Are you personally worried about getting the Coronavirus?

Are you personally worried about catching the Coronavirus?

• Yes

Votes: 41 41.0%
  • No

Votes: 59 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Israeli expert in creating headlines to get clicks from trump supporters.

Nowhere in the article does it state what his political leanings are. He just mentioned that he thought Trump is right at the WHO is wrong.

He has some really good experience in dealing with epidemics. A lot of what he says makes sense.

Nowhere in the article does it state what his political leanings are. He just mentioned that he thought Trump is right at the WHO is wrong.

He has some really good experience in dealing with epidemics. A lot of what he says makes sense.

The part that goes...

“Under two assumptions – that the health system doesn’t collapse and that life continues as usual – we are not likely to see more than 13,500 victims of the coronavirus in Israel.”

really? You think the health care system won’t collapse during a pandemic with life continuing as usual?

Most of it is just rambling conjecture. Most of it isn’t wrong. But any time he gets close to making a point... Well, he seems to avoid doing that.

But the head line gets the clicks.

We already know he's wrong. He's been wrong for weeks.

If anyone on this forum has been influenced by his skepticism...

He should be banned or muted or whatever the options are.
You lack the ability to think critically. Too many people are in the same boat. That's why we're in this situation.

You lack the ability to think critically. Too many people are in the same boat. That's why we're in this situation.

Being a contrarian doesn’t mean you have some special insight.

So while your philosophizing, someone else on these forums may not pick up on the endless bs.

We are in this boat for many reasons. Not listening to experts is high on the list.

Being a contrarian doesn’t mean you have some special insight.

So while your philosophizing, someone else on these forums may not pick up on the endless bs.

We are in this boat for many reasons. Not listening to experts is high on the list.
The next seven to ten days will tell us a lot.

We will know after seven to ten days if people have been practicing social distancing and using common sense.

You quit posting for a day or so about it. Thought for sure you figured it out by now. It's funny that you think every single country in the world except South Korea lacks critical thinking. Problem is, it's too late to go South Korea's route. Maybe if the government and all 330 million Americans would have taken it serious early, we could have gone South Korea's route. But that ship has sailed. We will be lucky to not be Italy and Spain now.

The next seven to ten days will tell us a lot.

We will know after seven to ten days if people have been practicing social distancing and using common sense.

By thos time next week it will be way worse. You're right that after that we will see it start to drop if it's working.

Even in smaller areas like Jacksonville, IL (just west of Springfield) there's a confirmed case and high probability of several others.

By thos time next week it will be way worse. You're right that after that we will see it start to drop if it's working.
I'm predicting one million positive confirmations in this country, which would put the death toll about 12-15k.

But wouldn't both numbers be less than a bad flu season?

I'm predicting one million positive confirmations in this country, which would put the death toll about 12-15k.

But wouldn't both numbers be less than a bad flu season?

You mean you think those will be the numbers after next week? Or total after it's all done?

You mean you think those will be the numbers after next week? Or total after it's all done?
The whole epidemic, start to finish.

Our grandfather's and great grandfather's fought for this country and suffered much larger numbers of casualties, plus the PTSD issues.

Our casualties were held in check during the last two gulf wars, unless you take 9/11 casualties into account. It's been fifty years, or two generations of Americans, since we last saw anything capable of taking the lives this could take, whether it is the flu itself or fearing the flu (tanked economy, depression, crime, suicides, etc.)

The whole epidemic, start to finish.

Why do you think only a million will get infected? If the numbers already out tell us anything we can all agree on is this virus is extremely contagious. We are only a couple months in from the number 0 to what we have now. I'm confused how your math gets to that. Those numbers are soooooo much lower than numbers that would give the world even a tiny scare.

Why do you think only a million will get infected? If the numbers already out tell us anything we can all agree on is this virus is extremely contagious. We are only a couple months in from the number 0 to what we have now. I'm confused how your math gets to that. Those numbers are soooooo much lower than numbers that would give the world even a tiny scare.
I'm no epidemiologist but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express before. My guess at this point is that NY state will have more Covid 19-related deaths than that before this is all laid to rest.
Again, the next seven to ten days should tell us the story. We will know if those asked to shelter in place and practice social distancing did so.

It's the long incubation period that is the killer, and the lack of widespread testing. If we could get those that showed no symptoms but tested positive away from everyone else we would really have a leg up on this.

I'm no epidemiologist but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express before. My guess at this point is that NY state will have more Covid 19-related deaths than that before this is all laid to rest.
I'll take the over. If this thing rides out for a year, there will be at least a half million deaths in the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts