Are you personally worried about getting the Coronavirus?

Are you personally worried about catching the Coronavirus?

• Yes

Votes: 41 41.0%
  • No

Votes: 59 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mentioned that the virus response will create new and more jobs. The State of MA announced hiring 1000 people and maybe more on a budget of $44 million to do contact tracing on ill people. Contact tracing has been part of public health for vd and HIV illnesses for a long time. But now tracing is needed at a much higher level with this wide spreading virus so hire the people. These workers can work with a phone and remotely at least much of the time with a computer.

With quick and easy rapid testing more people, without a lot of healthcare training, will need to be hired to test people.
China had 1800 teams of 5 people doing contact tracing in one province. If we want to get back to normal life we need mass testing and mass contact tracing. Short of a vaccine, which may or may not be effective in or building up antibodies - evidence shows may not stay in our bodies long enough to stop a resurgence, this is the best way to manage this IMO

"A Maryland police department reminded residents on Tuesday to put on pants when leaving the house to get the mail amid a statewide stay-at-home order meant to curb the spread of the coronavirus.
“Please remember to put pants on before leaving the house to check your mailbox. You know who you are. This is your final warning,” Taneytown Police Department said on Facebook. The post has since been shared more than 3,000 times."

VaF7Xg2.gif

You claimed that like a month ago.
Nope. I did predict we would get to around 5000 deaths per day tho. It will probably fall short of that. I wasn't thinking about how big our country is and how places like New York would peak and drop before other places peaked. That will keep deaths per day lower (hopefully) but won't really change total deaths. Up to date, the death count has stayed at pretty much exactly what I predicted.

On the radio this morning they reported that those who are expecting the $1,200 checks from the government by mail, you may not get yours for up to 5 months.

They also said China is lying about the amount of deaths they have from the virus. China reported about 80,000 deaths where intelligence are now hearing it was close to 2 million deaths over there. They believe the virus was created in the Wuhan lab not as a weapon, but as a virus to battle other types of virus. The Chinese wanted to created this to prove they were just as good as the U.S. if not better in creating this, now look what happened. The entire world is paying for their F up!
Actually China has only officially reported a little over 80,000 CASES not deaths. They are still only reporting 3,342 deaths as of this morning. Everybody knows those numbers are VERY low. I used to travel to China on business on a regular basis, admitting failure in their culture is a very hard thing for them to do. One of the first things we used to do with our employees there was to deprogram the fear of admitting mistakes. Identifying issues and getting them fixed was simply a lesson learned for next time and what we tried to instill. The Chinese doctors who were couragous enough to send out the warnings when this first hit are now MIA. Probably social distancing but 6 feet underground.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Last edited:
On the radio this morning they reported that those who are expecting the $1,200 checks from the government by mail, you may not get yours for up to 5 months.

They also said China is lying about the amount of deaths they have from the virus. China reported about 80,000 deaths where intelligence are now hearing it was close to 2 million deaths over there. They believe the virus was created in the Wuhan lab not as a weapon, but as a virus to battle other types of virus. The Chinese wanted to created this to prove they were just as good as the U.S. if not better in creating this, now look what happened. The entire world is paying for their F up!

Good info and we will wait for the final verdict and in the area of gene research the whole scientific world made rules and agreements that we/humans should not be messing with DNA in a single cell fertilized embryo yet ONE Chinese genetic scientist introduced a gene modification that is supposed to confer HIV immunity into an embryo that became twins.

The scientific community was really aghast or pissed because we have no idea what this human created snippet of DNA might do in those kids in if they have offspring.

Just another example of how China a rogue outfit. I dont hate the Chinese people but their system is still secretive and lie and cheat to protect.

Remember when claiming this was created in a lab was a conspiracy theory? :rolleyes:
Conspiracy theories are contrarian guesses which have no evidence to back them, which is true in this case. It's not impossible that it did originate in a lab, of course - the preponderance of evidence suggests otherwise. It's great that there's been an investigation opened and hopefully they are able to determine the truth.

Here's a good article that explains the dangers of these types of conspiracies that I'm sure you won't read because you are unable to process anything that doesn't align with your "critical thinking ability"

https://slate.com/technology/2020/02/coronavirus-bioweapon-conspiracy-theories.html

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...ether-virus-came-from-wuhan-lab-idUSKCN21Y01B

General Mark Milley, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff has said that US intelligence has looked into the possibility that the coronavirus outbreak could have started in a Chinese laboratory, but that the “weight of evidence” so far pointed towards “natural” origins.

As with an conspiracy theory, it's near impossible to prove that it isn't true, but to prove it true, all it takes is one piece of actual evidence. Sorry, having a lab 10 miles away from where the outbreak occurred is not evidence.

Correlation ≠ causation

All this being said, China has not been honest at all about many things regarding the outbreak and I'm hoping we'll have a definitive answer in the future, but would be surprised if we did.

And for those still interested in the rule of law, and the decision to withhold funds to WHO.

https://budget.house.gov/publications/report/impoundment-control-act-1974-what-it-why-does-it-matter

Congress passed the ICA in response to President Nixon’s executive overreach – his Administration refused to release Congressionally appropriated funds for certain programs he opposed. While the U.S. Constitution broadly grants Congress the power of the purse, the President – through the White House Office of Management and Budget (OMB) and executive agencies – is responsible for the actual spending of funds. The ICA created a process the President must follow if he or she seeks to delay or cancel funding that Congress has provided.

Conspiracy theories are contrarian guesses which have no evidence to back them, which is true in this case. It's not impossible that it did originate in a lab, of course - the preponderance of evidence suggests otherwise. It's great that there's been an investigation opened and hopefully they are able to determine the truth.

Here's a good article that explains the dangers of these types of conspiracies that I'm sure you won't read because you are unable to process anything that doesn't align with your "critical thinking ability"

https://slate.com/technology/2020/02/coronavirus-bioweapon-conspiracy-theories.html

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...ether-virus-came-from-wuhan-lab-idUSKCN21Y01B

General Mark Milley, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff has said that US intelligence has looked into the possibility that the coronavirus outbreak could have started in a Chinese laboratory, but that the “weight of evidence” so far pointed towards “natural” origins.

As with an conspiracy theory, it's near impossible to prove that it isn't true, but to prove it true, all it takes is one piece of actual evidence. Sorry, having a lab 10 miles away from where the outbreak occurred is not evidence.

Correlation ≠ causation

All this being said, China has not been honest at all about many things regarding the outbreak and I'm hoping we'll have a definitive answer in the future, but would be surprised if we did.
When you call out every single thing as a conspiracy theory, its statistically impossible to not eventually be right about something. Then they use those rare times they end up accidentally being right to say "see, I told you".

Correlation ≠ causation

Very good post. I posted a couple of weeks ago that scientists at Tulane Univ used some sort of genetic material science to determine to a very high confidence level that the initial Covid virus strains developed naturally. There work was vetted and agreed on by the NIH director and scientists.

The article I read did not go into the deep scientific details except to say the scientists can look at the molecular level and notice natural vs artificial man-made changes to genetic material. I do know that human chromosomes have proteins and other molecules like histones iirc 'wrapped' around the DNA and maybe these molecules are what is hard to reproduce in a lab vs modifying the DNA base pairs.

I know Dr. Fauci is very credible, and if he had ultimate say on the US response, we'd be in a much better spot.

But to me, this is damning for Dr. Fauci as well.

I'm thinking he should have resigned in protest at our failure to respond/prepare at the end of January, early February.

Very good post. I posted a couple of weeks ago that scientists at Tulane Univ used some sort of genetic material science to determine to a very high confidence level that the initial Covid virus strains developed naturally. There work was vetted and agreed on by the NIH director and scientists.

The article I read did not go into the deep scientific details except to say the scientists can look at the molecular level and notice natural vs artificial man-made changes to genetic material. I do know that human chromosomes have proteins and other molecules like histones iirc 'wrapped' around the DNA and maybe these molecules are what is hard to reproduce in a lab vs modifying the DNA base pairs.

Chromatin is the name of the whole chromosomal material. Notice the DNA/genes are tightly wrapped in a very complicated way with histone like proteins of various types and nucleosomal materials. It could be the non-DNA part of the viruses' RNA / DNA that make it possible for these Tulane Univ researchers to say the virus genetics are natural vs man-made.

upload_2020-4-16_10-5-33.png

Seriously? That is nuts if true...I would like to see them up close, but not THAT bad.

Yes I do. There is an art to it. My job gets me out in the country a lot. Where I live you can see a long ways.

I did have one form right over me a couple of times...you can read the signs about where to be. Right on top is rather random though.

My dad was a cop and I would tag along...was hooked.

The Albert Lea one was a few blocks away from my home at the time,ut b the winds were so strong I couldn't get away from the basement steps to get a better view due to trees and houses. Some of the trees were bent to the ground.

It was awesome. One house in the middle of the destruction looked fine until I realized it was on the other side of their pool.

We all have a vice. This is mine aside from playing mind games with Dean

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts