Are you personally worried about getting the Coronavirus?

Are you personally worried about catching the Coronavirus?

• Yes

Votes: 41 41.0%
  • No

Votes: 59 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have off and on been looking for info how long it takes for covid from entering a cell to when the progeny virus are assembled and released from that cell. And how many progeny are created. A fast process with many many progeny does not sound good.

But if found this tidbit describing these sneaky, little bugger viruses. Basically, it says as progeny virus are built and moved to the host cell membrane they are let out of the cell but also researchers can view excess viral proteins of a certain S type. These S type proteins act to fuse multiple infected cells together with un-infected cells creating a multi-cellular mass. The bad thing they say is in this multi-cellular mass they can infect the un-infected cells without exiting the cells and possibly being 'killed' by our immune system agents. New info for me and it just reiterates how complex nature and even these nano sized 'things' are.

From NIH library type website: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4369385/

Following assembly, virions are transported to the cell surface in vesicles and released by exocytosis. It is not known if the virions use the traditional pathway for transport of large cargo from the Golgi or if the virus has diverted a separate, unique pathway for its own exit. In several coronaviruses, S protein that does not get assembled into virions transits to the cell surface where it mediates cell–cell fusion between infected cells and adjacent, uninfected cells. This leads to the formation of giant, multinucleated cells, which allows the virus to spread within an infected organism without being detected or neutralized by virus-specific antibodies.

anyone here know of anyone.....friend or relative that has or had the Coronavirus? If so, what happened to them, what did they go through? Hopefully they pulled through

I think a lot of people are taking his thoughts completely out of context. He did not say "we can" do this as you stated above, he stated "we should look in to it". One thing you have to admit about Trump is he is a very inquisitive person. He challenges the status quo and is not afraid to think out of the box. Does he shoot from the hip? Sure, but that goes hand in hand with a person who does challenge the status quo. I kind of like that in a leader.

Regarding the UV therapy, Ultraviolet Blood Irradiation (UBI) is a valid therapy to do just what he said, not directly with an invasive procedure per say, but through blood therapy. It's been used successfully to treat a number of ailments including viruses. It would be interesting for the experts to test this vs. plasma treatments with antibodies which seems to be working pretty well based on early testing.

BTW, Cuomo's wife tweeted she was taking baths in Clorox the other day so she was way ahead of Trump on the disinfectant therapy. Topical treatment but that does soak in to the blood stream as well, depending on how long she is soaking.

https://www.wycoffwellness.com/treatments/ultraviolet-blood-irradiation
I voted for him in 2016. Didn't care how petulant or abrasive he was. I don't need Mr. Rogers running my country. I did want to see how someone in that office would do with more of a business background than a political one.

Wait a second! So, we've been drinking this shit? o_O

I don't know if it's still true but when I was in college Iowa City had some of the worst drinking water in the Midwest.

Nothing, however, was worse than DeKalb Illinois. We visited our cousins there every summer when I was in elementary school and that must have been some well that their water came from. I remember the rust colored stains in the sink and bath tub from the chemicals used in the water.

I've let that sink in and already said its dumb. I was arguing that it wasn't dangerous.
I meant that as a general statement, not aimed at you specifically. We do disagree on a lot but most of your arguments are well positioned and thought out. We do disagree in that I can't defend any part of what Trump said on disinfectants and their use or even the study of their use. I really just think he should leave these press conferences to the scientists and the task force.

anyone here know of anyone.....friend or relative that has or had the Coronavirus? If so, what happened to them, what did they go through? Hopefully they pulled through
I have a friend from high school that had it and was on a ventilator. I know he was home from being hospitalized a couple of weeks ago. I don't have any details about what he went through or anything like that but being on a ventilator couldn't have been good. Hopefully, he is on his way to a full and speedy recovery.

I don't know if it's still true but when I was in college Iowa City had some of the worst drinking water in the Midwest.

Nothing, however, was worse than DeKalb Illinois. We visited our cousins there every summer when I was in elementary school and that must have been some well that their water came from. I remember the rust colored stains in the sink and bath tub from the chemicals used in the water.

I live in Iowa City and the tap water is very good now. They used to get water from the Iowa River and you are correct, it was bad back when I lived here for college. I moved here about 5 years ago and I know that some time ago (10-15 years?) they started getting water out of an acquifer. Much, much better.

For the record, although I may disagree with some of their policies and political strategies I'd have no problem with a Republican with integrity in the White House. John Kasich, Mitt Romney could get my vote. It's not about Trump being abrasive or "owning the libs." It's having a leader with more than an ounce of ability. Everything this guy has touched has been a failure. He's not been successful in business. Why should this be any different? That is what scares me about all this.

For the record, although I may disagree with some of their policies and political strategies I'd have no problem with a Republican with integrity in the White House. John Kasich, Mitt Romney could get my vote. It's not about Trump being abrasive or "owning the libs." It's having a leader with more than an ounce of ability. Everything this guy has touched has been a failure. He's not been successful in business. Why should this be any different? That is what scares me about all this.

In the 2016 election cycle I thought Kasich was the best the Repubs had to offer. He was in the race for awhile and he seems to care for people, his people in Ohio. He sounds quick with his ideas and thoughts and was interviewed a lot the last few years. I have never voted for a Republican and probably never will but Kasich seems a common man with very good ideas. And as a governor of a large state he has executive experience.

At one time I think Ohio was known as the cradle of Presidents by birth or governship.

I had both the Iowa and Illinois water experience. Iowa was horrible, while I could not get a decent cup of coffee in Illinois. Yuck!

So here's a thought. Instead of shooting from the hip and giving the media the ammunition they're desperately waiting for him to throw out there to make their lives easy lets go with a BS story about how it was a sarcastic response to the media. I'm not sure what bothers me more; the way he fails to really think before he says them, or the fact he has to come up with pedestrian excuses for making such idiotic statements. How arrogant do you have to be to spout off something that dumb and then blame someone else for running with it. We need a leader not an ego. How hard would it be for him to hire someone to see to it that he only reads from a teleprompter or what is scripted for him or to put the secret service on standby to tackle him before he says something stupid.

No more politics from me I promise.

The fact that there are those who Will do whatever he recklessly mutters, which could be Fatal, makes some of his offerings borderline criminal.

:cool:

Last edited:
I agree it's not needed. But I disagree that it's dangerous. I just read a tweet from Ben Shapiro saying that Trump never told people to infect themselves. The comments blow me away. Some people saying he did say it. Others posting the transcript showing that it was in a phrase of a question. Others saying it doesn't matter because he sucks anyway. Others saying he always has to defend him.

It got me thinking. Some people only see the main part of the debate and have no interest in breaking it down into segments. To those people, the main debate is that Trump sucks. They don't care about the minor details inside the debate.

Other people do care about minor details. To them, the minor debate of whether Trump actually told people to inject themselves with poison is a separate debate from whether or not Trump sucks. People who don't care about the minor points in a debate can't understand that so it comes off like he is debating against Trump sucking.

What you are talking about is another separate part of the main debate of Trump sucking. The debate of whether or not he should be spitballing ideas at the podium. We both agree he shouldn't be. But we disagree on how much it matters.

On a side note, someone in that tweet war mentioned the lady from Arizona who killed her husband with fish cleaner then blamed it on Trump. It's the first time I've ever seen someone else mention she murdered him. She also said the lady has voted Democrat her whole life. Not sure if she is bull shitting on that one or not, but it was interesting to finally see someone else mention it.

Perhaps, the woman from Arizona who allegedly murdered her husband, "The Murder at the Fishtank," was tired of his usage of the Trump Technique for initiating a bedroom encounter.

I also thought peek would be close to 5000 per day and was wrong. I since see the error in my thoughts. In a country this big, hot spots will develope at different times. I was basing it on the thought that the entire country would be a hotspot at the same time, similar to Italy and Spain who are much smaller countries. That's when I like talking about things. It gives you a better understanding as long as you can see things with an open mind.

This virus appears to be beyond prediction above and below the line.....

So I just read a few articles on the lady who killed her husband with fish tank cleaner. Turns out she called Trump "the crazy prez" to a friend weeks before drinking the cleaner and is a donor to the democratic party. One of her quotes was "we didn't think it would kill us. If anything, we thought it would help". "If anything"? Do you really drink poison because "if anything, you thought it would help"? I hate to toot my own horn, but I sniffed that one out fast. That lady killed her husband and got bad publicity for a president she hates all in one foul swoop.

If any of you believe that drinking bleach could help fight the corona virus then go to any town that has a municipal water supply and drink a big glass of tap water.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts