Are you personally worried about getting the Coronavirus?

Are you personally worried about catching the Coronavirus?

• Yes

Votes: 41 41.0%
  • No

Votes: 59 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
And you cannot prove the negative of not having mitigation but reason and logic would lead almost anyone with any sense to know that if the US has this many cases, and the same with Italy and Spain, with some harsh mitigation then there would be many, many more deaths and cases without mitigation.

Logically, if the virus is new and novel (true), and if it spreads from human to human through close contact (true), and if the virus spreads at a fairly high rate (true as far as measure at about 1 to 2 or 3 iirc), and if infected people without symptoms can spread the virus (true), then the virus will spread very fast if people are in close contact all the normal times.

This logic is no different than using the logical argument if rain only comes from clouds (true), and if it is not cloudy (which is true at times), then it will not rain at that time. If-If-Then reasoning.
Your rain from clouds hypothesis is easily repeatable and so far, cannot be falsified. Science doesn't involve proving hypotheses from an absence of data because they are not repeatable, and it wouldn't even make any fucking sense. :rolleyes:

So heart attacks, strokes, flu, and pneumonia deaths have all declined.... weird.
I guess people can only die of COVID-19 now.

Without being political, can you explain why you are so opposed to believing that COVID-19 is a genuine health concern that we need to get under control? I'm honestly interested in your opinion.

The impression I get reading you and TK's posts is that we should just be going about life like we always would because there's really nothing to fear.

Last year my check for taxes was mailed to my home.

Well you are going to have to wait a long time for Mnunchin to scribe your check, hand address the envelope and mail it to you. He may be using some of Ben Franklin's original US postal service office and the old printing press.

Just kidding. but mail they said might be slower that direct EFT deposits since printing checks, envelopes, inserting, and mailing and delivery takes more time.

Your rain from clouds hypothesis is easily repeatable and so far, cannot be falsified. Science doesn't involve proving hypotheses from an absence of data because they are not repeatable, and it wouldn't even make any fucking sense. :rolleyes:

Haha, well you can turn around the rain hypothesis to say rain never drops from clear skies, yada yada yada. It is just deductive reasoning to go from a very large number of observations to state a rule or law.

However Fauci looks in this matter, guys like him are the underlying root cause of the problem we are in today. Partisan hacks will blame the current president or the past president, but at the end of the day, when you have an organization like CDC that has lit $50 billion on fire over the past decade and a guy who spans 6 presidents but we have a freaking shortage of masks, the problem is a helluva lot deeper than who sits in the White House. I indicated back on March 19 on this thread that Western society simply wasn't prepared for a pandemic and it is becoming even more apparent the longer this goes on.

Fine. But how does that impact on what Fauci knows about the current crisis? Your criticism was his presentation of factual information from a wide variety of rational sources.

Former St. Louis Cardinals All Star, Jim Edmonds

IMG_8233-2-269x300.jpg

Without being political, can you explain why you are so opposed to believing that COVID-19 is a genuine health concern that we need to get under control? I'm honestly interested in your opinion.

The impression I get reading you and TK's posts is that we should just be going about life like we always would because there's really nothing to fear.

I think they are related.:rolleyes:

Saw two ambulances on my run just now.

Probably just a coincidence.

Probably is and seeing an ambulance really don't mean all that much. Could be a unemployed person taking out his frustrations on someone and can chalk it up to Covid-19 related. And yes sadly That crap is happening all around this country!!!

You sir are reading into my post wrong. It is a health concern but I choose not to be all doom and gloom that others are. Many people on here right now in this thread are making this a Political Issue when it's a medical issue and that's just sad!!

You may think It is, but that's whats happening Huck my Son n Law works for Mayo in Rochester and its damn sure happening..
Is he saying every single person who dies gets counted as a COVID death? Or that if they have reason to believe the person had COVID, they list it as a death even if there was never actual proof they had it?

You sir are reading into my post wrong. It is a health concern but I choose not to be all doom and gloom that others are. Many people on here right now in this thread are making this a Political Issue when it's a medical issue and that's just sad!!

I'm probably coming off as doom and gloom even tho I'm really not. I'm just blown away that people really think this virus is like a normal flu or it's just all a conspiracy. Arguing against them is hard to do without sounding doom and gloomy.

Is he saying every single person who dies gets counted as a COVID death? Or that if they have reason to believe the person had COVID, they list it as a death even if there was never actual proof they had it?

No some people in assisted living centers with underlying issues greater than Covid-19 that have not much time left have gotten this and it's listed as a Covid death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts