ago and were better prepared as a result.

Time will tell if we get as bad as Italy but they did lag in taking it as serious as they should have.

South Korea tested early and often, as did Singapore and Japan. They captured a great deal of the people that were infected with the virus and they were quarantined. Because of their early intervention, they were able to contain it pretty well. That is the biggest difference between those countries and Europe/United States. S. Korea, Singapore and Japan went through SARS 17 years ago and were better prepared as a result.

Time will tell if we get as bad as Italy but they did lag in taking it as serious as they should have.
Italy also has a lot older population than most countries. It's been said that they also have a higher population that smokes as well.

Well, it's been in the U.S. for awhile now and the bodies aren't piling up. You bring up a good point. We've spent how much on Homeland Security? Over a trillion $$? They never thought to purchase enough masks for the country?

Death count is rising every day. The timeline is looking fairly standard from country to country. It takes a week or so before you even feel symptoms. One thing I don't think you are recognizing is the common flu is pretty much already everywhere. This virus wasn't. It is all spreading from one person here and one person there. That takes quite awhile to do. From your post history it really looks like you haven't even thought about that part of it. People had it in China, then it was in random big cities, then it went to all big cities. Now its everywhere. That takes awhile. "Awhile" has been about 2 months. If you put about 10 seconds of thought into how slow a spread starts and how fast cases multiply, you would figure it out.

actually, s. korea and italy did not take it seriously at first as they continued to allow travel from china until their cases exploded. then the difference between italy and s. korea is that s. korea has a market based healthcare system and italy has a single payer system.

Italy is flooded with people that are deathly sick. South Korea is not. How does that have anything to do with the health care system?

Italy also has a lot older population than most countries. It's been said that they also have a higher population that smokes as well.

True. Which is why they will be worse than most countries. But it is really really bad there. Not to mention the health of the average American isn't much better. They are also a month or so ahead of us in the timeline. In a month, we probably won't be as bad as Italy, but it will probably be close.

South Korea did an excellent job of curbing the virus, how in the heck did they do it?
I posted on this above. They tested early, and often. They had more tests right from the start. Then they quarantined the people who tested positive. As a result, they did not get the spread (as much) from people who did not know they had the virus.

Ironically, WW2 was fought for freedom, while this has been all about fighting against freedom. I wonder what those that fought in WW2 would say about this situation.

You mean the generation that created vaccines to stave off such pandemics?

Yup because those numbers are highly trustworthy lol.
True, and I don't believe China how they say the virus has calmed down there, they are Communist. I'd be willing to bet that China contacted Russia & North Korea well before everyone else in the world when this virus began

True, and I don't believe China how they say the virus has calmed down there, they are Communist. I'd be willing to bet that China contacted Russia & North Korea well before everyone else in the world when this virus began

I don't know that China and Russia are cozy friends, but it is funny that the 2 media censoring governments report the lowest impacts of major populations.

I am constantly watching the progression in India. They seem to be doing better than average and that would be quite unexpected considering their general health standards and population per kilometer. Maybe breathing in toxic levels of smog for a decade has given India a hardened immunity.

I agree the guy shouldn't be visiting his 90 year old mom, but I vehemently disagree that half the world is going to get this. That'd be 3.5 billion people. That's not going to happen. Just like 2 million Americans aren't going to die from this. People just need to be smart for a while and this will mostly pass.

The numbers you mention were based on if people didnt change their daily patterns and there was no changes to daily life. HOw long this lasts is anybody's guess.

Ironically, WW2 was fought for freedom, while this has been all about fighting against freedom. I wonder what those that fought in WW2 would say about this situation.

So you want to have the freedom to help spread a viral pandemic. Got it man.

In order to believe the government has a secret agenda to push us into our homes, you first gotta believe there is something to be gained from it. Then you gotta believe our government could actually somehow all agree on something. Then you would also have to believe every countrie's governments would all have the same secret agenda. Seems like a long shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts