Are you personally worried about getting the Coronavirus?

Are you personally worried about catching the Coronavirus?

• Yes

Votes: 41 41.0%
  • No

Votes: 59 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since you didn't read the editorial this is not what it's about.
10% of this pandemic's reach is known, along with origins...everyone is guessing on the fly.

I would guess that it is much worse than known (or revealed), and will last much longer than projected.

Two cents...aware I could be 100% wrong, and hoping I am.

Also Catherine Austin Fitts' guest and many other places.

Apparently the messenger and how their message is delivered is more important than the message itself.

Succumbing to unfounded fears is a hell of a disease to catch.

Fact is that none of us know what to think. Ignoring things can also be a helluva disease too.

We are all on this journey, like it or not. Bitching or being in extreme fear have about the same impact on most of us.

Call me jaded. I'm taking precautions and not living in fear. In my office it's the young ones living in fear.

Life isn't/wasn't as secure as we all wanted it to be in both health and financial health. The guy next to you not doing as well is no less special.

I'm more pissed at those, even on here who are fat slobs (especially the in your face ones), smokers, and so on than what is going on. Take away that and we don't have as much of a problem. If you aren't eating well and by that I mean even those using very worthless USDA guidelines, you are a part of the problem. Doesn't mean I won't die, but this wouldn't be as big of a deal. About any male over 25% bmi, YOU are a part of the problem.

That's a more accurate way of looking at it than TK looking for conspiracies or HawksMN who is the John Wayne Whack a Mole are. Your health you do have a lot of control over even as you age.

Almost lost my daughter couple of weeks ago. Fat nurses coming in coughing was terrible.

My economic world has already been damaged by overweight slobs drinking soda, lot's of beer, smokers (thin or fat), down right glutens and those who eat foods such as lot's of white bread that cause false hunger pains. Think of the billions that costs on those who take take of themselves.

Keep a city like Chicago penned up for six weeks as spring fever approaches and you will find out.

He has coined a new slogan as he treats his states citizens like caged animals: ALL IN ILLINOIS!

Does this mean T-shirts and hats and beer coozies are being printed as we speak?

So he is causing more deaths by keeping people penned up? That means you're arguing that if he wasn't rallying the troops by keeping them penned up, they would have less deaths up to this point?

I dont try to predict nature like this because there are too many unknowns
We have been following Italy pretty much to a tee this whole time (adjusted per capita) so unless this some how changed drastically over the next few weeks, we will be really close to a million cases.

When they post new numbers everyday they are reporting accumalated cases from the beginning of the outbreak. Is that correct?

By now some of those early cases should be recovering, and that curve should be rising exponentially right behind the well publicized positive curve. And it should be eating away at active current positive cases at an ever increasing rate. I wish those numbers would get more exposure.

Not calling you out on this, but those who think the media are giving both sides of the numbers an equal shake are living with their heads buried in the sand. I'm going to sign off on this thread pretty soon as I've said about all I can without getting too political, and I don't want to go that way. I strongly belie e in making my point and moving on, not getting in endless pissing matches an thats what I've been doing on this thread for two weeks.

I will sign off for now with one final thought. We will not hit the doomsday numbers many are predicting unless there is consensus among the experts to move the peak back to June or July. We just won't.

Take care out there and stay safe:)
It seems like the point of hitting the peak is the only thing you are believing in. One thing about flattening the curve is once we hit the peak, we will hover at it for a longer time.

I said the Illinois counties close to Iowa are doing good.

Counties in the Chicago metro area? Not so we'll.

Illinois biggest issue is that Fred Flintstone look alike governor of theirs. He looks like the type of guy that every City in this country has on their local cable teleprogramming commission board.

Have you been to the Land of Lincoln lately? North Prospect looks like 2 days before Christmas with traffic.

Btw, Wisky's are fatter than Illannoyans. https://www.webmd.com/diet/news/20120813/state-obesity-rankings-no-winners

:eek:

I said last night that all the numbers on negative tests and recovered patients are being reported. I'd like to clear up that all I do for my info is look at COVID updates on twitter, and those numbers are reported all over on it. I don't actually watch the news so maybe the mainstream media isn't reporting it. I don't trust on anything they report anymore anyway.

Fact is that none of us know what to think. Ignoring things can also be a helluva disease too.

We are all on this journey, like it or not. Bitching or being in extreme fear have about the same impact on most of us.

Call me jaded. I'm taking precautions and not living in fear. In my office it's the young ones living in fear.

Life isn't/wasn't as secure as we all wanted it to be in both health and financial health. The guy next to you not doing as well is no less special.

I'm more pissed at those, even on here who are fat slobs (especially the in your face ones), smokers, and so on than what is going on. Take away that and we don't have as much of a problem. If you aren't eating well and by that I mean even those using very worthless USDA guidelines, you are a part of the problem. Doesn't mean I won't die, but this wouldn't be as big of a deal. About any male over 25% bmi, YOU are a part of the problem.

That's a more accurate way of looking at it than TK looking for conspiracies or HawksMN who is the John Wayne Whack a Mole are. Your health you do have a lot of control over even as you age.

Almost lost my daughter couple of weeks ago. Fat nurses coming in coughing was terrible.

My economic world has already been damaged by overweight slobs drinking soda, lot's of beer, smokers (thin or fat), down right glutens and those who eat foods such as lot's of white bread that cause false hunger pains. Think of the billions that costs on those who take take of themselves.

Sorry to hear about your close call. Hopefully she is recovering nicely.

I like your take on the underlying greater health issue. I've seen reports that about 70% of adults over 20 are either overweight or obese. By definition isn't that a pandemic?

Yes - ignoring things is a disease as well. In your case I just take exception when an individual readily dismisses something without having read or listened to the info - based purely on who the messenger is or where the message is delivered. You have no argument at that point.

We have been following Italy pretty much to a tee this whole time (adjusted per capita) so unless this some how changed drastically over the next few weeks, we will be really close to a million cases.

There is and has been a big difference in the death rate as shown below. I havent heard explanations to that or actual fact why but maybe overall age and health of the populations in stricken areas, maybe Italian authorities putting more deaths down to covid without a test of patients blood, Italy under counting the number of infections.

But that is a big difference

US 2.7% death rate
Italy 12.4% death rate

It seems like the point of hitting the peak is the only thing you are believing in. One thing about flattening the curve is once we hit the peak, we will hover at it for a longer time.
I know. I've referenced it fifty times. It's a plateau, not a peak. Enough said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts