Are you personally worried about getting the Coronavirus?

Are you personally worried about catching the Coronavirus?

• Yes

Votes: 41 41.0%
  • No

Votes: 59 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You do know the cases are jumping up every single day don't you? I promise you, you won't be saying "now do the flu" in 2 weeks. It's pretty hard to believe you are still doing it now tho.
Didn't you say that two weeks ago?

90438876_10220853140660488_2996053221572608000_n.jpg

Must have been someone else then. Bunch of prophets on here.
I wonder how many were saying after the first week of WW2 that it wasnt going to be deadly, sighting numbers of the total number lost during WW1.

And you do know that you're acting like a prophet too right? The difference is most people are using numbers showing how fast this is escalating to form a guess as to how big it will get. You are comparing it to finished numbers from past viruses, even tho this one is only a couple months old

I wonder how many were saying after the first week of WW2 that it wasnt going to be deadly, sighting numbers of the total number lost during WW1.
Ironically, WW2 was fought for freedom, while this has been all about fighting against freedom. I wonder what those that fought in WW2 would say about this situation.

I've been thinking about the same thing. Cost Cutters is closed in Iowa City/Coralville but Great Clips appears to be open. I keep my hair pretty short but I think I'll let it grow until this blows over.

If you or your kids need a haircut, I would get it done by tomorrow. Where I live in E. Iowa Sports Clips says it's open, but I went to a local one an hour ago and it was closed down. Great Clips are open in my area and I got in for a cut. The gal cutting my hair said most people are getting their hair cut shorter than normal because they are worried as to how long they will have to go with the next cut. She also said that she is hearing they may close all Great Clips after tomorrow afternoon because the virus is now in our county. If you think about it, if you are at the point where you need a haircut, you may not be able to get one 1-2 months from now if all these places shut down. Glad I just got my hair cut, one less thing to worry about now.

Ironically, WW2 was fought for freedom, while this has been all about fighting against freedom. I wonder what those that fought in WW2 would say about this situation.
Did you miss the point or change the subject? So seriously tho, what's your thoughts on the other countries that are a few weeks ahead of us in the timeline that are just getting rocked right now? Do you think it's not going to happen to us if we don't take drastic measures? Or do you think their final numbers are going to be no big deal? Also every government out there right now is taking drastic measures or are about to. So this isn't a US government thing.

Did you miss the point or change the subject? So seriously tho, what's your thoughts on the other countries that are a few weeks ahead of us in the timeline that are just getting rocked right now? Do you think it's not going to happen to us if we don't take drastic measures? Or do you think their final numbers are going to be no big deal? Also every government out there right now is taking drastic measures or are about to. So this isn't a US government thing.
South Korea didn't shut everything down and their numbers are dropping. It seems like the more drastic measures taken, the more severe the effects. Another thing is the false-positive rates for the tests. From early results, the false-positive rate seems rather high. We probably will never know, but I'd be really curious to know how many of the deaths are actually the seasonal flu.

The Iowa Department of Public Health identified 23 new positive cases on Saturday, March 21, 2020, bringing the state total to 68 cases. In eastern Iowa, this includes:

• Allamakee County: Two cases (one 41-60 years old, one 61-80 years old)

• Black Hawk County: Two cases (one 41-60 years old, one over 81 years old)

• Dubuque County: One case (61-80 years old)

• Fayette County: One case (18-40 years old)

• Henry County: One case (18-40 years old)

• Johnson County: Five cases (three 18-40 years old, one 41-60 years old, one 61-80 years old)

• Linn County: Three cases (two 18-40 years old, one 41-60 years old)

• Muscatine County: One case (41-60 years old)

• Washington County: One case (41-60 years old"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts