Are you personally worried about getting the Coronavirus?

Are you personally worried about catching the Coronavirus?

• Yes

Votes: 41 41.0%
  • No

Votes: 59 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of them have major skin in this game. Trump pooh poohed this virus from mid January to mid March saying it was nothing which was totally against the intel people and many doctors. I think some experts thought in January the US would put in major travel and work restrictions much earlier than we did which would have really shunted down the overall virus spread. But experts didnt speak loud enough truth to power.

The NY Gov and NYC mayor were a week or even a few day slow to shut it down which made a lot of difference but NYC was about to explode unless they would have done something drastic in mid Feb.

The States of WA and CA took some earlier drastic actions in hotspots and then statewide and it seems to be blunting a high peak which is good.

History and even now will not look kindly on Trump who is more worried about money, is not decisive and will not act (he is very lame when he needs to take action witnessed by the fact that he cant fire people himself face to face from all reports), he is very late to use the DPA, he blames the States and cities. Way too late using military assets to move equipment, use military nurses and doctors, using military officers to lead the supply chain issue. Trump won't order a company to make equipment at regular costs even though he has the power through the DPA. Trump can't even focus on this pandemic during the press conferences where he as woefully expounded on his border wall and made a major announcement on drug war even though those types of plans are always in the works and the same plans as always.

Once Trump said this is a national emergency and disaster Trump and the Federal Govt owned the solution lock stock and barrel because that is what the national emergency/local emergency Act states.

LMAO..

You clearly don’t like Trump and I’m not a huge fan either, but you really just need to get outside and think for yourself, because that read was like an CNN, MSNBC and Facebook Occupy Democrats Trump informercial.

Many states are around day 14 of stay at home.

If cases are still going up a week from now either the incubation period has been miscalculated (possible) or people have been doing a poor job of social distancing and staying at home (likely).

There was going to be some lag but if people have been following protocol and cases should be leveling or dropping by a week from now.

I could be wrong but I think New York, New Jersey and southern states were among the last to join the stay at home party.

I hear you my man. It's frustrating.

Governor's like JB Pritzker are crying for federal direction. This would be my response to him.

"Stop treating your citizens like sheep and get your state moving again"

We will find out very soon which states are going to wallow in self pity and which states have leaders with cajones. As more and more people recover from this we can use their plasma to help treat the infected. But some governor's don't even want you to know that many people have already recovered from this.

I'm not a fan of the Gov. However, states like Iowa are a net gain in Federal money. IL is a net loss. Makes a difference.

I’m curious how accurate these are?
NY governor Cuomo thinks they're about a week away from peak.

Southern states like Georgia, South Carolina, Mississippi and Louisiana have had positive case growth rates in the 20-30% range.

That is where the new "hot spots" are shifting as we speak, and where death rates are the highest.

If cases are still going up a week from now either the incubation period has been miscalculated (possible) or people have been doing a poor job of social distancing and staying at home (likely).

There was going to be some lag but if people have been following protocol and cases should be leveling or dropping by a week from now.

I could be wrong but I think New York, New Jersey and southern states were among the last to join the stay at home party.

Minnesota closed Bars/Resturants/Fitness clubs and told to stay home on March 17th at 5pm. All employees who high risk were instructed to be set up to work from home. NY did that on March 20th.

NY governor Cuomo thinks they're about a week away from peak.

Southern states like Georgia, South Carolina, Mississippi and Louisiana have had positive case growth rates in the 20-30% range.

That is where the new "hot spots" are shifting as we speak, and where death rates are the highest.

we are going to see cases per day this week approaching if not exceeding 100,000 for a day. All states numbers will be worse than that of the previous week except maybe in the state of Washington we hope!

Well, as it's been reported several times now (by nurses & doctors), patients (or even folks that haven't really been seen by a Dr) are recorded as Covid-19 when they haven't even been tested.

Well, as it's been reported several times now (by nurses & doctors), patients (or even folks that haven't really been seen by a Dr) are recorded as Covid-19 when they haven't even been tested.
It's also just as easy to record a death as Covid-19 even if the victim had several underlying serious to terminal health problems when they contacted the virus.

This new normal is so frustrating. My dad may be down to his last months anyway and right now I'm afraid to see him because God forbid I might be exposed and have little or no symptoms.

The restrictions in Iowa are almost exactly the same as the restrictions in the "stay at home states". Reynolds has
pointed this out. The two only real differences are Reynolds is still allowing groups of up to ten people to congregate.

And that Reynolds trusts the citizens of her state to exhibit common sense. The citizens in turn are rewarding her trust with one of the lowest growth curves in the country, in terms of percentage.

You ASK people to do something and they will comply. You FORCE them to do something and hell will eventually come to breakfast.

Chicago is in trouble. Not from the pandemic itself but from the upcoming negative reaction to it. Mark my words.

Fact. As of today, 8 governors out of 50 have not created shelter rules. All 8 are republicans.

From CBS Sports.............................

"New Orleans Saints legendary kicker Tom Dempsey died at 73 years old Saturday, the team announced Sunday morning. Dempsey, who was inducted into the Saints Hall of Fame in 1989, died from complications of COVID-19, which he contracted on March 25. He's also battled Alzheimer's disease and dementia since 2012. "

This thread does a good job of illustrating the wide variety of views and beliefs on what is happening in our country.

There are plenty of unknowns and conflicting information. Much of how we see things is based on what we consume from an informational standpoint.

That's why we have everything from "common-cold" guy to "the world is going to end" guy.

Still true

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts