Are you personally worried about getting the Coronavirus?

Are you personally worried about catching the Coronavirus?

• Yes

Votes: 41 41.0%
  • No

Votes: 59 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been doing my own for about three years now when the guy that used to cut my hair retired. I already had a Wahl Clipper set when I used to cut my boys hair when they were young so I gave it a try. It takes a couple trimmings to get it down but after you get the hang of things you'll wonder why you did not do it before. I do a #4 on the sides, transition to a #5 and then go with a #6 on top. Trim it every three weeks and pocket the $25 I used to spend.

If I give you my address, would you stop by and give me a haircut?

Should be a good test of the hypothesis that the virus will die off in hot, humid weather. It's in the 90s almost every day there now.

Well the experts say and logic we know says that a respiratory droplet takes 1 to 2 seconds to go 3 to 5 feet for a person to breathe it in. The DHS scientist says it takes 30 to 60 seconds for UV/bright sunlight to kill the virus. And our bodies are at roughly 98.6 degrees so the virus still replicates in our very warm bodies.

My thoughts are that warm humid weather could help on surfaces but not that much when infected people are in groups. I know India went to social distancing etc but have you seen pictures of the crowding of people in those slums?

I am going to try to read your mind because when you start off your statement with the word "That" I am not sure what your subject is. I think you are saying after Rob Howe posted that tweet about PPE and hospital supplies that you think there is no shortage of hospital supplies and PPE and there havent been any overload of hospital services in areas of the country. You mention Mayo forcing paycuts and furloughing employees. I am saying if there is no big covid outbreak around Rochester then Mayo should still be operating as usual on all the sick people that go there and drive there and patients can still fly to Mayo. So why would Mayo be doing this?

Maybe you should ask Mayo. Maybe they are using this as a reason to cull their employees out. Ever think of that? It would not be the first time a US company has used some weird situation to get rid of emplyoees.

So did Rochester get hit with a huge spike of Covid?

No was Video TK shared. After Rob’s post.

I have never read about authorities cracking down on people walking in a park or public space that is still open when the people are socially distancing and not in crowds above the limit.

I guess I did see some cop or guard going after someone on a CA beach when other people were on the beach.

Where did this happen?

I've just seen random crap on here and Twitter. Who even knows if the stories are true.

I have a couple of Covid comments related to some of the above posts:

1. I work in a hospital that stopped elective surgeries (in CO). The governor ordered it. Also, with early social distancing, it made a ton of sense. So did preserving PPE. We are EAGERLY awaiting the return of elective procedures because we are struggling. I also know the devastating effects that this is having on hospitals and the entire economy.

2. Why would MAYO stop procedures to get rid of employees? Why would they limit some of the most lucrative business? No.

3. Warm weather stopping COVID. Maybe???? But, we give it person to person and spend 90% of our time in temperature controlled indoor settings, which is also where we spread it. It replicates in us and spreads directly to others, mostly indoors. This won't go away on a dime. I wish it would.

4. Herd immunity. I would LOVE for this to be something that is possible. the WHO said that there is currently no evidence for herd immunity, although I desperately hope it will be true. I know some posters who consider themselves to be rather "sirius" don't "believe" in all of the models and scientific organizations, but there you go.

Thailand Medical News?? Here is a quote from the story:

"As a person who does has no medical training, I do believe that he has problems expressing himself with regards to medical research and issues and might not even know the right terminology."

Sorry, but not putting a lot of stock in this "source".
This source is better than most of the other ones he links ;)

I have a couple of Covid comments related to some of the above posts:

1. I work in a hospital that stopped elective surgeries (in CO). The governor ordered it. Also, with early social distancing, it made a ton of sense. So did preserving PPE. We are EAGERLY awaiting the return of elective procedures because we are struggling. I also know the devastating effects that this is having on hospitals and the entire economy.

2. Why would MAYO stop procedures to get rid of employees? Why would they limit some of the most lucrative business? No.

3. Warm weather stopping COVID. Maybe???? But, we give it person to person and spend 90% of our time in temperature controlled indoor settings, which is also where we spread it. It replicates in us and spreads directly to others, mostly indoors. This won't go away on a dime. I wish it would.

4. Herd immunity. I would LOVE for this to be something that is possible. the WHO said that there is currently no evidence for herd immunity, although I desperately hope it will be true. I know some posters who consider themselves to be rather "sirius" don't "believe" in all of the models and scientific organizations, but there you go.

This is an excellent post..

Yes, and old Northwest airlines used to fly to asia from the Twin Cities and I suppose maybe Delta, United, and Alaska have some direct flights from Asia out of there. That is why I thought. and I am sure their public health people were concerned, that MN and especially the Twin Cities might get hit fairly hard.

We were planning to fly to Seattle back on April 2nd when we bought tickets in January. But when this got bad around Seattle very early our daughter out there said best not to, then were were going to drive, then we cancelled the trip.

Think about an aircraft carrier commander navigating his ship into a country next to one with a pandemic going on and that count with the pandemic happens to be your adversary in the local area. You let your crew go ashore and interact with locals. As a result a major asset in NATIONAL defense is disabled for 6 months

It probably has more to do with random luck than it does doing a good job. If infected people randomly never made it into the state before lockdown, your numbers are going to take forever to balloon. That's probably what happened in Minnesota.

Random luck? That's football....that's Covid19.

5e6f27526e470_yk3l4obfunm41__700.jpg

From what I remember (maybe during the Olympics?) there was a lot of positivity surrounding her. She seemed somewhat level headed, at least when compared to Kim Jong Un - which of course isn't saying much.

Well sure, Kim's sister has maybe only murdered one person in cold blood while Kim is way ahead killing thousands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts