Are you personally worried about getting the Coronavirus?

Are you personally worried about catching the Coronavirus?

• Yes

Votes: 41 41.0%
  • No

Votes: 59 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What could 20 million tests in the next two weeks tell us? If the tests were given mainly in hard hit areas NYC, parts of FL, MI, IL, etc and if the results come back that 8 million people actually have or have had the virus then that is important data.

What can this tell us, well 1, it would lower the death rate percentage, 2 it would lower the percentage of people who are hospitalized. Those would be good bits of data and news. And then a third point might be when death and chronic infectious lingering results percentages drop down around or below what one might expect during large public vaccination plans then you are at a new decision point. Usually a big vaccination plan that is pushed out with only decent testing will usually have some deaths and some people getting pretty ill from the vaccine.

Mass testing with a fairly quick medical history could show that a very high percentage of those people who are in above average health to excellent health do not die or become hospitalized.

Yet the Fed leaders economy re-opening plan does not even mention huge testing numbers. HHMMMMM

What could 20 million tests in the next two weeks tell us? If the tests were given mainly in hard hit areas NYC, parts of FL, MI, IL, etc and if the results come back that 8 million people actually have or have had the virus then that is important data.

What can this tell us, well 1, it would lower the death rate percentage, 2 it would lower the percentage of people who are hospitalized. Those would be good bits of data and news. And then a third point might be when death and chronic infectious lingering results percentages drop down around or below what one might expect during large public vaccination plans then you are at a new decision point. Usually a big vaccination plan that is pushed out with only decent testing will usually have some deaths and some people getting pretty ill from the vaccine.

Mass testing with a fairly quick medical history could show that a very high percentage of those people who are in above average health to excellent health do not die or become hospitalized.

Yet the Fed leaders economy re-opening plan does not even mention huge testing numbers. HHMMMMM

You are relentless. As mentioned before, they would have to test people multiple times to monitor. That is not going to happen. Besides being fruitless, it would blow thru PPE resources. Look at the numbers below for testing just for Iowa. There have been 18,000 tests with only about 2,000 some positive. There apparently is a high false negative rate with the testing. I asked a physician the other day and he's heard anywhere up to 20%.

Percentage of tests that come back positive in Iowa
2,141 positive
18,534 negative

10.4%89.6%
Last updated at 11:10 a.m. on April 16.

SOURCE: Iowa Department of Public Health

The new 5 minute test from Abbot seems to be the way to go because you don't have to send it in to a lab. I'm sure Abbot would love to crank out 20 million of those in the next two weeks but that's a bit unrealistic. A couple months, maybe.

You are relentless. As mentioned before, they would have to test people multiple times to monitor. That is not going to happen. Besides being fruitless, it would blow thru PPE resources. Look at the numbers below for testing just for Iowa. There have been 18,000 tests with only about 2,000 some positive. There apparently is a high false negative rate with the testing. I asked a physician the other day and he's heard anywhere up to 20%.

Percentage of tests that come back positive in Iowa
2,141 positive
18,534 negative

10.4%89.6%
Last updated at 11:10 a.m. on April 16.

SOURCE: Iowa Department of Public Health

The tests they use now are collecting nasal mucous with swabs. I am talking about when the much newer antigen/antibody tests come online that require a quick pinprick and small drop of blood. I guess I should have been more clear but those are the types of tests that can find out much more rapidly if a person has had the virus but the virus might not be in their nasal mucous. I assumed and we have to assume that at some point an infected person will stop having virus in their breath and in their nasal mucous. Man we better hope so.

I still dont even know if the researchers know how long from the time a person gets the virus until they stop shedding virus or if they even stop shedding virus. I sure hope infected people stop shedding the virus at some time because it is so highly transmittable it would be a lost battle otherwise trying to stop spread with normal lifestyle

I hear and read enough from top experts who say we have to test in much much higher numbers. I dont want to hear from Dr Birx who yesterday just hemmed and hawed around on the stage when asked about how many tests we need and she didnt even answer the question. She just wants to keep her job and she knows how many false lies about testing have come from that stage.

The new 5 minute test from Abbot seems to be the way to go because you don't have to send it in to a lab. I'm sure Abbot would love to crank out 20 million of those in the next two weeks but that's a bit unrealistic. A couple months, maybe.

Agree but you might be surprised if with the Defense Production Act the Abbot people are able to use other companies facilities because those other companies are ordered to make tests. The Prez can order Eli Lilly and other companies with the manufacturing equipment already in place to start making these tests.

I think the only problem is the availability of the materials to make the tests. As far as transporting tests and giving the tests hey the US can deploy a few hundred thousand troops and all their material about anywhere in the globe in a very short time of days so the military could ship the tests.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts